Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Does anybody else (other than MSL) think Tracii Guns should sue Axl for half the GNR name?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Patience 4 Axl

Patience 4 Axl

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,845 posts
  • 25-August 04

Why didn't Axl blackmail Traci, Rob and Ole for the name? Didn't he consider them Guns N' Roses too?

Who did he blackmail?

I just asked why he didn't do it. :shrugs: Maybe he asked nicely. The way Traci tells it though, Axl just went ahead and used it as if it was his own, like he didn't consider those other guys to be GNR. Weird, because they were. No lawyers, no contracts, no lawsuits. None of that mess like what he went through with those replacements.
Posted Image

"I left Guns out of love. Out of love of music and being on stage."- SLASH

Whateva! I'm not some pretenderrr, I'm a native New Yorkerrr!

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,276 posts
  • 13-February 06

Why didn't Axl blackmail Traci, Rob and Ole for the name? Didn't he consider them Guns N' Roses too?

Who did he blackmail?

I just asked why he didn't do it. :shrugs: Maybe he asked nicely. The way Traci tells it though, Axl just went ahead and used it as if it was his own, like he didn't consider those other guys to be GNR. Weird, because they were. No lawyers, no contracts, no lawsuits. None of that mess like what he went through with those replacements.

Why do you think that is? Maybe the originals just didn't care. Or maybe Axl did ask them. I don't know myself.
:shrugs:

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,417 posts
  • 12-December 08
Steve Riley's take on why Tracii was kicked out of GNR.

http://www.rockeyez....teve-riley.html

When we were in LA GUNS in the mid-80’s and this whole scene was going on out here, we always wondered. Me, Mick, Kelly & Phil always wondered why the guys in GUNS N ROSES wouldn’t give Tracii the fucking time of day. They wouldn’t even say hi to him! I’d been in rooms where GNR was there with Slash and the guys - they wouldn’t even look at Tracii! I always wondered, “What the fuck? How could it be that bad?” Now I know. He’s burnt bridges so bad that people in a band that supposedly has his name in it-

If you go back to this fucking behind the scenes thing or whatever they had on VH1 for GUNS N ROSES - Me & Phil were on tour, we were waiting ‘cause we had heard Tracii did a four hour interview over at CBGB’s. And we were waiting that year for it to come out, and we saw it on the bus & were watching it. The first 15 minutes were gonna have to contain Trace , ‘cause it’s the beginning - Nothing! Zero! They didn’t even mention this guy’s name, and I found out why. When Duff and Slash & those guys saw Tracii’s piece, they said, “We don’t need this fucking guy! He has nothing to do with fucking GUNS N ROSES!” So now here’s the supposed “GUNS” from GUNS N ROSES that’s not even mentioned in their fucking history, bio or nothing! He’s not even mentioned – he’s nothing. Unless somebody – a journalist- says that it started back then. But as far as the band’s concerned, he has nothing to do with their history at all, and I always wondered “What the fuck?“

It’s because this guy is so bad to people after he plays with him, or even while he’s playing with them that you just want to wash your hands and say “Fuck it – Yeah, the guy’s a good guitar player, but fuck this maintenance problem. We don’t even want to deal with it!” And that’s where it is right now. It’s a horrible, horrible scene between us and Tracii right now that probably will never, ever be fixed, because he’s such an asshole to people.

Edited by dalsh327, 25 September 2012 - 07:25 PM.

ironmt

ironmt

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • 04-June 05

Does anybody else (other than MSL) think Tracii Guns should sue Axl for half the GNR name? It's really Only N'Rose without Tracii Guns.

Pretty lame troll thread. Not sure why the mods allow such obvious troll bait. Also not sure why you have nothing better to do with your life than to make disingenuous threads on an unofficial Guns N' Roses fan site.

If Tracii had any outstanding claim to ownership, don't you think it would have been pursued by now?

Thanks for another waste of time thread.

You make bullshit waste of time threads all the time, you know the ones where you are placing bets, claiming to be the undisputed king of the forum and letting everyone know how many times per night you have sex and now you want to give another member shit. The truth of the matter Is, Its amazing that you are still here and actually surprising that the mods haven't thrown your sorry ass out yet.
Damn_Smooth ( At the moment, I would say I am a bigger fan of MSL. He has provided me with much more entertainment over the last year than Guns has). Msl was also entertained when he used your chin as a place to rest his ball sack.

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • 12-April 05
Please show me where I've created a thread in a GNR section to discuss any of those things.

I'll give you $50,000 if you can.

Thanks.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,044 posts
  • 22-October 11

If Tracii could have sued Axl over the name, he would have done it years ago.

Agreed. Tracii is fine with his own band

Unless we start boycotting them nothing will ever change.

Stop seeing GnR concerts. Stop buying shit from them.

2 things will happen:
- They will actually step up and release new music.
- Or they will quit.

And quite frankly, both options are better than this.

we were the left overs... the "hardcore" fans

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,044 posts
  • 22-October 11

Blah,blah,blah.

He can't even control how many versions of LA Guns exist simutaneously.

ohyeah, but when some posters doesn't called the Tracci, Ole "era" original GNR, you and lolcano going to a huge rage :bitchfight:

2 things will happen:
- Or they will quit.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

OH MY GOD

• Returned
  • 4,044 posts
  • 22-October 11

Please show me where I've created a thread in a GNR section to discuss any of those things.

I'll give you $50,000 if you can.

Thanks.

Ok. Not a thread, just this lame post

Gimme the 50's, clown

2 things will happen:
- Or they will quit.

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,387 posts
  • 12-April 05
The latest in a long line of examples of members throwing out baseless accusations and then vanishing when confronted. The cowardice of most internet users is extraordinary.

ironmt

ironmt

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • 04-June 05

The latest in a long line of examples of members throwing out baseless accusations and then vanishing when confronted. The cowardice of most internet users is extraordinary.

The only coward Is you, bitch. Are you seriously going to deny the fact that you make posts on a regular basis like the ones described above.
Damn_Smooth ( At the moment, I would say I am a bigger fan of MSL. He has provided me with much more entertainment over the last year than Guns has). Msl was also entertained when he used your chin as a place to rest his ball sack.

MSL

MSL

GNR fan since 1988.

• Banned
  • 4,387 posts
  • 12-April 05
you said create threads, not make posts. i asked for examples. you refused. i answered your baseless accusations. try again.

hellobeatle

hellobeatle

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • 24-February 06

Does anybody else (other than MSL) think Tracii Guns should sue Axl for half the GNR name? It's really Only N'Rose without Tracii Guns.

There is this thing called the Statute Of Limitations. Look it up.

/thread

Edited by hellobeatle, 27 September 2012 - 02:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users