Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New partly-Guns Inspired Poetry-Philosophy Book

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Axl's Agony Aunt

Axl's Agony Aunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 05-September 12
I named my 1987/88 rock-travel memoir 'The Guns N' Roses Worker-Traveller' and I just published my second collection of poems and thoughts on Amazon Kindle called '242 Mirror Poems and Reflections'. In the intro I write that if my first collection was a raw debut like Guns' 'Suicide' or Metallica's 'Kill 'em All' I hope this will be a more mature production, like Appetite/Illusion or Puppets/Black.

http://www.amazon.co...42 Mirror Poems

One of the reflections is called 'Analysing Axl Rose', inspired by Axl's decision not to attend the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. It argues that Axl never courted fans' devotion, and that may have been a survival tactic, as he hoped that they wouldn't expect anything of him then, and be disappointed or feel let-down when he did things his way, as he knew he would in the future if he survived, for his own mind and needs.

The book is full of poems and thoughts concerning the bipolar mind, society and culture, so should appeal to Guns fans who like the band's lyrics, and may even fill a gap until more Guns material appears...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users