Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rock In Rio Finck/Bucket Solo

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

mcmurray

mcmurray

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • 04-June 07

Who gives a fuck about Govan?

I do. Countless people and true musicians/virtuosos do. You will someday if you pass through that "Buckethead is the be all and end all of (virtuoso) guitar playing" phase. There's much more to the virtuoso scene than Bucket and I hope you someday realize that.

This is Bumblefoot and Buckethead and like I said before, Buckethead shits on Bumblefoot.

No, he doesn't. If you really think so you're deadly wrong, but whatever. You may like Bucket much better but what you said is simply wrong.

If Bumblefoot had been a better fit for nuGn'R, he would've been in nuGn'R to begin with.

If Buckethead had been a better fit for new GnR, he would've been in new GnR to begin with. See how that works? :takethat:

Govan will impress me when he gets off his ass and writes some more music. At the moment he's nothing more than a glorified guitar teacher with one good (well, exceptional) album.

Bucket is prolific and has creativity that Bumble and Govan can only dream of.
ďThatís fucking it! Theyíve gone too far now. Iím joining the fucking army. They are not going to hit KFC, no fucking way! I canít record anymoreóIím joining the army! Now we really are at war!Ē - Buckethead

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • 10-October 07

Govan will impress me when he gets off his ass and writes some more music. At the moment he's nothing more than a glorified guitar teacher with one good (well, exceptional) album.

Yes, by creativity you mean releasing several albums sounding the same, recycling songs and playing the same known patterns over and over? C'mon. Oh, and Govan wrote a few good albums, you should check them out. Not solo albums, but awesome nonetheless.

This is a track off of the The Aristocrats' album...

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 21 September 2012 - 11:46 PM.

y4oz.jpg

mcmurray

mcmurray

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • 04-June 07

Yes, by creativity you mean releasing several albums sounding the same, recycling songs and playing the same known patterns over and over? C'mon. Oh, and Govan wrote a few good albums, you should check them out. Not solo albums, but awesome nonetheless.

By creativity I'm referring to song-writing chops and an ability to create new compelling riffs effortlessly.

It's obvious that Bucket has a few signature licks that sometimes get repeated (what guitarist doesn't?), but the notion that these are played over and over and the songs are recycled is just ludicrous. Try listening some time. Most Bucket albums have a distinct style.

I've heard all of Govan's output. Sure, some of it is nice, though nothing else he's done compares to Erotic Cakes. I want another solo album or three.

edit: and speaking of repeating patterns/licks - that Govan video is full of them.

Edited by mcmurray, 21 September 2012 - 09:29 PM.

ďThatís fucking it! Theyíve gone too far now. Iím joining the fucking army. They are not going to hit KFC, no fucking way! I canít record anymoreóIím joining the army! Now we really are at war!Ē - Buckethead

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • 10-October 07
There are some amazing playing and songwriting on his GPS and Asia recordings, not only The Aristocrats. You're talking about repetitive patterns and licks on that vid, so please point them out.
Oh, and come on... you know how repetitive Bucket is. A lot of his songs are so repetitive it's not funny. I'm not talking about a few songs, I'm talking about several of them. I'm not gonna waste my time searching carefully and point out what's so obvious, but here's a quick example of his repetitiveness

y4oz.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users