GNR Songs You Love That You Discovered On Your Own

ChristmasFnatic

I discovered Nightrain by accident. Many years ago I downloaded 'Chinese Democracy' and there was an mp3 called Journey. It turned out to be the Live Era take of Nightrain which was how I discovered said song.

I am 31, younger than some but geez. I can't imagine hearing anything from the old band for the first time via download. The first time I can recall hearing nightrain was around 1995, when I bought appetite on cd for the first time. And I feel like I was late to the party. But I'm not judging, better late than never.

It just goes to show, the amount of posts you have doesn't mean shit.

Edited by Mike420

COMA!!!!

That song touched me way deep inside like no other song before or after by any band.

It felt as though that song was written for me and was/is from a lyrical stand point a pretty accurate description of what I was and still going through.

It's a very dark song that deal with the fight to live or die, battling demons, dealing with you thoughts and emotions when you CAN NOT control them, people trying to pull you this or that way and you don't want them to and trying to figure out what can give you an inter piece when you don't see any hope in it happening.

Probably Don't Damn Me and Breakdown. There were a lot of songs that I found just from listening to the albums but those are the two that I didn't listen to, or didn't stick with me initially, and I never heard anyone talk about...I got the Illusion albums in 1995, and came across those in 1998, so they were almost new songs for me and gave the albums new life.

I discovered Nightrain by accident. Many years ago I downloaded 'Chinese Democracy' and there was an mp3 called Journey. It turned out to be the Live Era take of Nightrain which was how I discovered said song.

I am 31, younger than some but geez. I can't imagine hearing anything from the old band for the first time via download. The first time I can recall hearing nightrain was around 1995, when I bought appetite on cd for the first time. And I feel like I was late to the party. But I'm not judging, better late than never.

It just goes to show, the amount of posts you have doesn't mean shit.

Lol.....I heard Nighttrain in 88. My buddy Ian McGee copied AFD on tape. He just got back from seeing GnR open for The Crüe ....in Atl. The show Axl got arrested.