AXL ROSE TO ARTIST: Stop Defaming me to sell your Fake Art

Guest charlie555

Guest charlie555

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/axl-rose-cease-and-desist-letter-photograph-art-exhibit/:

Axl Rose recently fired off a cease and desist letter -- claiming an L.A. photographer is spreading lies about him in a vulgar attempt to capitalize on his fame ... all so she can sell her photographs.

Here's what happened, Laura London -- an L.A. based photographer -- has an exhibit Downtown called "Once upon a time ... Axl Rose was my neighbor."

Laura claims her main piece -- a photograph of a garage door with "Sweet Child O'Die you R 1 of many nothing special " spray-painted on it -- is a picture of Axl's garage from years ago.

According to the cease and desist letter, Laura advertised the piece claiming Axl himself spray-painted the garage during a fight with his then wife, Erin Everly.

But the Guns N' Roses frontman claims that statement and the photograph are "outrageous, false, fabricated and highly defamatory."

The letter, drafted by Axl's attorney, states ... "Mr. Rose never spray-painted anything. Your salacious and inflammatory statements are plainly designed to garner attention and line your pockets with money."

Axl is demanding an apology, and wants the art show cancelled.

FYI -- Since the letter was sent, the description of the photo was removed from a website for the show, but the photo is still there ... and the exhibit is still scheduled for Sept. 29

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/axl-rose-cease-and-desist-letter-photograph-art-exhibit/#ixzz27ejHRV2f

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic. Maybe he should focus more on writing new stuff and actually backing up his claims he cares so much for his new band members, rather than this shit, noone will go to her stupid fucking art show anyway, and to make money of him, really has he not realized most of the usa thinks fuck all about him these days, jeez that man is so deluded.

Edited by bionic56

I thought it was a fact that Axl spray painted that garage?

Can't you get in trouble for lying in court documents?

axl rose feels content with chinese democracy being available for physical purchase and online download

axl feels no pressure or obligation to put out a new record. so axl chooses to file fresh lawsuits like this with his time

Guest Len B'stard

Nah, the Ax man is right in this case. She really was using Axl as a selling point.

Then again, so do journalists. They make money from other peoples efforts.

Or they put effort into writing about other people? Sort of like Axl does when he puts pen to paper and comes up with Catcher in the Rye or any song thats about anybody but himself.

Nah, the Ax man is right in this case. She really was using Axl as a selling point.

Then again, so do journalists. They make money from other peoples efforts.

Or they put effort into writing about other people? Sort of like Axl does when he puts pen to paper and comes up with Catcher in the Rye or any song thats about anybody but himself.

It's like those unofficial DVD's of the band. Somewhere it will say "unauthorised".. So there is no input by the band. In this case it's an art exhibition, where her main selling point is Axl Rose, so people will assume it's officially tied in with Axl.

Also, why are people assuming Axl needs to be busy writing new material? I get the frustration before Chinese, as it was an album they were working on. However Axl has never said he is working on a new album...?? Why should he work on a new album, if he can sell out tours, especially in south america, Europe and Asia. In many ways, the average non-forum, non hardcore fan won't go to his shows, BECAUSE of more new material.

For instance, I've seen the Killers 8 times, however the last album was shit I thought, and is there new album, which is why Im not going to there tour this time around. It's the same with all bands. Appetite and Illusions are hard albums to beat, and with no MTV support, they will struggle to pull songs of that calibre to get people to the shows.

Edited by Axl_morris

Wow, that picture has been around a long time. I can understand not wanting to deal with the mountain range of people who use him to gain fame for themselves but what do you do? Deny it and they still get notoriety and so does their claim. Leave it alone and years later, everybody thinks it is fact. No win here.

I had forgot this topic until Axl remember :sleeper:

I thing Axl waste much time with little things.

Finally a member with some brains. That's all Axl seems to do these days waste time on stupid petty things

marc canter's been explaining to us in the 'canter banter' section how beta and her family keep axl sequestered and clueless about most things in an attempt to insulate him from any little thing that might set him off. so when something like this comes up, and fans bitch that axl should care about more important things, then maybe we should really be bitching about beta for letting/making axl care about stupid petty things. of all the shit she could have decided to make him aware of, it's a shame this had to be it. but at least it's better than her continuing to go on about how slash is still the walking incarnation of evil itself, sent to destroy axl in this earthly realm.

of course, the other possibility is that axl has turned guns n' roses into some sort of an employment agency for lawyers. the new band's always seemed more interested in lawsuits than music anyways.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness