The Most Recent Album That You Bought

The Real McCoy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nirvana Unplugged.

Good choice. The DVD is better, of course.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is my favorite. Chilling the way he sings it.

What you said.

Seriously Red too long to get it (get the Alice in Chains one too. It's EVEN better.) I actually went and saw a band do acoustic Nirvana covers today and they nailed them.

Not exactly covers but I got legit singles on vinyl today of Yesterday and Got to Get a Message to You by the Bee Gees for 9 bucks each. I would've paid 50 to be honest, so it was a bargain IMO.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is the reason I bought it. Amazing controlled aggression in the vocals. Love it. I get impatient listening the whole album through for that song, although I can't criticise any of it. It's great, except for 'Pennyroyal Tea', that irritates the hell out of me.

JD, what do you mean 'too long to get it'?

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is the reason I bought it. Amazing controlled aggression in the vocals. Love it. I get impatient listening the whole album through for that song, although I can't criticise any of it. It's great, except for 'Pennyroyal Tea', that irritates the hell out of me.

One of my favorite Nirvana songs.

It's kinda a classic, hence I meant you probably should've got it a while back.

Pennyroyal Tea is a great song. Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam is by far the worst song on there.

Pennyroyal Tea is a great song. Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam is by far the worst song on there.

Hahaha! That's funny because I really love Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam.

And what's the deal with 'you probably should have got it a while back'? That's just dumb, we're talking music here, not platform shoes or pastel jeans. Music is something you discover because it's relevant to your life or you can relate to it in some way or other. There isn't a time limit on it and it's not a race or competition. You just listen to it and appreciate it. For the last 25 years I have listened to SO many different types of music. I started with Gunners back in 88 (you weren't even born then right?) and have pretty much come full circle in that time. Music is just what it means to you personally and nothing more. The really good stuff is what stands the test of time and is still listenable years and years after it was first released. I love the experience of discovering something new and finding out that it means something to me. It's a really personal experience and dates are irrelevant.

Hahaha! That's funny because I really love Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam.

And what's the deal with 'you probably should have got it a while back'? That's just dumb, we're talking music here, not platform shoes or pastel jeans. Music is something you discover because it's relevant to your life or you can relate to it in some way or other. There isn't a time limit on it and it's not a race or competition. You just listen to it and appreciate it. For the last 25 years I have listened to SO many different types of music. I started with Gunners back in 88 (you weren't even born then right?) and have pretty much come full circle in that time. Music is just what it means to you personally and nothing more. The really good stuff is what stands the test of time and is still listenable years and years after it was first released. I love the experience of discovering something new and finding out that it means something to me. It's a really personal experience and dates are irrelevant.

Ease up sunshine. Fuck. I just meant its like a classic. Don't need to be such a dickasaurus about it. Where's the fucking crying emoticon? :lol:

Anyway, like I said, AIC's kicks the shit out of the Nirvana one (not an easy task by any means)

Oh and Lake of Fire owns too.

The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle.

I've been getting into Bruce Springsteen a lot lately.

He had something like 15 songs recorded from those sessions, and he didn't put them all out on "Tracks".

"Thundercrack", "Zero and Blind Terry", "Santa Ana" and "The Fever" should've been on an expanded version. Back then he only had 20 minutes a side to work with, and not enough pull to get a double album out.

The Darkness Hot Cakes

This. I'm probably picking up the new Alice In Chains album on the 18th of January. And I'll probably get the Testament album that came out this year. I've been putting it off for so long but I've just heard so much positive about it that I need to get it at this point