Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jimmy Page vs. Slash

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Jimmy Page vs. Slash (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the overall better guitarist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • 24-August 06
I have been wanting to do this for a while so here goes. This is not intended to be a trolling thread, just an open debate. I am not going to get upset if you disagree with me, and I hope you all can do the same.

For me it is a no brainer, Jimmy Page trumps Slash any day of the week. The only honest adavantage slash has is I think he is more technically profficiant. Which some put a lot of weight into that, but I think feeling is way more important. Even though Slash does have a great feel, not like Jimmy's. But that is it for slash. Page scores major points because he is the only guitar player in his band. I feel it shows Slash's and others limitations that they need to another guitarist to fill out the sound. And let's be honest, Slash's body of work doesn't add up. Page has written more famous riffs, more famous solos, and has influenced more guitarists, including Slash himself. I am not trying to knock Slash, I am just stating my opinion. Page just has WAAAY more blues in his soul than Slash does. And slash had Izzy to help write those riffs and songs, Page is the only guitarist in Zeppelin.
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

Rovim

Rovim

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts
  • 28-March 04
Page for me. I prefer Slash, but I don't think it's even close: Page wrote and produced so many classics, and is responsible for a lot of shit that influenced so many people.

He's also a better songwriter compared to Slash imo, and overall can do more when it comes to having the full vision of a song realized.

MyGn'R tits status: :facepalm:

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER Supporter
  • 15,697 posts
  • 10-May 08
Jimmy Page in every conceivable way. Anyone who says Slash is fuckin' braindead.

dQOAHSG.png

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts
  • 13-March 06
The only advantage Slash has to Page in my opinion is that I like Slash's solos better. But Page trumps Slash is just about every way as a guitarist.

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 7,621 posts
  • 29-February 08
Jimmy Page, because he has songwriting chops that trump not only most guitar players but most people in general. His riffs, compositions, solos, etc. were just on another plateau of music excellence

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • 24-August 06
WOW I am surprised by this so far. I completly agree with all of you, I just figured some would get their panties in a bunch about this.
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER Supporter
  • 15,697 posts
  • 10-May 08
Why is this in Attitude?

dQOAHSG.png

SONOFABITCH

SONOFABITCH

Now You're Messin' With A....

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • 11-April 05
Slash destroys him.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER Supporter
  • 15,697 posts
  • 10-May 08
Who voted for: Slash
FuddMckagan

Posted Image

dQOAHSG.png

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 15,378 posts
  • 17-February 06
I prefer Slash, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's a better musician/songwriter than Page. Page's playing is just a tad too sloppy for my tastes, but I appreciate him and respect him immensely.

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x4 | Norway x2 | Wales | N. Ireland | England x5 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia | Poland | Luxembourg | France

Chewbacca

Chewbacca

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,387 posts
  • 23-December 10
Page for me.

I'M HALF THE MAN I USED TO BE  25jhz46.gif THIS I FEEL AS THE DAWN IT FADES TO GRAY

FuddMckagan

FuddMckagan

Destroyer of Worlds

• SILVER Supporter
  • 4,966 posts
  • 15-December 08

Who voted for: Slash
FuddMckagan

Posted Image

Probably influenced by the fact that I think Led Zeppelin are one of the most overrated bands ever.

Page is good, but I just think Slash is better. Sorry.

maynard

maynard

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • 03-April 05
can i say buckethead?

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,062 posts
  • 12-December 08
Overall?? Page for the riffs.

Live? Slash.

"Page has more blues in his soul than Slash??"

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER Supporter
  • 3,718 posts
  • 15-December 08
Gnr and Led are my two favorites bands, it's hard to choose. Slash made memorable solo's, but overall it's Page for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users