MATT SORUM TALKS GNR BREAKUP

Mao5

source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=180447

"My book will be a lot better than theirs [slash & Duff], and I'll tell you why: I remember everything, and they don't remember shit!

I told Duff, I said, 'Duff, how are you gonna remember to write a book? You can't even remember where we were last night?' I said, 'I'll write your book for you. And here's the title: 'Duff McKagan: The Shit I Don't Remember By Matt Sorum'. And every time I would tell my stories, I would go, 'Duff, are you tape-recording this right now? I don't want my stories coming out in your book.'

Slash's book, guaranteed, there's five years in the middle of Slash's book that are just missing. And I'll tell you what era that was: 1990 to 1995. Those guys don't remember jack-all. And if you notice, his book, it sort of book ends on the early years, and it jumps forward to the breakup. There's a lot of shit that went down [in between]. I could fill in the blanks and I could tell about hundred thousand better stories than they have. And you know what?! I just haven't had anybody give me enough money to make me spill the beans."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is known for certain that the Peloponnesian War took place. But it is only through Thucydides that we know of its implacable development and its lessons. No cross-checking is possible; but neither was it necessary, because the veracity of the facts, like the coherence of the thought, was so well imposed on his contemporaries and near posterity that any other witness felt discouraged when faced with the difficulty of introducing a different interpretation of the events, or even quibbling over a detail. http://debordiana.chez.com/english/panegyric.htm

Will Matt be the Thucydides of Guns N'Roses' breakup ?

Sounds like Matt needs the cash, and i don't begrudge him for that.. If Matt can remember what the others can't and wants to write about it, he should do it..

If it sells well, then Gilby might follow :D

Edited by vaida

I like Matt and a book by him would be cool...But I just wanna point out how Slash's main reputation is the hardcore perpetual party man who slays emotion that millions love on guitar...but I thought his book was great. Obviously from his point of view...but it was still a damn great read. Oh and for a guy who millions love to think as perpetually wasted...the guy is not only lucid but usually quite deep and well spoken in interviews. Especially within the last 10+ years. You can tell he doesn't like to naturally open himself that much, but he comes across as very intelligent.

It sounds like he's toying with the idea of writing a book, more than committing to it. He also said he was going to make a GNR movie, too, but without the music, it would be half-assed.

Matt's got stories that wouldn't have anything to do with GNR & VR, but how many people are going to care about Tori Amos and The Cult?

It sounds like he's toying with the idea of writing a book, more than committing to it. He also said he was going to make a GNR movie, too, but without the music, it would be half-assed.

Matt's got stories that wouldn't have anything to do with GNR & VR, but how many people are going to care about Tori Amos and The Cult?

1) "Painted on my Heart" by The Cult that he drums on is a great song.

2) I bet he has some great F'ing stories from the early 90's coming into the fray with the worlds' greatest band just hitting their peak...I'd be interested to hear them.