Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What about Axl would you change in 2012?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: What about Axl would you change in 2012? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

What about Axl would you change in 2012?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How pleased are you with Axl as a fan?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

RocketQueenGNR

RocketQueenGNR

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • 16-February 11
Nothing

Posted Image
'02:Pukkelpop Hasselt, Belgium
'06: Goffertpark Nijmegen, the Netherlands
'10: Sportpaleis Antwerpen, Belgium
'10: Gelredome Arnhem, the Netherlands
'12: Ahoy Rotterdam, the Netherlands
'12: Warsteiner Hockeypark Monchengladbach, Germany
'12: Graspop Metal Meeting, Belgium

November_rain

November_rain

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,203 posts
  • 26-February 03
Nothing. He is the way he is, you take it or leave it.

GANSES ROUSES.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,988 posts
  • 28-January 11
All of the above and 1.

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

PirateChick

PirateChick

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • 31-October 09
I see I'm the only one who thinks he should change his dance moves :lol:
Posted Image

Robert G Durant

Robert G Durant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • 24-October 07
His look. It's embarrassing to see someone iconic for being skinny pack on the weight. And those hats and that ridiculous mustache make him look like he's in the Allman Brothers Band rather than GNR.

If he lost a little weight, had his UYI haircut and re-grew his beard to conceal his neck, I think the majority of jokes about his appearance would stop.

Edited by Robert G Durant, 10 October 2012 - 12:37 AM.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,814 posts
  • 12-December 08

His look. It's embarrassing to see someone iconic for being skinny pack on the weight. And those hats and that ridiculous mustache make him look like he's in the Allman Brothers Band rather than GNR.

If he lost a little weight, had his UYI haircut and re-grew his beard to conceal his neck, I think the majority of jokes about his appearance would stop.

Yes, because he is so fat:
Posted Image

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Robert G Durant

Robert G Durant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • 24-October 07

Yes, because he is so fat.

Yeah, you're right. He's as lanky as he was in the Sweet Child video.

Posted Image

He's not obese by any stretch of the imagination. But in most people's minds he's supposed to be a 130lb guy.

It shouldn't matter, but it does to most people. It makes him the target of a lot of jokes, which makes it harder for people to take the current incarnation of the band seriously.

He's about to do a network television interview, and instead of it bringing attention to the residency or the fact that he shows up on time now, sings his ass off and plays for three hours every night, the only thing anyone is going to take away from it is a bunch of screen caps from the show with corny jokes plastered on them like "Welcome to the jungle, we've got tons of cake" or "He's been dancing with Mr. Coldstone".

And that sucks.

SoulMonster

SoulMonster

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 8,814 posts
  • 12-December 08

Yes, because he is so fat.

Yeah, you're right. He's as lanky as he was in the Sweet Child video.

I never said that. What I implied is that it is silly to expect Axl to look as he did 20 years ago. He looks pretty much average now for a 50 year old.

He's about to do a network television interview, and instead of it bringing attention to the residency or the fact that he shows up on time now, sings his ass off and plays for three hours every night, the only thing anyone is going to take away from it is a bunch of screen caps from the show with corny jokes plastered on them like "Welcome to the jungle, we've got tons of cake" or "He's been dancing with Mr. Coldstone".

And that sucks.

And what exactly do you want Axl to do with that? Should he loose weight just because of morons who can't accept the fact that he is pretty much average weight and chooses to focus on his looks rather on his music? That's insane. Axl does the exactly right thing about this situation: he ignores the haters with their ridiculous expectations and focuses on the live shows.

Edited by SoulMonster, 10 October 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Taking things too seriously since 1988. -- I wonder how it is to be an agnostic, dyslexic insomniac, lying awake at night wondering if there really is a dog. -- NEVER EXPECT, ALWAYS HOPE.

Shooting Star

Shooting Star

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • 13-December 08

The only thing I'd change was a little more focus on working on the next record than touring. But it could very well be that touring is a prerequisite to releasing new music. As for the rest on that list: I couldn't care less.

+1

LSMS

23icch4.jpg

PirateChick

PirateChick

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • 31-October 09

Yes, because he is so fat:
Posted Image

He's not fat! Nice pic, thank you Soul :)

I don't like the mustache though, when he's wearing the big white hat he reminde me of
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*

Guest_Satanisk_Slakt_*
  • Guests
  • --

Posted Image

LOL!

These pictures made me laugh out loud.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,269 posts
  • 12-December 08
He's not as skinny as he used to be and prob. has some stubborn weight where he doesn't want to perform shirtless on stage in his 50s. Just because Van Halen did it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users