Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Slash vs. Buckethead Vs. BBF

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Slash vs. Buckethead Vs. BBF (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the greater guitarist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • 24-August 06
Ok everybody, I know this is going to start a shit storm, but why not? Sometimes we need a good ole' argument. It's good for the soul :devilshades:

For me it's a no brainer, Slash has left a mark on the history of rock that Buckethead hasn't even sniffed. I do think Bucket is the more technically profficiant player, but Slash's work speaks for it's self. The riffs, the solos, and his "feel" trumps anything Buckethead has ever recorded.

I look foreward to your rebuttles.....

I added BBF to the discusion just to add another "fun" little element. :bitchfight:

Edited by Mike420, 03 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 8,860 posts
  • 13-February 06
Ron wins the thread.
:shrugs:

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,100 posts
  • 10-May 08
What's the criteria?

Best at playing guitar?
Best at writing hits?
Best fit for GNR?

Be more specific or I can't answer.

dQOAHSG.png

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • 24-August 06
All of the above, except the gnr part. This is not intended to be a "who is best for gnr" thread. It is meant who is the best guitarist period. Technically profficiant, greatest impact, best riffs, best solos, best music, and anything else you want to consider. Just pick one and defend your pick, not that hard guys.
I like the old band, I like the new band, I even liked that freaky 2001/02 band. Can't we all just get along??????

SONOFABITCH

SONOFABITCH

Now You're Messin' With A....

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • 11-April 05
Who is technically a better singer, Axl Rose or Pavoratti?

Mike420

Mike420

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • 24-August 06

Who is technically a better singer, Axl Rose or Pavoratti?

Technical ability is only one criteria. Pavoratti owns Axl on the opera stage, but Pavoratti would get booed off a rock stage. So which one is honestly better? It is all very subjective.

Crash Diet

Crash Diet

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,177 posts
  • 22-October 11
Overall: Slash
technically: Bucket a little (but today i saw some very good Bumble jams and solos on yt)

Best post ever: Damn_Smooth about DJ Ashba

Damn_Smooth, on 20 Aug 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

I'm butthurt that that jackass lives in a house like that. I don't have any talent either, why don't I have a mansion?

volcano62

volcano62

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 11,728 posts
  • 16-February 09
Bumble by a long shot

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,100 posts
  • 10-May 08
Technically it's Bumblefoot. The guy can do anything with the instrument. Sometimes it's just a bit too wanky though, and his punk style isn't always to my taste.

As far as combining exceptional technical ability with enjoyable melodic playing goes, it's Buckethead. He can play almost as well as Bumblefoot, but his music is much more enjoyable and versatile.

For creating enjoyable contemporary music and fitting best in GNR, it's Slash. The guy's riffs (and solos when he's trying) are up there with the best.

dQOAHSG.png

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,655 posts
  • 29-February 08
Slash for me, although I love all three

The Glow Inc.

The Glow Inc.

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,159 posts
  • 13-May 09
Voted Bumble because his approach to theory and to technique is what made me want to adopt a more serious approach to music in general and that was ten years ago...

Overall, though, I'd say bacardimayne's post sums it up.

Slash : iconic, best fit for GnR and wrote some very memorable solos

Buckethead : great shredder with a cool sense of melody ( which is to be appreciated )

Bumblefoot : insane technician with a taste for experimentation

414751eomgnr.jpg
         Check this out and Join the Tribe

MB.

MB.

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,795 posts
  • 15-December 08

Voted Bumble because his approach to theory and to technique is what made me want to adopt a more serious approach to music in general and that was ten years ago...

Overall, though, I'd say bacardimayne's post sums it up.

Slash : iconic, best fit for GnR and wrote some very memorable solos

Buckethead : great shredder with a cool sense of melody ( which is to be appreciated )

Bumblefoot : insane technician with a taste for experimentation

Well, this.......thank you.
Without thinking of technic, Slash is my personal preference.

maynard

maynard

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • 03-April 05
Buckethead is probably my fav guitar player. Slash is 50% of GNR so I love his playing and legacy. Who's BBF?

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,923 posts
  • 01-February 06
I'll go with Slash for the same reason I prefer him over Malmsteen, Batio, and Vai. Technical ability is only so important, Slash takes a simple chord progression and brings it to life while sending fucking chills down my spine, Buckethead and Bumblefoot are without a doubt great players but they don't have that same effect on me

Posted Image

ShadowOfTheWave

ShadowOfTheWave

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • 15-March 10
If it was Slash against Robin I might be able to go either way, but Slash is defininately better than the other two here. They are both better technically, and might be able to shred better or whatever the fuck, it has nothing to do with making good music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users