Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rock In Rio Finck/Bucket Solo

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,326 posts
  • 13-February 06

Well, that was boring. :shrugs:

Well Bucket had to bring it down to Robin's skill level :)

and it's still a cooler spot, with more purpose than Mi Amor or Ballad Of Death, or Pink Pather for that matter.

But nowhere near anything that more than 1 member of the current band put together. The band jams and Richard's solo curb stomp that boring nonsense. Hell, Richard's and Finck's beautiful cover was way better, and that wasn't all that great. Pink Panther wasn't that great because it was the Pink Panther. It was still way more interesting than watching Fink and Bucket stare longingly into each other's eye while farting out that dribble with their guitars.
:shrugs:

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,043 posts
  • 03-April 03

and it's still a cooler spot, with more purpose than Mi Amor or Ballad Of Death, or Pink Pather for that matter.

But nowhere near anything that more than 1 member of the current band put together. The band jams and Richard's solo curb stomp that boring nonsense. Hell, Richard's and Finck's beautiful cover was way better, and that wasn't all that great. Pink Panther wasn't that great because it was the Pink Panther. It was still way more interesting than watching Fink and Bucket stare longingly into each other's eye while farting out that dribble with their guitars.

Quite the exact opposite. Finck and Bucket were onto something there, something the other guys can't touch. The other guy's stuff is either covers or just bad. This was their own, and it flowed well.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,326 posts
  • 13-February 06

Quite the exact opposite. Finck and Bucket were onto something there, something the other guys can't touch. The other guy's stuff is either covers or just bad. This was their own, and it flowed well.

Definitely going to have to agree to disagree on that one. They even managed to lose the crowd on that one, which should be pretty hard to do for 2 mutants looking like they're about to have alien buttsex onstage. When you have that many people starting chants and basically doing anything they can to pass the time of the snoozefest, you know something is wrong. I can't find a single solo from the current band that has the crowd putting that much effort into not paying attention. Can you?

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts
  • 22-October 11

Definitely going to have to agree to disagree on that one. They even managed to lose the crowd on that one, which should be pretty hard to do for 2 mutants looking like they're about to have alien buttsex onstage. When you have that many people starting chants and basically doing anything they can to pass the time of the snoozefest, you know something is wrong. I can't find a single solo from the current band that has the crowd putting that much effort into not paying attention. Can you?

I love this duet and the Richard& Finck duet too :shrugs:

Unless we start boycotting them nothing will ever change.

Stop seeing GnR concerts. Stop buying shit from them.

2 things will happen:
- They will actually step up and release new music.
- Or they will quit.

And quite frankly, both options are better than this.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,326 posts
  • 13-February 06

I love this duet and the Richard& Finck duet too :shrugs:

Good for you. Did anybody say you couldn't?

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts
  • 10-October 07
Yes, that jam had its beautiful moments but for the most part they sounded kinda "disconnected" from each other, if that makes sense. The pre-maddy jam is much, much cooler and sounds a lot better imo

y4oz.jpg

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,043 posts
  • 03-April 03
Pre maddy jam is ok, but they're really just playing an existing piece more slowly and improvising over it.

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

That's bullshit and you know it

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,942 posts
  • 28-January 11

Buckethead + Robin Finck + Paul Tobias >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bumblefoot + Richard Fortus + DJ Ashba. IMO.

qlq4.jpg

Graeme

Graeme

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,594 posts
  • 22-August 05
I love this jam... I've always thought there was something really haunting about it and I hope that it became a song somewhere down the liine in those early days. I don't really understand why this has become a whole current band vs. 2001 band hatefest tbh.

6tpc.gif

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

Buckethead + Robin Finck + Paul Tobias >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bumblefoot + Richard Fortus + DJ Ashba. IMO.

In what way?

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,603 posts
  • 25-November 02

In what way?

Need I say more? :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey, 18 September 2012 - 07:38 PM.

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Graeme

Graeme

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,594 posts
  • 22-August 05

In what way?

People around here keep using the "Real" video as though there's something embarassing about it... Clearly it's something I'm not seeing.

6tpc.gif

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,603 posts
  • 25-November 02

People around here keep using the "Real" video as though there's something embarassing about it... Clearly it's something I'm not seeing.

It's cos it's shit. :lol: :P

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,326 posts
  • 13-February 06

Sorry it took me so long to reply, that 9 minute snoozefest you posted put me to sleep. :shrugs:

What was your point now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users