Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat around had a couple drinks and watched Axl, he was funny and in a good mood, so what he didn't talk about new music the impression i got is that he should do more interviews because there is clearly a demand for him and the band. Bumble was great with the ETA. What did you think?

I thought it was a really good interview. He came across as really genuine and easy-going to me, hopefully this changes a lot of people's perceptions about him. It was interesting that he said if he could do one year over (or whatever it was) he said within the last five years. Probably goes back to 08/09 when he said it was the worst year of his life.

I never expected any real music questions. It was kinda just a pipe dream. Late night talk shows rarely have any ground-breaking announcements or any of that shit.

Pretty cool though. Great reaction from the crowd. Just listen to that the next time people say no one cares about Axl, or the other members especially, anymore.

Did the crowd really get free tickets to a show?

Either way, cool stuff. Wish the fan questions wouldn't have been lackluster, but oh well. :)

Also, the Axl-is-late gag kind of ran its course pretty quickly.

Jimmy: Is vegas a good idea for you?

Axl: Yeah it will be a challenge in a different way.

Jimmy shows quote: "Punctuality is the thief of time".

Axl: Its an oscar wilde quote. (laughs)

Jimmy: What time will you guys really go on?

Axl: Probably what time we're supposed to as soon as i find out what that is.

Jimmy: If it says 9 on the ticket, then they think you'll show up late, they may not get there till well after 9.

Axl: We've been a lot better lately.

Jimmy: You should have an opening comedian you can torment by leaving him on stage for 90 minutes.

Axl: At the rose bar we had dice clay.

Jimmy: Who's in the band?

Axl: Bumblefoot, dj ashba, tommy stinson, frank ferrer, chris pitman, richard fortus, and dizzy reed.

Jimmy: Of those guys, who will be the first to go?

Axl: Probably Pitman. Neil Pitman i'm calling him after the neil young shows.

Jimmy: How was it?

Axl: It was great to meet him, it went really well. We did a song with him and he agreed to sing it with us. He's the real deal and he's so strong.

Jimmy: Who did you listen to growing up?

Axl: Queen and sweet, beatles and stones. I was raised on elvis.

Jimmy: I remember everyone being surprised that you listened to Elton John.

Axl: Elton john was my favourite or one of my favourites. Bernie Taupin's lyrics are still my favourite.

Jimmy: Well thanks for coming, when we set this up I was worried i'd be the only one talking.

Axl: I think we have some tickets under people's seats.

Axl: I wanted to bring everyone something, so i brought a Tommy's burger truck. Everyone can have something to eat.

Jimmy: Axl Rose is like santa clause everybody. Thanks so much for being here.