Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rock In Rio Finck/Bucket Solo

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,525 posts
  • 25-November 02

Need I say more? :shrugs:

Sorry it took me so long to reply, that 9 minute snoozefest you posted put me to sleep. :shrugs:

What was your point now?

That Bucket is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better to listen to than whatever that dayglo excuse for an explosion in a shit factory was. ;) :lol: Sorry I get that Ron's a talented guy but I simply haven't heard a single thing he's done that I can remember within five minutes of listening to it. :shrugs:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,278 posts
  • 13-February 06

Sorry it took me so long to reply, that 9 minute snoozefest you posted put me to sleep. :shrugs:

What was your point now?

That Bucket is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better to listen to than whatever that dayglo excuse for an explosion in a shit factory was. ;) :lol: Sorry I get that Ron's a talented guy but I simply haven't heard a single thing he's done that I can remember within five minutes of listening to it. :shrugs:

From listening to your mutant play there, I would say that's because Ron just doesn't repeat the same thing over and over again enough times for you to remember. Gotta give Bucket some credit there, he definitely repeats himself enough to make sure that you don't forget. :shrugs:
:shrugs:

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,525 posts
  • 25-November 02

From listening to your mutant play there, I would say that's because Ron just doesn't repeat the same thing over and over again enough times for you to remember. Gotta give Bucket some credit there, he definitely repeats himself enough to make sure that you don't forget. :shrugs:

Hey, if something's good I don't mind listening to it more than once! :lol:

HV's Current Shit-list: Black Sabbath, Broskirose, Skype Crew (except Graeme), Miser, wfse and Dazey. Especially Dazey...

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,278 posts
  • 13-February 06

Hey, if something's good I don't mind listening to it more than once! :lol:

I wouldn't either. If it was good. :D

Graeme

Graeme

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,587 posts
  • 22-August 05

People around here keep using the "Real" video as though there's something embarassing about it... Clearly it's something I'm not seeing.

It's cos it's shit. :lol: :P

:shrugs: I don't see it... some absolutely cracking guitar playing in there.

6tpc.gif

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

What was your point now?

Haha, great point. He posted the Real vid and doesn't even know why the song is like that. He doesn't understand the lyrics, he doesn't understand the concept of the song/album, he doesn't understand shit. That's why I don't bother to answer to him. :shrugs:

y4oz.jpg

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,278 posts
  • 13-February 06

Haha, great point. He posted the Real vid and doesn't even know why the song is like that. He doesn't understand the lyrics, he doesn't understand the concept of the song/album, he doesn't understand shit. That's why I don't bother to answer to him. :shrugs:

I disagree. I personally love Dazy, and I think he is highly intelligent. We just disagree on music sometimes. :shrugs:

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

I disagree. I personally love Dazy, and I think he is highly intelligent. We just disagree on music sometimes. :shrugs:

I never said that he's not a nice person, intelligent or whatsoever. I simply said he doesn't "get" it, so he'll simply bash Ron for the sake of bashing him or because he wants to bash current GnR.

This reviewer listened to the whole album, got the concept and posted the review. He's got a valid point there and doesn't simply judge the album or song simply saying "yes, it's great" or "it's shit" like Dazey do all the time. :shrugs: I'm not saying he should listen to every aspect of the album tracks before giving his opinion, I'm saying that he doesn't get Ron's music. Could be because he simply doesn't like the songs, but there's much more to Ron's music than posting a song in a GnR forum and simply saying "it's shit".

Bumblefoot - Normal (10/10)

Who the hell is Bumblefoot? Probably thatīs the first question that you are asking to yourself once you see this review. Maybe the answer is: "The best guitar player Iīve ever seen". Itīs just THAT simple.

Bumblefoot (also known as Ron Thal) is one of those geniuses that can make whatever they want within the six strings. He's one of those guys that nobody understands, but, once you get in his music, you just canīt get out. Not only because of the insanity, but also for its strange magnetism, his intelligent lyrics and, overall, his AMAZING way of playing guitar, all complemented with a great voice and with songs full of simply amazing details.

Analyzing a Bumblefoot CD is a tough mission, because itīs very hard to fit in a specific style. Some people that have heard this record say itīs punk, others say rock, others say itīs something that canīt be described, and others (like me) think that this is pure genius from bottom to top.

"Normal" tells the story of a musician that decides to become normal, and takes medication for that, and they have the effect that he canīt write music any more, and all the development of the record is due to see the changes in the personality of the main character, and how does the fact of not being able to write music affects his life. Listening to the CD without reading the lyrics is an unforgettable sin.

The opening with the enthusiastic "Normal" gives turn to the uneasy "Real", that has some amazing tapping, followed by the intense "Turn Around", that has an interlude that scares me. "Rockstar For A Day" gives back the ironic part of the CD, with a pretty funny (and critical) lyric, that gives turn to the amazing "Overloaded", by far my favorite song on the album, with a breathtaking middle section, and a riff that leaves you orbiting in Uranus.

"Pretty Ugly" and "The Color of Justice" keep the mental and pyrotechnical revolutions at high speed (backed up by the flawless work of drummer Dennis Leeflang -formerly of Sun Caged-), to give turn to the mellow melody of "Breaking", that has a feeling that gives me chills.

"More" has one of the most beautiful lyrics Iīve ever read, in where the love for music is undoubtedly there. "Awake" takes us to a sad atmosphere, that then gives place to the funny "Life Inside Your Ass".

Everything ends with the dense "Shadow", that gives place to the happy ending with "Thank you".

To me this CD was the best of 2005, and Iīve heard it at least 150 times. Having that in mind, I always keep discovering new things and thousand of details. If youīre a fan of the guitar, here you have a collection of licks and techniques to keep in the biggest of the books, even though all is spiced up with the good taste and insanity that only the masters (yeah, those you hardly ever see) have.

A work that you must dare to explore, that has more details than you can imagine, and with a top sound and production. If your ears donīt like new sensations, then donīt even dare to put this record, but if youīre bored of hearing the same all the time, and think that the real geniuses are the people that turn things around and make something completely different, then this CD will embrace your hopes, and will give them a meaning.

A true masterpiece.

Gustavo Serrano

y4oz.jpg

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,278 posts
  • 13-February 06

I never said that he's not a nice person, intelligent or whatsoever. I simply said he doesn't "get" it, so he'll simply bash Ron for the sake of bashing him or because he wants to bash current GnR.

This reviewer listened to the whole album, got the concept and posted the review. He's got a valid point there and doesn't simply judge the album or song simply saying "yes, it's great" or "it's shit" like Dazey do all the time. :shrugs: I'm not saying he should listen to every aspect of the album tracks before giving his opinion, I'm saying that he doesn't get Ron's music. Could be because he simply doesn't like the songs, but there's much more to Ron's music than posting a song in a GnR forum and simply saying "it's shit".

Who the hell is Bumblefoot? Probably thatīs the first question that you are asking to yourself once you see this review. Maybe the answer is: "The best guitar player Iīve ever seen". Itīs just THAT simple.

Bumblefoot (also known as Ron Thal) is one of those geniuses that can make whatever they want within the six strings. He's one of those guys that nobody understands, but, once you get in his music, you just canīt get out. Not only because of the insanity, but also for its strange magnetism, his intelligent lyrics and, overall, his AMAZING way of playing guitar, all complemented with a great voice and with songs full of simply amazing details.

Analyzing a Bumblefoot CD is a tough mission, because itīs very hard to fit in a specific style. Some people that have heard this record say itīs punk, others say rock, others say itīs something that canīt be described, and others (like me) think that this is pure genius from bottom to top.

"Normal" tells the story of a musician that decides to become normal, and takes medication for that, and they have the effect that he canīt write music any more, and all the development of the record is due to see the changes in the personality of the main character, and how does the fact of not being able to write music affects his life. Listening to the CD without reading the lyrics is an unforgettable sin.

The opening with the enthusiastic "Normal" gives turn to the uneasy "Real", that has some amazing tapping, followed by the intense "Turn Around", that has an interlude that scares me. "Rockstar For A Day" gives back the ironic part of the CD, with a pretty funny (and critical) lyric, that gives turn to the amazing "Overloaded", by far my favorite song on the album, with a breathtaking middle section, and a riff that leaves you orbiting in Uranus.

"Pretty Ugly" and "The Color of Justice" keep the mental and pyrotechnical revolutions at high speed (backed up by the flawless work of drummer Dennis Leeflang -formerly of Sun Caged-), to give turn to the mellow melody of "Breaking", that has a feeling that gives me chills.

"More" has one of the most beautiful lyrics Iīve ever read, in where the love for music is undoubtedly there. "Awake" takes us to a sad atmosphere, that then gives place to the funny "Life Inside Your Ass".

Everything ends with the dense "Shadow", that gives place to the happy ending with "Thank you".

To me this CD was the best of 2005, and Iīve heard it at least 150 times. Having that in mind, I always keep discovering new things and thousand of details. If youīre a fan of the guitar, here you have a collection of licks and techniques to keep in the biggest of the books, even though all is spiced up with the good taste and insanity that only the masters (yeah, those you hardly ever see) have.

A work that you must dare to explore, that has more details than you can imagine, and with a top sound and production. If your ears donīt like new sensations, then donīt even dare to put this record, but if youīre bored of hearing the same all the time, and think that the real geniuses are the people that turn things around and make something completely different, then this CD will embrace your hopes, and will give them a meaning.

A true masterpiece.

Gustavo Serrano

I agree with you there. Thanks for posting the review, it pretty much sums up how I feel about Ron, and why I like him so much.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,880 posts
  • 28-January 11

Well, that was boring. :shrugs:

Well Bucket had to bring it down to Robin's skill level :)

and it's still a cooler spot, with more purpose than Mi Amor or Ballad Of Death, or Pink Pather for that matter.

That's bullshit and you know it

Buckethead + Robin Finck + Paul Tobias >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bumblefoot + Richard Fortus + DJ Ashba. IMO.

In what way?

I don't know, you should know, you're the one who thinks Chinese Democracy is the best album of all time, a truly masterpiece. :lol:

Now really, I think the Bucket/Finck/Brain combo was great. If you really take the time to appreciate their music behind CD, you can clearly see the potential.

qlq4.jpg

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

I agree with you there. Thanks for posting the review, it pretty much sums up how I feel about Ron, and why I like him so much.

No problems. That was a quick google search, I'd post several more reviews but you guys got my point already. :)

y4oz.jpg

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,880 posts
  • 28-January 11

What was your point now?

Buckethead shits on Bumblefoot.

qlq4.jpg

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,278 posts
  • 13-February 06

What was your point now?

It's too big of a bitch to post videos from my phone, but the solo in Breaking craps so hard on that that it's not even funny. And Breaking is nowhere near Ron's best.

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

What was your point now?

Screw that. While Bucket is amazing, he doesn't touch Ron or Govan in any way, shape or form. I know Bucket's career enough (and other projects as well) to know that he doesn't work that well as a member of a full band, that's why he doesn't fit Guns. He's more of a duo/trio guy.

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 19 September 2012 - 02:11 AM.

y4oz.jpg

Dazey

Dazey

Redcoat Bastard!

• Supporters
  • 15,525 posts
  • 25-November 02

A true masterpiece.

Gustavo Serrano

Ah yes the "you just don't get it" argument. Isn't that the one you usually find somebody prattling on about in an art gallery when they're trying to tell you that the big shit they've just done on a plinth in the middle of the room is really an existential meditation on the futility of being in a modern material obsessed western democracy? Here's a tip, they can call it what they want but at the end of the day it's really just a big steaming bum log somebody put up on a pedestal. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users