Bumblefoot blacklists MyGnrForum and other fan forums

chokes

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to give my opinion on this whole mess....

1. Why are people hating bumble for this? He comes on for the fans, answers questions for the fans, and tells of idiots and suddenly people hate him for that? Axl came on and told off people but yet people still support him. Just because Bumble can't answer some questions doesn't mean he's a jerk either. He was very nice when he answered most of the questions and even apologized at one point for coming across so mean some times. He does a nice thing and he gets hate for doing it? All the people who hate the new members just because they aren't slash, izzy, duff, or whoever else need to get a fucking life. The past is gone and if you don't like the way GnR is going, then don't talk to Bumblefoot. Simple. Even if you act mean to him and call him a jerk or what ever, it's not going to bring Slash back.

2. Why the hell would you blame the mods for this? They didn't know about it happening. No one on this forum did. Im sure the mods have jobs, wives, and families too. They have better things to do then act like a kindergarten teacher to a bunch of whiny 4 year olds who think they can control the world. In my opinion subs, hv, zint, powerrage, bs, and all the other mods are doing a good job running this forum considering it isn't a full time jobs and they have to balance this and their personal life.

Thank you mods for what you do, and thank you Bumble for taking time to do the chats. I appreciate it, and I'm sure there are many others who did too. :thumbsup:

I don't blame the mods at all l and I like the fact they don't heavily sensor this forum.......I also don't hate Bumble but I think he is being a pussy in this case trying to make the fan out as the bad guy and then trying to do damage control by trying to pin his poor choice of words on some anonymous fan he never should have said the shit he did to. in the first place..By refusing to post here now and blaming it on the fan he is deflecting for his fuckup....man up Bumble....

I love it when people bitch about this forum yet post here, get news here, etc. Shut the fuck up. The mods don't have an easy job by any means. Yes, some things fall through the cracks or decisions are made that not everyone is going to agree with, but they do their best. I don't think the majority of them are trying to be douches. If this board is so shitty, go post somewhere else. If only all the world's problems were solved so easily.

As far as the returned members thing, I think it's annoying to keep holding that over their heads. Yes, there are those who are more vocal than others and are rude, but you know what - the band members are public figures not everyone is going to agree with everything they do. It's pretty sad to use a few people as an excuse not to visit fan forums. Boo hoo.

Secondly I'd like to dedicate a gigantic FUCK YOU to Subs, HV and all other moderators who allowed the continuous trolling to get to this point and even start affecting other fan forums outside gunsnroses.com.

That's in poor taste, really.

Unfortunately, most of the moderators (including myself) weren't online when this happened. I was able to login for about ten minutes last night between work, and in that time deleted a cupcake account and his posts, so it's not like we were all deliberately ignoring the cupcakes. Honestly, a lot of us just weren't around. We had no "heads up" of BBF's appearance, so it's not fair to just blindly attack the whole moderating team. We're people just like you guys and have our own lives, and we spend a lot of our spare time here helping out but ultimately we can't all be logged on 24/7. :shrugs: It's a hobby, not a paid job, and given the relative 'quiet' nature of the forum/GN'R activity recently, you can't blame us for being unprepared for something like that.

I am sad that Ron had a negative experience here, because he's a good guy and didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I hope some time in the future he reconsiders coming back here - even if he let us know ahead of time so we could make sure we have a higher moderator presence active.

EDIT: Black Sabbath was spot on with his post. As usual, it was a vocal minority who ruined it for everyone else, and unfortunately most of these people are returned members that we were considerate enough to allow a 'fresh start' here in the first place. I'm not sure I speak just for myself when I say we're beginning to reach the end of our efforts to be fair and tolerant towards some of these people - it seems giving them a whole section of the forum to spout off still isn't enough for them. It's really sad.

FYI HV was here during the whole thing (not at all do I agree FU to mods, etc. but they were there as well)

Yes, HV and I were in the chat, and I explained everything that happened. You were there, so you know that we weren't just letting Bumble get the shit verbally beat out of him by people in the chat. He stood his own ground with two different members, one of which that they made up (or at least I thought they did?).

When he came back and was just posting in the thread, I personally didn't see anything "threatening" at the time really.

In all honesty, I'm shocked Bumble decided to make this kind of stand. From what I could tell, he was getting annoyed with a few members, but like I said, he was standing his own ground and it didn't seem like he would have ever decided to make the stand to not come back here.

Secondly I'd like to dedicate a gigantic FUCK YOU to Subs, HV and all other moderators who allowed the continuous trolling to get to this point and even start affecting other fan forums outside gunsnroses.com.

Unfortunately, most of the moderators (including myself) weren't online when this happened. I was able to login for about ten minutes last night between work, and in that time deleted a cupcake account and his posts, so it's not like we were all deliberately ignoring the cupcakes. Honestly, a lot of us just weren't around. We had no "heads up" of BBF's appearance, so it's not fair to just blindly attack the whole moderating team. We're people just like you guys and have our own lives, and we spend a lot of our spare time here helping out but ultimately we can't all be logged on 24/7. :shrugs: It's a hobby, not a paid job, and given the relative 'quiet' nature of the forum/GN'R activity recently, you can't blame us for being unprepared for something like that.

I am sad that Ron had a negative experience here, because he's a good guy and didn't deserve that kind of treatment. I hope some time in the future he reconsiders coming back here - even if he let us know ahead of time so we could make sure we have a higher moderator presence active.

EDIT: Black Sabbath was spot on with his post. As usual, it was a vocal minority who ruined it for everyone else, and unfortunately most of these people are returned members that we were considerate enough to allow a 'fresh start' here in the first place. I'm not sure I speak just for myself when I say we're beginning to reach the end of our efforts to be fair and tolerant towards some of these people - it seems giving them a whole section of the forum to spout off still isn't enough for them. It's really sad.

FYI HV was here during the whole thing (not at all do I agree FU to mods, etc. but they were there as well)

Yes, HV and I were in the chat, and I explained everything that happened. You were there, so you know that we weren't just letting Bumble get the shit verbally beat out of him by people in the chat. He stood his own ground with two different members, one of which that they made up (or at least I thought they did?).

When he came back and was just posting in the thread, I personally didn't see anything "threatening" at the time really.

In all honesty, I'm shocked Bumble decided to make this kind of stand. From what I could tell, he was getting annoyed with a few members, but like I said, he was standing his own ground and it didn't seem like he would have ever decided to make the stand to not come back here.

I agree with that, but now it has happened. Last night seemed all in good fun for the mods but now look. This all stems from allowing the act of posting a private message. There has to be rules in place IMO

its a circle jerk though really, if user did not post it BBF would not have come, he would not have been called out by a handfull of assclowns and we would not be having this conversation :)

It fucking sucks though as I was trying to get Ron in the chat to begin with. At the time I had no idea my kick controls were gone

Edited by gunsguy

Could not agree more, as usual it's getting blown out of context, he more than held his own with the crap, the mods are not at fault at all, i commend them on letting it roll, free speach is not often allowed in this day and age so good on the mods, Bumble is a big boy

It's tough when you have the whole News and Discussion section dedicated to a band that does not write, record and release music; yet you outlaw discussion of the members who wrote the music that Bumblefoot and the rest of them play on these tours.

Edited by Randy Lahey

1. Why are people hating bumble for this? He comes on for the fans, answers questions for the fans, and tells of idiots and suddenly people hate him for that? Axl came on and told off people but yet people still support him. Just because Bumble can't answer some questions doesn't mean he's a jerk either. He was very nice when he answered most of the questions and even apologized at one point for coming across so mean some times. He does a nice thing and he gets hate for doing it? All the people who hate the new members just because they aren't slash, izzy, duff, or whoever else need to get a fucking life. The past is gone and if you don't like the way GnR is going, then don't talk to Bumblefoot. Simple. Even if you act mean to him and call him a jerk or what ever, it's not going to bring Slash back.

2. Why the hell would you blame the mods for this? They didn't know about it happening. No one on this forum did. Im sure the mods have jobs, wives, and families too. They have better things to do then act like a kindergarten teacher to a bunch of whiny 4 year olds who think they can control the world. In my opinion subs, hv, zint, powerrage, bs, and all the other mods are doing a good job running this forum considering it isn't a full time jobs and they have to balance this and their personal life.

Thank you mods for what you do, and thank you Bumble for taking time to do the chats. I appreciate it, and I'm sure there are many others who did too. :thumbsup:

I don't blame the mods at all l and I like the fact they don't heavily sensor this forum.......I also don't hate Bumble but I think he is being a pussy in this case trying to make the fan out as the bad guy and then trying to do damage control by trying to pin his poor choice of words on some anonymous fan he never should have said the shit he did to. in the first place..By refusing to post here now and blaming it on the fan he is deflecting for his fuckup....man up Bumble....

Don't agree at all. The fact is this was a one-to-one conversation that was posted in such a way as to garner attention at Bumblefoot's expense. That was a "hey, look at me" post if I ever saw one. And if this was not their first dialogue, there's a greater context that we're not aware of and was not given at the time the conversation was posted as a screenshot. Also, he never said he was not posting here because of that guy, or that guy alone. There was a lot of hostility and abrasiveness, to put it politely, in the chatroom last night towards BBF.

Ali

It's tough when you have the whole News and Discussion section dedicated to a band that does not write, record and release music; yet you outlaw discussion of the members who wrote the music that Bumblefoot and the rest of them play on these tours.

You're just mad you don't get as much attention in the classic GnR section.

Don't agree at all. The fact is this was a one-to-one conversation that was posted in such a way as to garner attention at Bumblefoot's expense. That was a "hey, look at me" post if I ever saw one. And if this was not their first dialogue, there's a greater context that we're not aware of and was not given at the time the conversation was posted as a screenshot. Also, he never said he was not posting here because of that guy, or that guy alone. There was a lot of hostility and abrasiveness, to put it politely, in the chatroom last night towards BBF.

Ali

You miss the big picture mate, if Bumble did not want his comments posted on the internet he never should have said them to some faceless fan. And unless the fan edited the PM's they are what they are and Bumble had the opportunity to clarify what he said here.

And I was not in the chat room but what do you consider hostile ? you would have to give me examples to comment on your claim.

I happen to like Bumble but he needs to man up in this case and stop being a pussy IMHO...

probably already mentioned but it's not like ron used to come here often to chat with fans. the only reason he posted here yesterday was to control the damage of the picture posted. if he won't post here anymore, not a big loss. he's very twitter and facebook friendly anyway. also, the answers that really matter only axl can give. i don't think bobbo's questions were THAT bad. thing i noticed, ron gave more attention to the cupcakes than to real fans. in some way, it's his fault, he could ignore them but gave more attention to the trolling instead.

i can't see ron staying much longer in the band, so it's not such a huge loss or something. move on, people.

You're just mad you don't get as much attention in the classic GnR section.

I think the fans have given these guys enough of a chance. How long can we pretend this lineup is an actual band when they don't wirite, record and release music? In my opinion, these guys are here to cover the classic band's material and the Buckethead lineup's material. Axl might let Ron, DJ and Frank add some parts to CD II, but I'd be shocked if he ever releases a new album with these guys.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I hope it isn't true. I personally thought that was pretty fucking cool. I am in a few different fan forums, in a variety of topics, and that was the first time I have seen someone cool talk to you. I missed the Axl chats back in the day. Got all the info second hand though newgnr. Those guys always came here, and always get run off. That shit is fucked up people!!!!

Honestly, Bumblefoot just comes off as an attention seeking bitch sometimes.

That's exactly what he is. Honestly, who gives a shit if he comes here? You should be pissed that GNR's 23rd guitar player thought so little of you and your intellect that he expected you to buy his "I was just kidding about what I said" line of shit that he attempted to sling. He said how he felt and tried covering his ass when he realized that his feelings were splattered all over the message boards. Oh, and how much do you want to bet that GunsGuy is the one that brought that thread to his attention? Anyone?

This isn't the first time that BBF threw a tantrum and tried to back track on what was said. I don't doubt that he dislikes being a no-say employee in a GNR tribute band, but I'm sure the alternative of playing local, dive bars sounds even less appealing.

Have you ever noticed when he is called out on shit, he either flips out and starts name-calling or he tries playing it cool, as if you are beneath him? The funny thing is, he never addresses the actual allegations at hand. And why is that? Because he knows the truth aint't pretty?

Anyway ... adios, Ron. I guess we'll have to settle for having rock icons, like Slash, granting this forum open interviews while your busy letting the official forum know that you "choose" to not talk GNR business, but are willing to bore people to death about what movies you're watching.

It just sucks and there is no clear answer to any of this, either way he was pissed and what can be done about it now?

Are you starting to feel bad about about pointing that thread out to him?

Edited by bringbackadler