How to meet Slash after the shows?

gunsfanoldie

I've seen people on here and on Youtube have talked about meeting Slash and Myles and the band after the shows. Does anyone know how to do this? Do they usually come out the back door or do they book it out of there right after the show so that no one can meet with them? I would love to stick around at the New York show tomorrow night to meet Slash and the band but don't know how to go about this. Specifically has anyone done this for a band at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York? Or has anyone had experience with this in the past? Maybe I'm over optimistic but know people did it when I went to the Wellmont Theater and I didn't stick around for it. So wondering if this is a possible thing.

Get the VIP tickets.

I thought Slash is known to leave his venues and meet with fans after shows. I was wondering if it was possible to meet him without paying for the VIP tickets. I thought Slash was someone that didn't bolt right out of the venues and didn't mind hanging with fans if he ran into them.

i think after the show if you wait probably at least an hour he will come out and sign autographs

Thats what I mean. Do you know if thats how long it takes or at some point is it worthless to stand out there? I have all the time in the world tomorrow so if it meant waiting for an hour I could do that. Thats why I was wondering if anyone had any experience in this. Because I wonder why he would wait an hour if he'd probably want to leave the venue.

i think after the show if you wait probably at least an hour he will come out and sign autographs

Maybe 1.5 - 2 hrs after the show, enough time for them to have a shower, change clothes, chill out etc... then he might go to the back gate/entrance of the venue to sign autographs.

I met him a few weeks ago - he was lovely. It was so nice to see Slash up close and looking very healthy and happy !

Good luck.

:)

Maybe 1.5 - 2 hrs after the show, enough time for them to have a shower, change clothes, chill out etc... then he might go to the back gate/entrance of the venue to sign autographs.

I met him a few weeks ago - he was lovely. It was so nice to see Slash up close and looking very healthy and happy !

Good luck.

Really. I wouldn't have thought it would take that long. I figured they'd want to get out, but maybe half an hour or so. Is there any way to tell if they've left. Obviously i wouldn't want to be waiting there for 2 hours for nothing so would be looking for a sign to know if they left or not.

Good luck.

Do you have pics?

Didn't get a chance to meet them after the show, but the concert was outstanding. My 6th time seeing them and I had gotten it into my head I shouldn't expect anything new this time since I've been to so many. Well I got Been There Lately (my favorite Snakepit song), You're Crazy (I got Out Ta Get Me last month so very happy to get the alternative), Bad Rain, and Welcome To The fucking Jungle all for the first time. Incredible show, incredible New York crowd. Loved Eddie Trunk's intro before the main introduction for the band. So happy and surprised by the Gilby Clarke guest spot on Paradise City. Really cool to see those two together. After 6 shows, this may have been my all time favorite. So much better than I ever expected.

I was with friends that didn't feel like waiting around for the band, even though I would have loved to. Maybe someone else got to meet them which would have been really cool!

What time have they been going on stage on an average weeknight (not weekend) to the people who have attended?

I have no desire to see the opening band, but want to be there in time so I don't miss any of Slash. What's a good time to get there? Thanks.

What time have they been going on stage on an average weeknight (not weekend) to the people who have attended?

I have no desire to see the opening band, but want to be there in time so I don't miss any of Slash. What's a good time to get there? Thanks.

I'd say be there by 9:30. That's been the average of the 3 most recent shows I went to (Saturday, Sunday, and last night).

Edited by uctalum01

Boston was a weeknight.

7 PM - Doors

8 PM - Opener took the stage

9 PM - Slash took the stage

I was thinking that I would get there at 8:30-8:45 as I figured he would be on stage about 9, out by 11. He plays about 2 hours on the button from what I have seen.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Boston was a weeknight.

7 PM - Doors

8 PM - Opener took the stage

9 PM - Slash took the stage

I was thinking that I would get there at 8:30-8:45 as I figured he would be on stage about 9, out by 11. He plays about 2 hours on the button from what I have seen.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Do you know how many openers? If it's only one then that would be about right, but with 2 openers the first starts at 8. They've been going about 30min. The direct support goes on about 8:45ish. Then Slash on around 9:30 and finishing between 11:30-11:45. Last night was like that and that was a weeknight.

Im going Saturday at the Fillmore in Detroit and can't freaking wait. Hoping for Jungle but the sets have been fucking fantastic this tour! This will be my third Conspirators show (second on this tour after the Grand Rapids show in May) and my fourth time seeing Slash.

I will certainly be waiting afterwards to see if I can meet him :thumbsup:

And Naupis- Defiantly see the opening band if it's Foxy Shazam, they're amazing! I'll have seen them four times by monday!

Edited by ZoSoRose

If you miss Foxy, kill yourself. Self-titled album rules. rock4

Haha an interesting way of putting it. But yes, I got into their newest Church Of Rock And Roll album earlier this year which I really enjoy. Then went back to their self titled album. Much poppier, and honestly not usually my kind of taste. But I love it and maybe like it better than their newest album at this point. So stupidly catchy and their stage show is outstanding.

Do you know how many openers? If it's only one then that would be about right, but with 2 openers the first starts at 8. They've been going about 30min. The direct support goes on about 8:45ish. Then Slash on around 9:30 and finishing between 11:30-11:45. Last night was like that and that was a weeknight.

You're time line was pretty much dead on, other than they came on about 9:45 and I was out about 11:50 or so.