"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

No way this is real. There was no slide to cover the techno in 2006 Better solo, and no way Axl uses the footage that way. This is file footage put together by some fan who is laughing his ass off right now.

Axl loves to tell stories in videos, there is no way this was gonna be released. I cant beleive this went 28 pages. Cool stuff to see, but this was not an official video on ant sort. :rofl-lol:

It is possible this footage was leaked, but no way was this a cohesive video, we got duped.

th_19a5e4bc.jpg

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the other thread:

I have an instant problem with the Better video, from a marketing point of view.

I essentially think it's a really cool video and you can see it's aimed as an introduction of the "new" Guns n' Roses. I like that idea and I always like video's with live elements like this. It really shows how big this band is and makes them look larger than life. Which is what rockstars are supposed to look like. It's a great way to promote and reestablish yourself.

Which brings me to the problem. It doesn't promote what Guns n' Roses is now. It promotes what Guns n' Roses has been between 2001 and 2010. Which is kind of all over the place. I get that Axl wants to give credit where credit is due (Bucket, Robin, Brain). But as a promoter I'd have a very hard time dealing with this because it showcases something very different from the product (the band) that you're trying to re-establish.

I can see people in suits and offices not wanting to get behind this video.

I think it might have helped CD as well as the band. But it would be very confusing to new fans in the form it's in now.

Exactly, and that is why I believe it was never released.

i agree. it was promoting the band showing the world the new lineup showing bucket,robin,brain

once those three left the band the video became pointless

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I agree with much of what Username said. But I don't think it would have helped the album much at all. People on this forum overrate the potential this song has or well, had, as a single. While it's a great song, it's not that catchy from the first listening and you have to try to look at it without your fan boy/girl point of view. I think TIL and SOD are the two songs that could have done well as singles with promotion.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Yup, Axl looked amazing back then. A true rockstar! Actually stylish :) You know that red carpet thing or whatever with the whole band, that looked like a band ready to take on the world. Not like today though... Everyone looks worn n' weary :/

27yuy3q.jpg

Was this from an artist's post in the ZBrush forums? Where did the pic come from?

it came from the parent directory, I imported it into zbrush and exported the modelling as jpegs..

Having just seen it, I have to say that it's pretty cool! Really good energy to some parts and the backstage footage is killer. The only thing is I can imagine people watching it and going "So WHO'S in GN'R now?!?!"

You would be pretty stupid if you watched it asked who's in GNR since all the names were in the video.

Having just seen it, I have to say that it's pretty cool! Really good energy to some parts and the backstage footage is killer. The only thing is I can imagine people watching it and going "So WHO'S in GN'R now?!?!"

You would be pretty stupid if you watched it asked who's in GNR since all the names were in the video.

Axl wasn't introduced, maybe that threw him off :P

Not a very good video IMO. There were several parts that were cool, like the sped up video at the time of the ascending chromatic riff before the bridge, but about half the time those live clips were completely off.

Great heartwarming shots of Finck BBF and Bucket tho! And I lold at Lars. Neat way to end a vid.

I am NOT asking for a link to the leak(s) or requesting anything but I would like to know where (on this forum?) or by who was this originally posted and what else was leaked? Like what's the thing with that red 3D model guy in someones sig exactly?

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

I agree with much of what Username said. But I don't think it would have helped the album much at all. People on this forum overrate the potential this song has or well, had, as a single. While it's a great song, it's not that catchy from the first listening and you have to try to look at it without your fan boy/girl point of view. I think TIL and SOD is the two songs that could have done well as singles with promotion.

This exactly.

that would be ......dizzy reed,chris pitman,robin finck, tommy stinson, richard fortus, bumblefoot, brian manita, frank ferrer, & buckethead.

you will note that ashba is not there, who is in the band and finck, brain and bucket are there who are no longer in the band thats 4 out of 8, half the band.

I was thinking more from the casual rock fan's viewpoint of not "What are their names?", but more like "Who are these people?!?" Wasn't a fan of that "band introduction" part, but the rest was really cool!

It probably would have made the song more popular.

I don't think so. If it failed when it hit radio, a video ain't gonna help it.

Videos do help, a lot of people discover new songs via youtube etc. In fact, videos killed the radio star.

Edited by axl8302

that would be ......dizzy reed,chris pitman,robin finck, tommy stinson, richard fortus, bumblefoot, brian manita, frank ferrer, & buckethead.

you will note that ashba is not there, who is in the band and finck, brain and bucket are there who are no longer in the band thats 4 out of 8, half the band.

Ashba had nothing to do with Better and this I'm pretty sure was finished in 2008

Edited by ThinkAboutYou