Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Most Recent Album That You Bought

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11

Black Sabbath - Vol.4
Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier

Excellent selections!

Downloaded all of Ayreon's albums. Can't get into most of them so far. Really, really enjoy Electric Castle, though.

Have you heard their collaboration with Bruce Dickinson, "Into the Black Hole?"

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,781 posts
  • 21-September 05
No, I haven't. I'll have to check that out.

Oh, I see it's on Flight of the Migrator. The album didn't hold my attention long enough to get to that track.

Edited by luciusfunk, 16 December 2012 - 02:08 AM.

vvZ4ihN.png

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,781 posts
  • 21-September 05

Nirvana Unplugged.

Good choice. The DVD is better, of course.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is my favorite. Chilling the way he sings it.

vvZ4ihN.png

DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds

Forum Chaplain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 03-January 04
Posted Image

earthrise.jpg

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 17,302 posts
  • 14-August 07

Nirvana Unplugged.

Good choice. The DVD is better, of course.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is my favorite. Chilling the way he sings it.

What you said.

Seriously Red too long to get it (get the Alice in Chains one too. It's EVEN better.) I actually went and saw a band do acoustic Nirvana covers today and they nailed them.

Not exactly covers but I got legit singles on vinyl today of Yesterday and Got to Get a Message to You by the Bee Gees for 9 bucks each. I would've paid 50 to be honest, so it was a bargain IMO.

"Minaj sucks and sounds like a can of smashed assholes..." -  Black Sabbath

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,559 posts
  • 12-July 12
Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is the reason I bought it. Amazing controlled aggression in the vocals. Love it. I get impatient listening the whole album through for that song, although I can't criticise any of it. It's great, except for 'Pennyroyal Tea', that irritates the hell out of me.

JD, what do you mean 'too long to get it'?

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,781 posts
  • 21-September 05

Where Did You Sleep Last Night? is the reason I bought it. Amazing controlled aggression in the vocals. Love it. I get impatient listening the whole album through for that song, although I can't criticise any of it. It's great, except for 'Pennyroyal Tea', that irritates the hell out of me.

One of my favorite Nirvana songs.

vvZ4ihN.png

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 17,302 posts
  • 14-August 07

It's kinda a classic, hence I meant you probably should've got it a while back.

Pennyroyal Tea is a great song. Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam is by far the worst song on there.

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,559 posts
  • 12-July 12

Pennyroyal Tea is a great song. Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam is by far the worst song on there.

Hahaha! That's funny because I really love Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam.

And what's the deal with 'you probably should have got it a while back'? That's just dumb, we're talking music here, not platform shoes or pastel jeans. Music is something you discover because it's relevant to your life or you can relate to it in some way or other. There isn't a time limit on it and it's not a race or competition. You just listen to it and appreciate it. For the last 25 years I have listened to SO many different types of music. I started with Gunners back in 88 (you weren't even born then right?) and have pretty much come full circle in that time. Music is just what it means to you personally and nothing more. The really good stuff is what stands the test of time and is still listenable years and years after it was first released. I love the experience of discovering something new and finding out that it means something to me. It's a really personal experience and dates are irrelevant.

chevelle

chevelle

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • 26-June 05
Picked up the new Big Boi album today at my local record store after checking it out on Spotify last night. Good shit.

My 8-Bit Music. My Vinyl Collection.
Posted Image
November 5th, 2006 - Continental Airlines Arena

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 17,302 posts
  • 14-August 07

Hahaha! That's funny because I really love Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam.

And what's the deal with 'you probably should have got it a while back'? That's just dumb, we're talking music here, not platform shoes or pastel jeans. Music is something you discover because it's relevant to your life or you can relate to it in some way or other. There isn't a time limit on it and it's not a race or competition. You just listen to it and appreciate it. For the last 25 years I have listened to SO many different types of music. I started with Gunners back in 88 (you weren't even born then right?) and have pretty much come full circle in that time. Music is just what it means to you personally and nothing more. The really good stuff is what stands the test of time and is still listenable years and years after it was first released. I love the experience of discovering something new and finding out that it means something to me. It's a really personal experience and dates are irrelevant.

Ease up sunshine. Fuck. I just meant its like a classic. Don't need to be such a dickasaurus about it. Where's the fucking crying emoticon? :lol:

Anyway, like I said, AIC's kicks the shit out of the Nirvana one (not an easy task by any means)

Oh and Lake of Fire owns too.

Kill Devil Hill

Kill Devil Hill

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • 14-July 11
The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle.

I've been getting into Bruce Springsteen a lot lately.

In regards to Slash, I read a desperate fan's message about, what if one of us were to die and looking back I had the possibility of a reunion now, blah blah blah. And my thoughts are, "Yeah, and while you're at the show your baby accidentally kicks a candle and burns your house down, killing himself and the rest of your family."

bran

bran

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,267 posts
  • 09-March 08
i bought these 2 on amazon friday

Posted Image

and this one because of lenny, thank you it is a really good album
Posted Image

new_zpse4d304f1.jpg

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,559 posts
  • 12-July 12
Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Psychedellic Pill.

duff_rose

duff_rose

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • 04-July 06
Talk Talk - Spirit Of Eden on vinyl!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users