Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Slash vs. Buckethead Vs. BBF

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Slash vs. Buckethead Vs. BBF (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the greater guitarist?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

LuanVictor

LuanVictor

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • 18-June 11
1 - Buckethead
2 - Bumblefoot
3 - Slash

"Complaints, complaints and complaints" - Beta Lebeis
6gvn.png

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • 01-December 11
Slash.

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --
Slash is light years ahead of the other two.

I'm willing to bet all of the bitter people will miss Ron. They all hated Bucket until he left. :shrugs:

I still hate him.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• Supporters
  • 8,279 posts
  • 13-February 06

I'm willing to bet all of the bitter people will miss Ron. They all hated Bucket until he left. :shrugs:

I still hate him.

There are exceptions to every rule. :shrugs:
:shrugs:

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

If you'd knew how pathetic that sounds you'd never say something that stupid and retarded again.

y4oz.jpg

Del Norte

Del Norte

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 02-April 11

If you'd knew how pathetic that sounds you'd never say something that stupid and retarded again.

You must be one of those guys who thinks technical skills is all that matters. I have a few friends better than Hendrix, page and slash. Now what sounds more retarded? What I just said or what satanisk said? By your logic what I said is perfectly fine.

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• Supporters
  • 14,276 posts
  • 10-May 08

You must be one of those guys who thinks technical skills is all that matters. I have a few friends better than Hendrix, page and slash. Now what sounds more retarded? What I just said or what satanisk said? By your logic what I said is perfectly fine.

Comparing Bumblefoot to some friend of yours who can play Eruption is what sounds retarded.

dQOAHSG.png

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,026 posts
  • 03-April 03

Comparing Bumblefoot to some friend of yours who can play Eruption is what sounds retarded.

maybe, but we should hear the dude play first.

Flayer

Flayer

Ayatollah of Rock N' Rollah

• Supporters
  • 2,818 posts
  • 24-October 11

Technically it's Bumblefoot. The guy can do anything with the instrument. Sometimes it's just a bit too wanky though, and his punk style isn't always to my taste.

As far as combining exceptional technical ability with enjoyable melodic playing goes, it's Buckethead. He can play almost as well as Bumblefoot, but his music is much more enjoyable and versatile.

For creating enjoyable contemporary music and fitting best in GNR, it's Slash. The guy's riffs (and solos when he's trying) are up there with the best.

Pretty much my opinion, although Bucket and Bumble fit in fine with GNR's sound imo.
chinaman33: flayer is a racist dont listen to him
Flayer: Dude, 'chinaman' is not the preferred nomenclature.

Posted Image

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

I doubt your friends could come up with something like this...

Or this...

But that's not the point and nobody mentioned skills. You are so defensive and mentioned technical skills because this is your only argument, right? Seriously, not to sound arrogant or anything but when I get to hear from absolute masters of the fretboard and musician's musicians like Shawn Lane or Guthrie Govan that someone's one of the best ever, I don't need a deaf GnR fan like you or SS to tell me otherwise. If you really believe that Slash is light years ahead of the other guitar players in question I suggest you to listen to more music, especially guitar-influenced music. There's a whole world out there you haven't discovered yet.

Fuck that, now I gotta search (again) for more early Bucket vids. Watching him play Watching the boards with my dad (the song at the end) gave me goosebumps. Amazing song, amazing playing, amazing guitar player!

Edited by Bruno Poeys, 10 October 2012 - 07:46 AM.

y4oz.jpg

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,881 posts
  • 28-January 11

No, it's all about taste. I don't enjoy Bumblefoot music, to me is awful and boring. Technically Bumblefoot is better than Slash, that doesn't mean he's able to create "better" music to my ears. What can I say? I love Guns N' Roses, I love Appetite for Destruction and both Illusion records. I like Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. According to that: Slash > Bumblefoot. Nothing stupid or retarded about it.

Edited by pi2loc, 10 October 2012 - 07:59 AM.

qlq4.jpg

Bruno P.

Bruno P.

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts
  • 10-October 07

No, it's all about taste. I don't enjoy Bumblefoot music, to me is awful and boring. Technically Bumblefoot is better than Slash, that doesn't mean he's able to create "better" music to my ears. What can I say? I love Guns N' Roses, I love Appetite for Destruction and both Illusion records. I like Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin. According to that: Slash > Bumblefoot. Nothing stupid or retarded about it.

Nothing stupid or retarded about what you said, yes. To claim that Slash is light years ahead of BBF and BH is completely stupid and retarded in so many ways...

y4oz.jpg

ThinkAboutYou

ThinkAboutYou

BADASS MOFO

• Supporters
  • 11,897 posts
  • 20-July 02
Love all three

6jn2px.jpg

"They stole my fuckin cheeseburgers!"

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

Bumble's Bridge Pickup

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • 18-June 10
I dig em all too. But BBF's ability to take any guitar and amp given to him and play anything with that gear, is what at the end of the day makes me want to pick my guitar up, even though I will never be that great.

Posted Image

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Slash for Guns N`Roses Buckethead for overall skill and insane musicianship Bumblefoot no comment
Formerly known as Son of a gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users