Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Looks like Matt's having a big ol' argument on Twitter... defending Axl?!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Jeez

Jeez

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • 29-March 12

Not really following twitter, what did Green Day apologize for? What was this rant?

During their show in Vegas, they were told they only had 1 minute left (although they were supposed to have 20 minutes left).

This is the full rant:

"Fuck this shit. Give me a fucking break. One minute fucking left. You gonna give me one fucking minute? Look at that fucking sign! One minute?! Let me fucking tell you something, I've been around since fucking 19 fucking 88. And you're gonna give me one fucking minute? You gotta be fucking kidding me! Fucking kidding me! What the fuck! I'm not fucking Justin Bieber you motherfuckers! You gotta be fucking joking! This is a fucking joke! I got 1 minute left, oh now I got nothing left. Let me show you what one fucking minute fucking means! *breaks guitar* One minute! God fucking love you all! We'll be back! *throws mic* "

Pretty hilarious!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=g9zogQOmQVM

Edited by Jeez, 28 September 2012 - 08:27 AM.

GN'R - 2010 Oslo / 2012 London

Slash with friends - 2009 Quart Festival / Slash 2013 Oslo

cuneo77

cuneo77

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • 05-October 02
just cuz other accomplished musicians disagree with axl or gnr, doesnt mean they "suck"....... metallica,acdc,kiss, green day do NOT suck(these are bandss i heard ppl saying they suck cuz they said something about axl). hate the person if you want tbut dont dismiss what theyve done.

that being said i didnt like the induction speech,he came off sarcastic to me. but i still like green days music

GNR ppl i have met: axl,slash,adler,del,zig zag, fortus, frank, dj ashba, dizzy,bumblefoot,beta,fernando

Jeez

Jeez

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • 29-March 12

just cuz other accomplished musicians disagree with axl or gnr, doesnt mean they "suck"....... metallica,acdc,kiss, green day do NOT suck(these are bandss i heard ppl saying they suck cuz they said something about axl). hate the person if you want tbut dont dismiss what theyve done.

that being said i didnt like the induction speech,he came off sarcastic to me. but i still like green days music

It's all about taste.. I personally think Green Day suck. Never liked their music. To me, it sound like a high school band..

GN'R - 2010 Oslo / 2012 London

Slash with friends - 2009 Quart Festival / Slash 2013 Oslo

Snowmass

Snowmass

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • 22-October 08
Bill Armstrong promptly checked into rehab the next day too. LOL True story.
Sail away sweet sister...sail across the sea...maybe you'll find someone who'll love you half as much as me...

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

Bill Armstrong promptly checked into rehab the next day too. LOL True story.

Yeah that was weird...saving face maybe?

Blame it on the drugs lol

Fuck them... Sorum is right

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 14,645 posts
  • 14-August 07
That's pretty rough imo given that Green Day inducted GN'R only a couple months back. I hate Green Day butt that ain't cool.

Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why They just tell you that you're on your own Fill your head all full of lies

You bastards!

ratrace

ratrace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • 06-March 05
Matt Sorum has a receding hairline

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09

That's pretty rough imo given that Green Day inducted GN'R only a couple months back. I hate Green Day butt that ain't cool.

He's probably disapointed that the band that inducted GNR are corporate rock pussies.

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• Supporters
  • 6,166 posts
  • 04-January 09
So can we change the thread title now... or?

If you're not Fortus, you're against us.

RichardNixon

RichardNixon

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • 06-April 05

He's probably disapointed that the band that inducted GNR are corporate rock pussies.

How are Green Day any more corporate than GN'R? On another, but related note, I never got how people called GN'R "corporate" compared to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. You are on a major label, you make videos, you endorse a certain brand, etc., you are "corporate."

I also think it's uncool for Sorum to trash Green Day, given all of nice comments they had for GN'R and Matt.

At least Green Day are releasing new music with not one, not two, but three new albums.

Edited by RichardNixon, 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM.

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • 13-March 06

How are Green Day any more corporate than GN'R? On another, but related note, I never got how people called GN'R "corporate" compared to Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. You are on a major label, you make videos, you endorse a certain brand, etc., you are "corporate."

I also think it's uncool for Sorum to trash Green Day, given all of nice comments they had for GN'R and Matt.

At least Green Day are releasing new music with not one, not two, but three new albums.

This. Really all Green Day did to him was sing his praises at the HOF and when Velvet Revolver came out, he sang their praises too. When American Idiot came out he'd be constantly asked about the state of rock music and Billy Joe always mentioned VR. It's pretty rude and ungracious.

As far Green Day's music goes, they're okay. I actually liked american idiot outside of the singles. They're an influential pop punk band that sort of burned their punk bridges long ago. Plenty of bands are influenced by them but won't admit it.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

supersillyspacemonkey

supersillyspacemonkey

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts
  • 31-May 05

Green Day are great. They stuck together as a 'band' too. They deserve credit for that. Green Day are also far more productive than Axl.

You get credit for sticking together these days? And the 'more productive' argument isn't valid imho, Rihanna is more productive than both Green Day and Axl. Why don't you go listen to her?

This
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• Supporters
  • 14,645 posts
  • 14-August 07

This. Really all Green Day did to him was sing his praises at the HOF and when Velvet Revolver came out, he sang their praises too. When American Idiot came out he'd be constantly asked about the state of rock music and Billy Joe always mentioned VR. It's pretty rude and ungracious.

As far Green Day's music goes, they're okay. I actually liked american idiot outside of the singles. They're an influential pop punk band that sort of burned their punk bridges long ago. Plenty of bands are influenced by them but won't admit it.

100% man. What he did and said showed a complete lack of class and maturity, especially taking into account he tweeted this shit and obviously went out of his way to say it.

Nobody will ever let you know when you ask the reasons why They just tell you that you're on your own Fill your head all full of lies

You bastards!

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • 16-May 12
greenday sucks major ass and to even mention Axl in greendays breath is a fucking crime to music since greenday is a big pile of shit

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 10,457 posts
  • 12-December 08
I got the impression Matt felt Green Day buckled to their record company and management, because it was a Clear Channel sponsored event. I don't think he was buying the rehab story, considering he's been in rehab and so has just about everyone he's worked with.

At the end of the day, Green Day are 3 guys that make music for a living, and they can't afford to burn bridges with higher powers in the entertainment industry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users