"Better" music video leak discussion - DISCUSSION ONLY

ceres

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't promote what Guns n' Roses is now. It promotes what Guns n' Roses has been between 2001 and 2010. Which is kind of all over the place. I get that Axl wants to give credit where credit is due (Bucket, Robin, Brain). But as a promoter I'd have a very hard time dealing with this because it showcases something very different from the product (the band) that you're trying to re-establish.

I get what you're saying, but remember this was done in Dec '08, and by then it was still uncertain what the status of Robin and Brain was. Buckethead is the only member fully out of the band when this was made, and he's seen less than the other guys in the video.

Edited by Twinaleblood

It doesn't promote what Guns n' Roses is now. It promotes what Guns n' Roses has been between 2001 and 2010. Which is kind of all over the place. I get that Axl wants to give credit where credit is due (Bucket, Robin, Brain). But as a promoter I'd have a very hard time dealing with this because it showcases something very different from the product (the band) that you're trying to re-establish.

I get what you're saying, but remember this was done in Dec '08, and by then it was still uncertain what the status of Robin and Brain was. Buckethead is the only member fully out of the band when this was made, and he's seen less than the other guys in the video.

All true, but my point still stands. And after Robin's departure I imagine it'd only weigh heavier to people in suits who make decisions.

All true, but my point still stands. And after Robin's departure I imagine it'd only weigh heavier to people in suits who make decisions.

I can fairly guess that Robin's departure is one of the reasons the video was scrapped.

Maybe somebody remember better than me, but I think there was a director who claimed GNR hired him to do a video for Better and it was some sort of clay motion video. Maybe that's the direction they wanted to go when they decided not to use this one.

My god seeing the regular members on here play Leak Police is fantastic :rofl-lol:

Anyways, I am curious to see it but honestly I don't really care about it that much. A video for a nearly 4 year old song that was supposed to come out nearly 4 years ago. I'll take what I can get though, at least it is something :thumbsup:

I have an instant problem with the Better video, from a marketing point of view.

I essentially think it's a really cool video and you can see it's aimed as an introduction of the "new" Guns n' Roses. I like that idea and I always like video's with live elements like this. It really shows how big this band is and makes them look larger than life. Which is what rockstars are supposed to look like. It's a great way to promote and reestablish yourself.

Which brings me to the problem. It doesn't promote what Guns n' Roses is now. It promotes what Guns n' Roses has been between 2001 and 2010. Which is kind of all over the place. I get that Axl wants to give credit where credit is due (Bucket, Robin, Brain). But as a promoter I'd have a very hard time dealing with this because it showcases something very different from the product (the band) that you're trying to re-establish.

I can see people in suits and offices not wanting to get behind this video.

that is why it probably wasnt released. it showcases brain,bucket,robin and all of them were gone sadly

So noone can give a link????

Nope.

one hair away from reporting this.

Did you know Axl Rose will release a 3 part trilogy known as chinese democracy by 2012??

Exactly :fuckyou:

Anyone posting this link publicly will be instantly banned from the forum.

I'm on my phone currently but will investigate further tonight. Discussions are fine but anyone seen to be advertising leaked material in this thread, privately to other members, will also be banned.

I can't have the forums security breached with potential leaked material that has not been officially released.

Thank you Subs :thumbsup:

Good Man !!

An honest question........

How come you are bashing some people for watching/sharing the video........but not others? Is it OK for the people you think are "real" GnR fans to watch the video?

Not trying to start an argument, and there are no insults in my post. I'm just curious why you aren't applying your standard that nobody should watch/share unreleased material to ALL the posters on the forum. You seem to be giving your friends a free pass?

And like I said. I've actually complimented you on this issue. You have way more will power than most of us do.

I'm not giving anyone a free pass idiot,I'm sending/reporting all this activity.

Do all you want, Axl Rose still doesn't like you!!! ahahahahahahahaha!!! LOSER!!!!

Jk bro but seriously..I remember when I was a virgin :rofl-lol:

Funny kid :monkey:

Hey sailaway, I just downloaded the video and am playing it on a huge screen in my neighborhood for an hour straight now.

Stop me.

Cease and desist immediately, or sailaway will be forced to arrange for a SWAT Team to be sent to your location to terminate that screen. This is a matter of national security - the Better video must not be seen by anyone!

I'm not giving anyone a free pass idiot,I'm sending/reporting all this activity.

Did you see the video?

No,i did not download the leak.

Me neither. Yet. How much damage do you think an old video that will never be released can do?

Loaded Question,I take a dim view on illegal,not officially released material,if that makes me a dick,so be it.

Been called worse by better.

Did you see the video?

No,i did not download the leak.

Me neither. Yet. How much damage do you think an old video that will never be released can do?

Loaded Question,I take a dim view on illegal,not officially released material,if that makes me a dick,so be it.

Been called worse by better.

If Better wasn't in my bottom 5 on the album, I'd probably be a lot more excited. It would be nice if Axl wasn't a hoarder though. :shrugs: