"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

Axl also clearly stated he hated all the old epic videos.

What? Where was this?

The only way I can imagine him saying this is because the old band is there.

Axl didn't say that he hated the epic videos. He just said that now he finds them corny. Nothing to do with the old band.

Ok, but being that he said that, one could hardly expect something in the vein of NR or Estranged, which is why people who bitch about not getting that make me mad. Dude, he TOLD you he wasn't into that anymore!

Yes, I dont think its logical to criticize the video simply because its not an epic, story-oriented thing. Every video cant be like that, different songs have different flavors. There was some early plan for making a story-oriented video for Shackler's Revenge, I think, because Axl had talked about Mickey Rourke consenting to play the Shackler.

Did you watch the better video?

Yup, commented on that already.

Sailway has bashed probably 10-12 different posters in this thread for stealing Axl and the band's property.

So you don't think it is stealing and you think it is OK to listen to material that is leaked, without Axl's consent?

I know this might come as a shock to you but Sailaway and I are not the same person, the clue is in the fact that he's called sailaway and I'm called rabia. :)

Sailaway's entitled to his own opinion.

I'm not sure whether this is a leak or a throwaway cut or an abandoned project or whatever else. So I went ahead and watched it. If it hurts the band's interests for fans to watch these things, I'll apologize whole-heartedly but I dont know where the band stands on this so I cant say. Its stealing if it was released without the band's involvement but I read on the forum that the video had some connection to the MTV website so I'm guessing it didn't get there without the band's involvement.

Whats this rubbish about MTV it was baked FX

Wrong channel then. But still a channel.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl also clearly stated he hated all the old epic videos.

What? Where was this?

The only way I can imagine him saying this is because the old band is there.

Axl didn't say that he hated the epic videos. He just said that now he finds them corny. Nothing to do with the old band.

Ok, but being that he said that, one could hardly expect something in the vein of NR or Estranged, which is why people who bitch about not getting that make me mad. Dude, he TOLD you he wasn't into that anymore!

Yes, I dont think its logical to criticize the video simply because its not an epic, story-oriented thing. Every video cant be like that, different songs have different flavors. There was some early plan for making a story-oriented video for Shackler's Revenge, I think, because Axl had talked about Mickey Rourke consenting to play the Shackler.

Did you watch the better video?

Yup, commented on that already.

Sailway has bashed probably 10-12 different posters in this thread for stealing Axl and the band's property.

So you don't think it is stealing and you think it is OK to listen to material that is leaked, without Axl's consent?

I know this might come as a shock to you but Sailaway and I are not the same person, the clue is in the fact that he's called sailaway and I'm called rabia. :)

Sailaway's entitled to his own opinion.

I'm not sure whether this is a leak or a throwaway cut or an abandoned project or whatever else. So I went ahead and watched it. If it hurts the band's interests for fans to watch these things, I'll apologize whole-heartedly but I dont know where the band stands on this so I cant say. Its stealing if it was released without the band's involvement but I read on the forum that the video had some connection to the MTV website so I'm guessing it didn't get there without the band's involvement.

Thank you for the answer, without insults.

I feel the same way that you do.

Watching it won't change the fact that I will purchase any music related product that the band releases in the future.

Sorta glad they didn't officially release it. I liked the intro but the rest was meh. Just some cool backstage shots.

Cool video, for what it was. A few observations:

1) Axl never looked so cool as the few seconds the band was together being photographed before going on at Download.

2) So awesome to see both Brain and Buckethead featured. Brain is all over the footage, didn't see much of Frank at all.

3) The hum of that car is unreal. I'm not even a big car guy, but it's a showstopper. Wow.

4) The part where Richard, Tommy and Robin all at the mics at once was (imo) a tribute to the frontline singing in the Paradise City video. Almost exact.

i managed to get 2 of the versions and the zbrush file with the red baby plus the bucket clip (with the green background, however in the actual video its red?)

anyone else get anything from the parent directory?

Edited by Gunns

With all the rumors years ago about the better video just basically being live footage we all seen this coming, but I am still a little disappointed that it is not a full fledged music video, because like someone said before me, a live video just doesn't do "the most anticipated album ever" justice if ya know what I mean. Although Im sure there were plans for at least one epic music video from CD 1 if not more. Which makes me think, weren't there rumors that there was a Street of Dreams and Catcher video finished but never released also or something like that?

Also the Ferrari in the beginning is hard to see because it was so dark, but I assume that is Axl's Enzo Ferrari?

With all the rumors years ago about the better video just basically being live footage we all seen this coming, but I am still a little disappointed that it is not a full fledged music video, because like someone said before me, a live video just doesn't do "the most anticipated album ever" justice if ya know what I mean. Although Im sure there were plans for at least one epic music video from CD 1 if not more. Which makes me think, weren't there rumors that there was a Street of Dreams and Catcher video finished but never released also or something like that?

Also the Ferrari in the beginning is hard to see because it was so dark, but I assume that is Axl's Enzo Ferrari?

No, there weren't any such rumours, you just made that up.

It isn't the most anticipated album ever. That title belongs to "Smile" By Brian Wilson/Beach Boys. Why is a live video surprising?

Axl would never put a ton of money into anything like a concept video again. Even by the old band standards alot of the videos

were live. LALD, Dead Hose, Paradise City, YCBM.....it's just cheaper than a concept video.

How this could have possibly been the official and only video for the most expensive and long awaited album of all time I could never understand. I mean, it's a cool video for a second single off of a normal band's upcoming album; but this isn't Chinese Democracy material.

I'm surprised it's such a big deal now. Regardless of how cool the video may or may not be I don't see why they would bother releasing it now for anything other than the novelty of it. Is there really any point in trying to promote a record who's time came and went?

More importantly, why would it be a big deal if it "leaked"? It's been 4 years. Who cares if we see it at this point? It's pictures that go along with a song thats been out for what... six years counting when it actually did "leak"?

On a side note "So full of anger" is a pretty good remix.

Edited by DeadSlash