NuGNR auctioning off old clothes dryer!!

BBA

Life is sweaty for a road-doggin', arena-crushing, bandana-sporting group of hard rockers like Guns N' Roses. At least, it was. The band is currently auctioning off a bunch of old, random gear via eBay and included in the bounty is — wait for it — a clothes dryer..

As the AV Club helpfully tells us, it's a W-10 Kenmore Ultra Fabric Care Electric to be exact, and it comes in a GN'R-stenciled road case that's got a hole punched out where the venting duct would go. So yes, that means you can use the machine without removing it from its fancy rock'n'roll house..

And think how fancy and rock'n'roll your house can be with this compact and functional (well, no promises there — buyer beware) addition! Bidding starts at a measly $99, although shipping for this 278-pounder will be the winner's responsibility.

The seller's explanation: "To make room for new stuff, Guns N' Roses touring crew recently went through the band's warehouse and cleared out a bunch of gear, equipment and props the band no longer need. ... A number of items such as amplifiers, keyboards, rack/outboard gear, guitar effects, pedal boards, staging, props, backdrops and road cases will be listed over the next few weeks."

Per the band's official site, the auction is legit. Still, "We cannot accommodate any requests to have items autographed and no certificate of authenticity will be included." It's also unclear whether the dryer dates back to the Guns N' Roses or has only been used in the post-Slash era. Based on Axl's well-documented distaste for his onetime bandmate, we're going to assume he tossed the old clothes dryer a long time ago.

But props, you say? This could get interesting.

http://www.spin.com/#articles/guns-n-roses-auction-off-old-clothes-dryer

Edited by bringbackadler

The lack of interest in that auction pretty much proves that not everybody wants a bunch of old crap just because a famous band used it

I wouldn't exactly call NuGNR a "famous" band. I'm pretty sure that's the problem here.

The lack of interest in that auction pretty much proves that not everybody wants a bunch of old crap just because a famous band used it

I wouldn't exactly call NuGNR a "famous" band. I'm pretty sure that's the problem here.

Right because only unknown bands get to headline Rock in Rio. Tell me again... how many people were at that event? Tell me again... what were the numbers in the South American continent?

Just admit it already... you want that dryer soooo bad.

I don't care how big the band is...you're just nuts if you want a band's clothes dryer.

Right because only unknown bands get to headline Rock in Rio. Tell me again... how many people were at that event? Tell me again... what were the numbers in the South American continent?

Just admit it already... you want that dryer soooo bad.

I don't know. I live in the US, not SA. I could talk some about those numbers. You interested?

I don't know. I live in the US, not SA. I could talk some about those numbers. You interested?

You said, and I quote, that you "wouldn't exactly call NuGNR a 'famous' band. I'm pretty sure that's the problem here." Right? You said that, right? But I think I understand now. You're one of those Americans who thinks the U.S. is the center of the galaxy and Guns n Roses' fame only matters when it comes to the U.S. Got it.

By all means, let's talk about the concert numbers, album sales numbers, and famousness of Guns in the South American continent. Careful now, you may not like what you find.

On topic: that dryer will sell. You wait n see.

Edited by brainsaber

You said, and I quote, that you "wouldn't exactly call NuGNR a 'famous' band. I'm pretty sure that's the problem here." Right? You said that, right? But I think I understand now. You're one of those Americans who thinks the U.S. is the center of the galaxy and Guns n Roses' fame only matters when it comes to the U.S. Got it.

By all means, let's talk about the concert numbers, album sales numbers, and famousness of Guns in the South American continent. Careful now, you may not like what you find.

On topic: that dryer will sell. You wait n see.

The dryer will sell for 15 dollars ok?!

If someone wants to buy that, then ship it my way so I can scan those drives for gig recordings... :shades:

As for the rest... what's the alternative, throwing it out? When my folks renovated, I put the stupidest shit up on ebay just to see if people would take it off our hands... I literally made a few grand selling crap like old furniture, some massive glass panels from a sunroom, hell, I even sold these 2 sets of little homemade wooden steps that were going to the dump... for $30 each.

Heaps of bands auction off surplus touring gear like this. It's a fun way for fans to grab some weird collectibles... Why wouldn't you try and make some cash off your trash, rather than just throwing the lot? It's not like the reserves are high.

EDIT: Didn't even notice this was another BBA thread... scraping the barrel again dude? ;)

If someone wants to buy that, then ship it my way so I can scan those drives for gig recordings... :shades:

As for the rest... what's the alternative, throwing it out? When my folks renovated, I put the stupidest shit up on ebay just to see if people would take it off our hands... I literally made a few grand selling crap like old furniture, some massive glass panels from a sunroom, hell, I even sold these 2 sets of little homemade wooden steps that were going to the dump... for $30 each.

Heaps of bands auction off surplus touring gear like this. It's a fun way for fans to grab some weird collectibles... Why wouldn't you try and make some cash off your trash, rather than just throwing the lot? It's not like the reserves are high.

EDIT: Didn't even notice this was another BBA thread... scraping the barrel again dude? ;)

Nice Analysis HiVolt,you can sell damn near anything on ebay and people will buy it!!