REALISTICALLY, what can Axl do to satisy you? (given the CURRENT situation)

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I'm not looking for 'reunion' or 'quit' answers here.

What can Axl realistically do in his current situation to satisfy you?

New music? New band members?

For me it would be to bring back the excitement like I mentioned in that other thread I made. Bring back Buckethead and Finck!! I also want new music from that line up (not sure I want stuff from the current one - no offence :scared: ).

This is kind of cheating but I'd like him to release all of that unseen footage and any unheard music from the old days.

Yeah, it's morally wrong to do all this under the GN'R name of course but like I've said countless times, I'm selfish and want to see Axl in any way, shape or form.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Buckethead and Finch are the two worst musicians that GNR ever had. Both were absolutely horrible live. I've no interest in any new album from Axl. Since we won't get any reunion, I'd like him to quit, but if he continues to tour, I want it to sound as decent as possible and therefore I am more content with having Ashba there than Buckethead and Finch.

Put out the CD leftovers. He's 50 and sounds like shit now, anything he records today (especially with his current band) is probably going to suck.

I have too much respect for Buckethead to wish for his entrapment in this revolving tour circus of a band.

Edited by bacardimayne

Eh, nothing. Seeing them live works for me. I loved Democracy. I suppose another album with this group would be nice, but since I don't live and die for it, I don't care if it comes or not. A leak or two would make me pretty rabid for such a release, so I don't want leaks either, lol.

if they were to have a new release on the horizon, I don't want to know about it until 6-8 weeks beforehand. From there, give us a good rockin single, and a video ala Better just for Youtube and the like. A video will cement these guys as a "band."

Keep being Axl Rose, and keep GNR going. Whether that's albums, shows, tours, residencies...whatever. This has been the best decade ever in the history of GNR. We've gotten tour after tour, a long-awaited album, Axl going from reclusive asshole to chatting up fans almost every show, and a reasonably stable line-up by GNR standards. We now have a band together that behaves like a band, as the wonderful backstage footage in the Better video shows. What can Axl do? Keep going. I'm not a stuck-up prissy bitch like so many here, who need it done exactly their way or Axl is a failure. I love this man's work, I love the band he's working with, and I want them to keep moving full steam ahead.

Keep being Axl Rose, and keep GNR going. Whether that's albums, shows, tours, residencies...whatever. This has been the best decade ever in the history of GNR. We've gotten tour after tour, a long-awaited album, Axl going from reclusive asshole to chatting up fans almost every show, and a reasonably stable line-up by GNR standards. We now have a band together that behaves like a band, as the wonderful backstage footage in the Better video shows. What can Axl do? Keep going. I'm not a stuck-up prissy bitch like so many here, who need it done exactly their way or Axl is a failure. I love this man's work, I love the band he's working with, and I want them to keep moving full steam ahead.

+ 1

I think it's ridiculous to think he's going to bring Fink and Buckethead back. What would be great if we actually got some information from GNR once in a while, either by interviews, web chats or something other than all this speculation. I'd like to hear that a DVD from the last 10 yrs of touring is going to come out along with a box set from all the CD left overs including past members. Then an all new album from current members and tour. This is my idea and would make me happy as hell. Will it happen? Probably not.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

This has been the best decade ever in the history of GNR.

Dear fucking God, end this world. Now!

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Guest RonMexico82

This isn't what you want to hear but it IS what I'd like to see.

First of all. Get over it and stop being a bitter old man.

Make your peace with Slash (who should equally own up or apologise for whatever he did)

Get Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven in an isolated studio somewhere with no distractions and bang out a few tracks, some acoustic, with as few outside influences as possible. Have Mike Clink oversee it. Maybe make that record that you said you were going to make after the Spaghetti Incident.

Go your separate ways to cool off. If you feel like it, do a tour and then retire or go solo.

That is it. Just stop this fucking circus and pissing all over the carcass of a once great band.

What would have been productive here would have been for you to produce some actual points on why you didn't agree with this statement. Is your brain capable of such intelligent thought? Or did you just hit your peak?

LOL!I was thinking HUH?!Best decade....this decade?Yeah right.

The best decade was when this band came to be........period!

:thumbsup: THIS!

Make your peace with Slash (who should equally own up or apologise for whatever he did)

Get Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven in an isolated studio somewhere with no distractions and bang out a few tracks, some acoustic, with as few outside influences as possible. Have Mike Clink oversee it. Maybe make that record that you said you were going to make after the Spaghetti Incident.

Go your separate ways to cool off. If you feel like it, do a tour and then retire or go solo.

That is it. Just stop this fucking circus and pissing all over the carcass of a once great band.

Adler isn't capable of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Why do you want to hear this? Did you hear the mess Van Halen made when they finally "reunited and gave the people what they wanted?" It was fucking terrible. And forcing Axl to work with Slash and Steven again would produce something similarly awful. Izzy? Duff? Sure thing. Let them contribute, record, whatever. Keep the other two away from anything GNR related. They have no concept of how to move forward musically and I don't want to hear 13 versions of "Anything Goes."

This, THIS, a thousand times this!

Oh my god, what a bunch of fuckin dorks...

Guest RonMexico82

Adler isn't capable of making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Why do you want to hear this? Did you hear the mess Van Halen made when they finally "reunited and gave the people what they wanted?" It was fucking terrible. And forcing Axl to work with Slash and Steven again would produce something similarly awful. Izzy? Duff? Sure thing. Let them contribute, record, whatever. Keep the other two away from anything GNR related. They have no concept of how to move forward musically and I don't want to hear 13 versions of "Anything Goes."

Ah... yeah. Cool. I just. couldn't.be.arsed.

Edited by RonMexico82

Agreed, a Million times!!

Also agree with SS's post as well.

I think this is the dream scenerio for most people and we've discussed this loads of time. I was just wondering from a realistic level - knowing Axl and the current situation he is in, what could he do to make you happier?

It'll be more interesting to hear an answer from people like you. That's why I asked the question.

Oh my god, what a bunch of fuckin dorks...

It kills me that Axl will die with the joke aspects of him much more emphasized than for what he accomplished musically. He already is now. I know, I know, pwoor widdle waxl. :jerkoff:

Buckethead and Finch are the two worst musicians that GNR ever had. Both were absolutely horrible live. I've no interest in any new album from Axl. Since we won't get any reunion, I'd like him to quit, but if he continues to tour, I want it to sound as decent as possible and therefore I am more content with having Ashba there than Buckethead and Finch.

You sir, have poor taste.