GNR Discography - rank the songs from best to worst

the rush

Thanks to those who reported my threads to the mods I am allowed to do a single thread for all albums..... but we will continue in a step by step fashion so just keep checking the thread to see when a poll is concluded and when the next starts

these are the songs that made the cut from CD and TSI: Ain't It Fun, Better, Black Leather, Catcher in the Rye, Down on the Farm, Hair of the Dog, Human Being, Madagascar, Prostitute, Raw Power, Shackler's Revenge, Since I Don't Have You, Sorry, There Was a Time.

we left of with UYI 2, the vote is still active and 22 people have voted so far

here are the temporary results:

1. Civil War - 3

2. Estranged - 3,13

3. You Could Be Mine - 3,45

4. Locomotive - 4,72

5. Yesterdays - 6,77

6. Pretty Tied Up - 7,09

7. 14 Years - 7,59

8. Don't Cry - alt - 7,68

9. Breakdown - 8

10 . KOHD - 8,86

11. So Fine - 9,5

12. Get in the Ring - 10,68

13 . Shotgun Blues - 11,63

14. My World - 12,63

I REPEAT: WE'LL CONTINUE DOING THIS ONE ALBUM AT A TIME SO KEEP CHECKING THE THREAD. WE STILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH UYI1, GNR LIES AND AFD AS WELL AS THE FINAL ROUND

Edited by the rush

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on much lately, is it from favorite to least favorite?

If so, then:

1. Civil War

2. Estranged

3. Locomotive

4. You Could Be Mine

5. Dont Cry (Alt.Lyrics)

6. Get In The Ring

7. 14 Years

8. Yesterdays

9. Breakdown

10. Pretty Tied Up

11. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

12. Shotgun Blues

13. So Fine

14. My World

Edited by UcudBmine

25 people voted so far and due to lack of activity I'm concluding the vote on UYI 2 24hrs from now after which we'll start to rank UYI1 songs in this same thread.

standings:

1. Civil War - 2,88

2. Estranged - 3,12

3. YCBM - 3,28

4. Locomotive - 4,56

5. Yesterdays - 6,88

6. Pretty Tied Up - 7,36

7. 14 Years - 7,4

8. Dont Cry alt - 7,64

9. Breakdown - 8,04

10. KOHD - 9,04

11. So Fine - 9,8

12. Get in the Ring - 10,52

13. Shotgun Blues - 11,48

14. My World - 12,8

so, 24h time still left for some songs in italics to make the cut or some in bold to lose out

I can't believe songs like So Fine, Pretty Tied Up, 14 Years and Don't Cry are behind a crap song like Yesterdays.

Yesterdays is a damn good song So Fine blows chunks one of the weakest song on UYIs Duff`s songwiting skills seriously suck

Edited by Son of a Guns

1. Estranged

2. You Could Be Mine

3. Civil War

4. Locomotive

5. 14 Years

6. Pretty Tied Up

7. Yesterdays

8. Breakdown

9. KOHD

10. Don't Cry (alt. lyrics)

11. So Fine

12. My World

13. Shotgun Blues

14. Get In The Ring

*In a truth- love just about ALL these tracks (especially 1-11) as UYI II is my favorite all-time album by any band...

1. Estranged

2. 14 Years

3. Pretty Tied Up

4. Yesterdays

5. You Could Be Mine

6.Locomotive

7. Civil War

8. Dont Cry

9. Breakdown

10. So Fine

11. Get In The Ring

12.Shotgun Blues

13.My World

14.Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Edited by LTD

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The bass and drums in it are among the best they ever did and I love the melody. It's the multi layers of lead vocals or whatever it is Axl did that makes the vocals suck to me.

The bass and drums in it are among the best they ever did and I love the melody. It's the multi layers of lead vocals or whatever it is Axl did that makes the vocals suck to me.

To me it is the lead guitar, the rumbling, heavy riff that goes through the song, and the amazing lyrics that does the song. I like the layered vocals, it makes the chorus a lot heavier.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I suppose there's a reason you like CD and I don't. <_< I'm not too fond of overproduced stuff.

I love the guitars as well, by the way.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Locomotive would have been one of their best songs if Axl hadn't fucked up the vocals. He's the weak link in that song.

I agree. And you know I love 'So fine' as well. I think it's a great song :thumbsup:

Edited by MBRose

I suppose there's a reason you like CD and I don't. <_< I'm not too fond of overproduced stuff.

It's hard to say "I like CD", because it contains both the best of GN'R (There Was A Time, Better) and the worst (This I Love, If The World). To say I am ambivalent is an understatement. It is better to say I both love it and hate it.

Locomotive is perfect the way it is Axl`s top notch lyrics, Slash`s heavy boan crunching riffing, Duff`s groovy bass, Matt`s hard hitting drums hell I even like Dizzy`s piano outro it`s fucking gorgeous it lacks Izzy`s parts but it`s still fantastic song Funk Metal jaggernaut

Edited by Son of a Guns