Best Thing That Slash Has Done Since 1996

IndiannaRose

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been under the impression for awhile that the best fucking thing Slash did since GNR was Ain't Life Grand. A masterpiece album, and I'm not joking when I say that. I truly think its his best work. The first Snakepit album is good, but only has its moments. Not as consistent IMO. Getting Been There Lately from Aint Life Grand in New York last week was honestly a moment where I could die and be satisfied. My favorite song and I never thought I'd ever hear it.

Contraband is a great album too. That would probably be my pick for second best thing he's done since. Libertad is good too but again, not as consistent and kind of a change of band sound.

His two solo albums are monstrous too. Boy I love this guy. Consistently putting out amazing material and surprising me every fucking time. Here is how I would rank them:

1. Ain't Life Grand (I hate that more people don't know about this album)

2. Contraband

3. Apocalyptic Love

4. Slash debut solo album

5. Libertad

6. Its 5 O Clock Somewhere

Those are the post GNR Slash projects I know of. Everything else I'm not aware of at the moment is just a treat.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

I posted Anastasia but there really are just a ton of amazing things the guy has done post Guns. Beggars, Lower, Back to the Moment, Aint Life Grand, Serial Killer, Street Child, Slither, Fall to Pieces, You Got No RIght, Messages, Last Fight, Starlight, Not for Me, Far and Away, Halo

There are more too :thumbsup:

Such a refreshing thread compared to WWIII/ 9-11 in discussion and news.