Which Affected Axl More - Annulment with Erin or Slash Leaving?

ChristmasFnatic

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Axl?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

I think around same amount as Axl if Im not mistaken.

Haha saw that typo. Woopsy!

I voted for Ashba

Stephanie. Just listen to Better, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time. And Prostitute, too.

And This I Love.

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Slash?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

Certainly you have a point- particularly live. That said Axl and Robin spent their fair share of time together on stage in 01/02 and 06/07. It's not like Bucket where they just played 20 shows total or whatever...

Meanwhile- on the creative/studio side Brian May was pretty specific about how upset Axl was the first time Robin left and how the material he'd recorded with Robin meant a great deal to him, etc.

Anyway- who knows...

Stephanie. Just listen to Better, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time. And Prostitute, too.

And This I Love.

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Slash?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

Certainly you have a point- particularly live. That said Axl and Robin spent their fair share of time together on stage in 01/02 and 06/07. It's not like Bucket where they just played 20 shows total or whatever...

Meanwhile- on the creative/studio side Brian May was pretty specific about how upset Axl was the first time Robin left and how the material he'd recorded with Robin meant a great deal to him, etc.

Anyway- who knows...

Fair point. I was thinking when Robin left in '08, not when he left in like 2000 for a little bit..regardless, I'm sure every member of the band leaving had an effect on him to some degree. I think a good question would be which member had the LEAST effect..

And This I Love.

That is about Erin, not Steph.

Didn't know that. istening to that songs lyrics and overall tone versus the others, I think Erin takes the cake.

Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Tell me Marc, do you believe in your heart of hearts that they will reconcile down the road?

For someone to throw them both in a padded room together, let them beat the shit out of each other and then they would need 3 days to talk it out before you can let them out. That would do it. They just need to talk it out and that would be the only way it could happen.

Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Tell me Marc, do you believe in your heart of hearts that they will reconcile down the road?

For someone to throw them both in a padded room together, let them beat the shit out of each other and then they would need 3 days to talk it out before you can let them out. That would do it. They just need to talk it out and that would be the only way it could happen.

Shit in this case Slash won`t come alive out of that room

Obviously that'll probably never happen...But god how I wish it would. They're both doing their thing (obviously I think Slash is doing it much better but whatever) but you usually only hit the jackpot and create F'ing absolute everlasting magic once in your life...They did it together and it would be a waste/tragedy if they (and the rest, it would happen if they main fissure was healed) never reconciled and played again. Whoever you're a bigger fan of these days, it wouldn't be complete unless they did something together while they still have some lead in their pencils...I mean personal grudges aside...they're is a personal responsibility you have when you were given the luck of incredible magic with someone else..they had it...to never revisit that for themselves and more importantly millions of fans worldwide would be an epic fuck up...the balls in Axl's court and he'll probably be helped by his minions to ignore it, but he should wake up and smell his rank subjugation and make it happen imo!

Obviously that'll probably never happen...But god how I wish it would. They're both doing their thing (obviously I think Slash is doing it much better but whatever) but you usually only hit the jackpot and create F'ing absolute everlasting magic once in your life...They did it together and it would be a waste/tragedy if they (and the rest, it would happen if they main fissure was healed) never reconciled and played again. Whoever you're a bigger fan of these days, it wouldn't be complete unless they did something together while they still have some lead in their pencils...I mean personal grudges aside...they're is a personal responsibility you have when you were given the luck of incredible magic with someone else..they had it...to never revisit that for themselves and more importantly millions of fans worldwide would be an epic fuck up...the balls in Axl's court and he'll probably be helped by his minions to ignore it, but he should wake up and smell his rank subjugation and make it happen imo!

Are you mental? It is nobody's "personal responsibility" to be around somebody they dislike for your personal amusement.

Are you mental? It is nobody's "personal responsibility" to be around somebody they dislike for your personal amusement.

What flavours the Kool Aid today? I personally love grape. :)

Who does Axl hate more...the one he pummeled or the one that is a cancer? He hated them both (obviously) so neither affected him. You don't beat a chick that you "love". He never loved her, just used her and tossed out like a piece of crap. Good she moved on and is happy now.

But they lived it. It's like getting a bunch of guys in the military back together for a reunion of some sort, and there's people going that cost you reduction in rank. Even if it was years ago, you're still going to be pissed off at them.

Getting back together for themselves - all they need to do is get a place for a private show, plug in, and play. Doing a big tour - really tall order, and they'd all want partnership. Duff and Izzy are the only guys I can see coming back to GNR to write songs and occasionally pay shows with them, but they don't want to be back in full time. That ship has sailed.

Outside of Slash and Axl, Axl's reconciled with Steven, Izzy, Matt, and Duff.

I would imagine artificial flavoring "flavors" the kool aid.

Now,that said-what flavor is the hateraid today?? :drool:

Who does Axl hate more...the one he pummeled or the one that is a cancer? He hated them both (obviously) so neither affected him. You don't beat a chick that you "love". He never loved her, just used her and tossed out like a piece of crap. Good she moved on and is happy now.

Who gave snowmass permission to talk?? That bitch probably had it comin anyways..

I just wish they could or would be friends again.If they care or ever did care about each other at all.They wouldn't nessecarily have to make music.It hurts like hell when you lose a friend like that.

One thing about love & hate is that's normally an enduring feeling and if Axl hates Slash for what he's done in the past, he'll probably hate the guy forever and will never forgive him. No matter how unfortunate someone may see it, that's how it is.

Edited by trqster

Who gave snowmass permission to talk?? That bitch probably had it comin anyways..

OK Eazy-E.

It tastes like victory.

Please don't flame other members. Especially in this section.

Snowmass: same goes for you. Keep that shit in Attitude. There are ways of expressing such an opinion without being so...rude?

One thing about love & hate is that's normally an enduring feeling and if Axl hates Slash for what he's done in the past, he'll probably hate the guy forever and will never forgive him. No matter how unfortunate someone may see it, that's how it is.

Yeah, my personal theory is that Axl didn't really hate Slash at first...from 1996-2000 or so it didn't seem that bad. I think once Axl started to realize what a clusterfuck him/GNR had become he increasingly started hating Slash/using him as his personal fall guy for all the problemss he was going through. The hatred only increased with more failures and it became pathological imo...I mean Marc Canter's statements about Axl thinking Slash is basically evil are disturbing. It's easier to hate/blame somebody else for your fuck ups, especially when Axl's world is one with him being surrounded by sycophants. Slash was just the most obvious target.

OK Eazy-E.

It tastes like DELUSION.

That's what I though. :takethat: