Which Affected Axl More - Annulment with Erin or Slash Leaving?

ChristmasFnatic

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The quote unquote incident that probably hurt him more than any of the bullshit listed in the poll was when Slash took song ideas destined for GnR and defiantly released an album as a "fuck you" to Axl.

He did? Was that with the snakepit or Velvet? I heard somewhere one of the songs from Contraband were originally an idea for guns. Im not sure.

But yea, I think Slash leaving GN'R hurt Axl more than Erin.

The quote unquote incident that probably hurt him more than any of the bullshit listed in the poll was when Slash took song ideas destined for GnR and defiantly released an album as a "fuck you" to Axl.

He did? Was that with the snakepit or Velvet? I heard somewhere one of the songs from Contraband were originally an idea for guns. Im not sure.

But yea, I think Slash leaving GN'R hurt Axl more than Erin.

Yes, Snakepit. Now before all the angry kids start jumping up and down, yelling, and pointing their fingers at me, allow me to say that the details are murky and there are discrepancies, etc. But there are interviews where several key gunners talk about it. There's some evidence to suggest Axl and Duff both rejected what Slash came up with in the post 94 years. Then there's some evidence to suggest Slash tried to dictate his songs be solely under his creative control. There's some evidence to suggest Axl was aloof and communication was lacking all around, leading Slash to just release it without relaying the info to his bandmates.

Actually though, my implied point was that Slash leaving may have hurt less than when he released Snakepit. Who knows.

Edited by brainsaber

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

Axl threatened to kill himself if erin didn't marry him. He didn't threaten to kill himself if slash left. Axl did everything he could to push slash out, and it worked to his pleasure. I think the thing that upset axl after slash left was that everyone took slash's side and that he realized that everyone else in the band (except dizzy) was out too.

Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Edited by recklessroad

All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

yeah sure, they can continue making music, but most of fans don't really care anymore. axl and slash have become boring and uncreative.

Both of them were a big blow to Axl. However Slash didn't leave, He just didn't join the new Guns N' Roses that Axl set up. Also whatever Slash had to say after he didn't join and has been saying this whole time, was also hurtful because Axl does not agree with a lot of the things that Slash has said. I think Slash has finally sean that no matter what he has to say will upset Axl and won't change things. So there is no point talking about it anymore because there is nothing he can do to change what has happened to the band that he was a big part of. All he can do is move forward and make music with other people. Hopefully Axl will continue to do the same.

Tell me Marc, do you believe in your heart of hearts that they will reconcile down the road?

Stephanie. Just listen to Better, Street of Dreams and There Was A Time. And Prostitute, too.

And This I Love.

Interesting thread. You should have put Steph leaving him up there. Anyway, I voted Slash.

Yup. Steph dwarfs Erin IMHO. Also- I think a case could be made that Robin's two departures hurt Axl just as much as Slash- even if the public (understandably so) is focused on the whole Axl-Slash thing...

I disagree about Robin. It didn't bother Axl nearly as much as Slash because to this day, how many times has Axl been on stage with Slash?? How many times has Robin?? Just what I'm thinking..

This. Just makes me wonder what it would take to ever get those two to even have a conversation again.. in all fairness though, has Slash ever apologized publicly for the shit he's said?? I wonder what would happen if he did...?

Edited by AxlRose14