What about Axl would you change in 2012?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

What about Axl would you change in 2012?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fix that inability to release new music. I'm much more interested in his musical output than the messed up person himself.

He deserves a 4 for disrespecting agreed schedules, for keeping the setlists practically identical night to night with a too heavy emphasis on old GNR music, for not communicating with fans and the band at all. The things that save him from a lower score: consistently playing 3 hour long shows, still being a great singer sometimes, his ability to stick to his principles.

His inability to release new music is the obvious one, another thing i would change about Axl is his facial hair he should shave the fucking thing off and i wish he braided his hair again like in '06/'07

This, but also

His figure and clothing more like 06/07

His voice more like 2010

His weight, his style, his attitude to performing live and rehearsing for performances, his work ethic and releasing of music, his relationship with the people that made him the man he became ie. Slash, getting rid of certain people in his life.

I don't really understand why the big deal using the GNR name. There's been many other musicians who have gone "solo" at one time or another while keeping their band name, Motorhead ... Pumpkins ... Skynyrd ... Lemonheads ... Foreigner ... New Riders ... Temptations. A rock legend is a rock legend no matter what he calls his band.

His look. It's embarrassing to see someone iconic for being skinny pack on the weight. And those hats and that ridiculous mustache make him look like he's in the Allman Brothers Band rather than GNR.

If he lost a little weight, had his UYI haircut and re-grew his beard to conceal his neck, I think the majority of jokes about his appearance would stop.

Edited by Robert G Durant

His look. It's embarrassing to see someone iconic for being skinny pack on the weight. And those hats and that ridiculous mustache make him look like he's in the Allman Brothers Band rather than GNR.

If he lost a little weight, had his UYI haircut and re-grew his beard to conceal his neck, I think the majority of jokes about his appearance would stop.

Yes, because he is so fat:

largeRNHDgL84T8f_8JccEQ3b0MGcysU5FmBLAlIAGZTYIKw.jpg

Yes, because he is so fat.

Yeah, you're right. He's as lanky as he was in the Sweet Child video.

6B2VK.jpg

He's not obese by any stretch of the imagination. But in most people's minds he's supposed to be a 130lb guy.

It shouldn't matter, but it does to most people. It makes him the target of a lot of jokes, which makes it harder for people to take the current incarnation of the band seriously.

He's about to do a network television interview, and instead of it bringing attention to the residency or the fact that he shows up on time now, sings his ass off and plays for three hours every night, the only thing anyone is going to take away from it is a bunch of screen caps from the show with corny jokes plastered on them like "Welcome to the jungle, we've got tons of cake" or "He's been dancing with Mr. Coldstone".

And that sucks.

Yes, because he is so fat.

Yeah, you're right. He's as lanky as he was in the Sweet Child video.

I never said that. What I implied is that it is silly to expect Axl to look as he did 20 years ago. He looks pretty much average now for a 50 year old.

He's about to do a network television interview, and instead of it bringing attention to the residency or the fact that he shows up on time now, sings his ass off and plays for three hours every night, the only thing anyone is going to take away from it is a bunch of screen caps from the show with corny jokes plastered on them like "Welcome to the jungle, we've got tons of cake" or "He's been dancing with Mr. Coldstone".

And that sucks.

And what exactly do you want Axl to do with that? Should he loose weight just because of morons who can't accept the fact that he is pretty much average weight and chooses to focus on his looks rather on his music? That's insane. Axl does the exactly right thing about this situation: he ignores the haters with their ridiculous expectations and focuses on the live shows.

Edited by SoulMonster

Yes, because he is so fat:

largeRNHDgL84T8f_8JccEQ3b0MGcysU5FmBLAlIAGZTYIKw.jpg

He's not fat! Nice pic, thank you Soul :)

I don't like the mustache though, when he's wearing the big white hat he reminde me of

hairy+Yosemite+Sam.jpg