Slash vs. Buckethead Vs. BBF

Iron MikeyJ

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There were players around in the 1980s who could run circles around Bumblefoot – if - judged solely on technique. These players however were garbage: soulless unoriginal Van Halen clones with big perms! My point is, the quality of a guitar player includes songwriting excellence. When Bumblefoot writes, riffs as good as Sweet Child O' Mine, solos as good as November Rain, come back and then we can talk. If this is judged by 'Guns N' Roses', Bumblefoot's corner looks even weaker: his sole studio output is a bunch of hastily recorded overdubs on one album. Slash co-wrote and recorded Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Slash is light years ahead of the other two.

I'm willing to bet all of the bitter people will miss Ron. They all hated Bucket until he left. :shrugs:

I still hate him.

If you'd knew how pathetic that sounds you'd never say something that stupid and retarded again.

You must be one of those guys who thinks technical skills is all that matters. I have a few friends better than Hendrix, page and slash. Now what sounds more retarded? What I just said or what satanisk said? By your logic what I said is perfectly fine.

If you'd knew how pathetic that sounds you'd never say something that stupid and retarded again.

You must be one of those guys who thinks technical skills is all that matters. I have a few friends better than Hendrix, page and slash. Now what sounds more retarded? What I just said or what satanisk said? By your logic what I said is perfectly fine.

Comparing Bumblefoot to some friend of yours who can play Eruption is what sounds retarded.

Technically it's Bumblefoot. The guy can do anything with the instrument. Sometimes it's just a bit too wanky though, and his punk style isn't always to my taste.

As far as combining exceptional technical ability with enjoyable melodic playing goes, it's Buckethead. He can play almost as well as Bumblefoot, but his music is much more enjoyable and versatile.

For creating enjoyable contemporary music and fitting best in GNR, it's Slash. The guy's riffs (and solos when he's trying) are up there with the best.

Pretty much my opinion, although Bucket and Bumble fit in fine with GNR's sound imo.

I doubt your friends could come up with something like this...

Or this...

But that's not the point and nobody mentioned skills. You are so defensive and mentioned technical skills because this is your only argument, right? Seriously, not to sound arrogant or anything but when I get to hear from absolute masters of the fretboard and musician's musicians like Shawn Lane or Guthrie Govan that someone's one of the best ever, I don't need a deaf GnR fan like you or SS to tell me otherwise. If you really believe that Slash is light years ahead of the other guitar players in question I suggest you to listen to more music, especially guitar-influenced music. There's a whole world out there you haven't discovered yet.

Fuck that, now I gotta search (again) for more early Bucket vids. Watching him play Watching the boards with my dad (the song at the end) gave me goosebumps. Amazing song, amazing playing, amazing guitar player!

Edited by Bruno Poeys

No, it's all about taste. I don't enjoy Bumblefoot music, to me is awful and boring. Technically Bumblefoot is better than Slash, that doesn't mean he's able to create "better" music to my ears. What can I say? I love Guns N' Roses, I love Appetite for Destruction and both Illusion records. I like Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. According to that: Slash > Bumblefoot. Nothing stupid or retarded about it.

Edited by pi2loc

No, it's all about taste. I don't enjoy Bumblefoot music, to me is awful and boring. Technically Bumblefoot is better than Slash, that doesn't mean he's able to create "better" music to my ears. What can I say? I love Guns N' Roses, I love Appetite for Destruction and both Illusion records. I like Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. According to that: Slash > Bumblefoot. Nothing stupid or retarded about it.

Nothing stupid or retarded about what you said, yes. To claim that Slash is light years ahead of BBF and BH is completely stupid and retarded in so many ways...

I doubt your friends could come up with something like this...

Or this...

But that's not the point and nobody mentioned skills. You are so defensive and mentioned technical skills because this is your only argument, right? Seriously, not to sound arrogant or anything but when I get to hear from absolute masters of the fretboard and musician's musicians like Shawn Lane or Guthrie Govan that someone's one of the best ever, I don't need a deaf GnR fan like you or SS to tell me otherwise. If you really believe that Slash is light years ahead of the other guitar players in question I suggest you to listen to more music, especially guitar-influenced music. There's a whole world out there you haven't discovered yet.

Fuck that, now I gotta search (again) for more early Bucket vids. Watching him play Watching the boards with my dad (the song at the end) gave me goosebumps. Amazing song, amazing playing, amazing guitar player!

That actually sounds like shit. If Slash was making music that sounded like that, I would kill myself.

That actually sounds like shit. If Slash was making music that sounded like that, I would kill myself.

Have you heard the whole thing? You're not smart enough to realize that we were talking about technical skills and those vids show exactly that, there's no music apart from a few bits here and there.

And, really, do you really think that this is shit?

If so, yes, please kill yourself. You'll be doing us a favor. Bucket not only beats almost everyone technique-wise but also creatively with an impressive body of truly beautiful guitar music. The guy's got the most beautiful guitar oriented songs ever recorded under his belt - only Shawn Lane's truly amazing ballads can match him.

Edited by Bruno Poeys