Axl Rose on Jimmy Kimmel talk show Discussion Thread

ppruks

Anyone in USA could tell us about repercussion?

It's only 11am here but I haven't heard anything either way. Twitter, fb and news feeds are pretty quiet.

Thank you.

I liked interview. Can you imagine if Jimmy broked the rules and asked sensitive issue? Probably another one we have to waiting plus 20 years!!!

Now i wish could see another with Ellen Degeneres show. i imagine she dress like a Axl from the past, from beging of his carrer. It would be so funny.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl did well. Came across as funny, charming and likeable. The halloween stories were great. Doing things like this can only help his public perception.

The people complaining about the softball questions haven't seen a late night talk show before, methinks. When someone wants to do a hard-hitting, in-depth interview, they don't go to the guy who used to host "The Man Show" or act as the comedic foil on Ben Stein's game show.

Same for the people going gaga about audience reaction. Axl coming out did get a sustained, genuine reaction. But the cheering for the band members was all the "applause" sign. You couldn't get a room full of DJ Ashba's family and closest friends to spontaneously cheer at the mention of his name ;)

My only (minor) quibble is that Axl's botox/plastic surgery seems a lot more evident in HD.

You read me wrong mate I never expected anything more from Kimmel then we got last night because as you pointed out that is the nature of late night talk shows...I just wish Axl would stop being such a pussy and do a real interview.......

And I am not sure I agree with you that the response for Axl was genuine as I have read the audience at these late night talk shows are coached on how to respond to the guests. Not that he would have been booed, as I think he would have received a warm response, but I doubt it would have been as rabid if the audience was not coached to go crazy...

Yeah I totally agree and not sure why people are nitpicking that aspect. It's talk show 101. They're told to applaud and they applaud, it's just the name of the game. Not that the audience wouldn't have applauded Axl anyways, but they wouldn't have cheered for each individual member they're barely aware of (why else would Kimmel have to ask who is currently in the band?) like they were teen heart throbs unless they were directed to do so. And that's the common thing in late night talk shows. Don't know why so many are battling against common sense, it's not an insult, it just is what it is.

I also agree that it would be great for Axl to do a ballsy interview with Stern or somebody in that vain. Also found it odd why Kimmel didn't even bother asking about the future of the actual music, BUT, Axl himself was great, and again, there's really nothing to poke criticism at on his end for once. This was all about exposure for the current tour, we all knew that from day one, and he did well promoting himself for a change. So good for him.

I don't think this is really gonna be the saving move of his reputation, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.

Edited by Bobbo

So Axl is a democrat

The way he hesitated...I'm not so sure. I think he said that because it's more "popular". Everybody likes Obama.

Eh, I'm not American, but from what I've read I know everybody doesn't like Obama so I'm not sure what's your point. Polls say like 40% would rather have Romney AFAIK

Edited by Bumble's Bridge Pickup

That was a nice interview. When interviewed, Axl always seems like a super nice guy. He's mellow and his normal, talking voice is warm and almost soothing. Cool that the audience got free burgers (and tickets).

So Axl is a democrat

The way he hesitated...I'm not so sure. I think he said that because it's more "popular". Everybody likes Obama.

Eh, I'm not American, but from what I've read I know everybody doesn't like Obama so I'm not sure what's your point. Polls say like 40% would rather have Romney AFAIK

In the show business, almost everybody likes Obama (if you are not called Clint Eastwood).

So Axl is a democrat

In the show business, almost everybody likes Obama (if you are not called Clint Eastwood).

Ah. Well, I think if Axl really wanted to be liked he'd demonstrate that by other means, like attending his own gigs on time etc.

Axl did a great job; it could not have gone much better.

As far as the Obama thing is concerned, I agree Axl hesitated a little in answering. Probably did not want to be harshly criticized like he has been for things in the past (ie OIAM). He has always struck me as more of a libertarian type of guy.

Not interesting at all. An old man trying to sell tickets for his Las Vegas residency... pathetic.

how hard is it for jimmy kimmel to ask axl rose this "axl rose, is the next chinese democracy album coming out in 2012?" and "are the songs robin finck, buckethead, and brain written n' recorded before dj ashba, bumblefoot, and frank ferrer joined guns n roses still on the next chinese democracy album as originally planned?" how hard is it for kimmel to ask axl this on TV Talk Show?

Because nobody in the audience gives a shit about the logistics of the next album, its just meant to be a light hearted conversation with funny stories and jokes. I would love for Axl to elaborate on that but it just would have been out of place on Kimmel