Moshcam Presents: Slash live in Sydney (trailer)

Naupis

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think their high range would be close to each other's, but Axl's actual vocal range is certainly bigger due to his lower register. The strenght is still there in songs like Jungle, TIL, ISE, NR (outro), Maddy and Nightrain, but now he chooses when to use them I guess. Doesn't work for songs like PC, YCBM (even though he still sings the outro with incredible power) and Rocket Queen (the first part, the outro sounds OK imo) and that's when he sounds really weak.

who cares the guy can be fat but he can still play the guitar like no other :devilshades:

Yes. No other can fuck up his own songs as much as he does. You are right.

From all the Gn'R songs Slash decided to dust off, I'd say that no one -- from Finck to Ashba -- has been able to surpass Slash's playing. :shrugs:

Yes. No other can fuck up his own songs as much as he does.

This of course being Robin Finck. Then again if it's perfect, it's not rock, it's mechanical.

You mean... Bucket, maybe Ron? No, seriously, as much as Bucket is awesome, his amazing playing seemed a bit mechanical, too modern rock-ish compared to the dirty old GnR sound, that's why I think that solos like his Nightrain one did not fit the song at all. I love how he just played the fuck out of the song, but the overall rhythm is pure hard rock but the lead solo was, uh, kind of fusion-ish? I don't know if I made myself clear, but even though I like Bucket's overall playing much better, I like Slash's takes on the old songs better. Not all of them, but some. Ron, on the other hand, has a more hard rock-ish sound, that's why he's a better fit imo. I love CD, it's a natural progression of the illusions sound to me, but I would never, ever want GnR to follow that direction even further. That would be too different, too NIN for my liking.

who cares the guy can be fat but he can still play the guitar like no other :devilshades:

Yes. No other can fuck up his own songs as much as he does. You are right.

From all the Gn'R songs Slash decided to dust off, I'd say that no one -- from Finck to Ashba -- has been able to surpass Slash's playing. :shrugs:

Haha, I was joking :lol: But yes, Robin's playing, while unique, didn't sound right on the old material. He's had some amazing leads like SCOM and It's So Easy, but fucked up November Rain and LALD constantly. Ashba's playing is the same as Slash's, only played with a generic tone & with a few lameass pick tapping licks thrown in.

FWrNW.jpg

That's the best real trollface I've ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...