Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rolling Stones 50th thread

• Please log in to reply
456 replies to this topic

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,139 posts
  • 12-December 08
There's all sorts of stuff coming up, figured it was a good time as any to start a thread over the next year where people can post stuff on the Stones. Feel free to backtrack over the past few years with the Deluxe Edition, but I'm starting this one off with the "Grrrr" collection.

They have the 50 song version coming out, but they're putting an 80 track version out.

SUPER DELUXE EDITION / 80 TRACKS

80 TRACKS ON 4CDS
INCLUDING TWO BRAND NEW TRACKS,36 PAGE BOOK, TOUR POSTER POSTCARD SET,BONUS CD OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED FIRST EVER STUDIO RECORDINGS
PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED 7” VINYL BBC RADIO SESSION EP
RARE EARLY POSTER, 96 PAGE HARDBACK A3 BOOK

CD 1
Come On
I Wanna Be Your Man
Not Fade Away
That’s How Strong My Love Is
It’s All Over Now
Little Red Rooster
The Last Time
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
Heart Of Stone
Get Off Of My Cloud
She Said Yeah
I ’m Free
Play With Fire
Time Is On My Side
19th Nervous Breakdown
Paint It, Black
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
She’s A Rainbow
Under My Thumb
Out Of Time
As Tears Go By

CD 2
Let’s Spend The Night Together
Mother’s Little Helper
We Love You
Dandelion
Lady Jane
Flight 505
2,000 Light Years From Home
Ruby Tuesday
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Child Of The Moon (rmk)
Salt Of The Earth
Honky Tonk Women
Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
You Got The Silver
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Street Fighting Man
Wild Horses

CD 3
Brown Sugar
Bitch
Tumbling Dice
Rocks Off
Happy
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Angie
It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
Dance Little Sister
Fool To Cry
Respectable
Miss You
Shattered
Far Away Eyes
Beast Of Burden
Emotional Rescue
Dance Pt. 1
She's So Cold
Waiting On A Friend
Neighbours

CD 4
Start Me Up
Undercover Of The Night
She Was Hot
The Harlem Shuffle
Mixed Emotions
Highwire
Almost Hear You Sigh
You Got Me Rocking
Love Is Strong
I Go Wild
Like A Rolling Stone
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Saint Of Me
Don't Stop
Rough Justice
Rain Fall Down
Streets Of Love
Plundered My Soul
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot

7” VINYL EP / SIDE A
Route 66 – BBC Session
Cops And Robbers – BBC Session

7” VINYL EP / SIDE B
You Better Move On – BBC Session
Mona – BBC Session

BONUS CD – IBC DEMOS
Diddley Daddy – iBC Demo Session
Road Runner – iBC Demo Session
Bright Lights Big City – iBC Demo Session
Honey What’s Wrong – iBC Demo Session
I Want To Be Loved – iBC Demo Session

GivenToFly

GivenToFly

Stranger

• SILVER
  • 6,222 posts
  • 28-May 05
It was a massive disappointment. They hyped an unspecified event for their 50th on Facebook like it was the biggest thing ever, people were expecting an album, or a world tour or both, and then it turns out it's another compilation. What is this, the hundredth? Fuck this.

I'm a bit psyched about the two new songs though. I just wish that, while they got together two make two new songs, they had stayed together a little more, and write and record like twelve tracks and put out a new album. Would it have been that difficult?

Check out my old GNR live megabootleg: Guns N' Roses: Live Anthology 1985 - 1994

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/204151-live-anthology-1985-1994-my-old-gnr-live-megabootleg/

and my 2006 - 2012 compilation: Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy Live

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/201848-gnr-chinese-democracy-live-my-bootleg-compilation-of-live-material-2006-2012/

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10
4 Tour dates in December have been rumoured for the new Barclay Center in Brooklyn, NY (2) and London (2) for some time now and Keef may have confimed that in a recent interview so maybe there is more exciting news to come.........

Keith Richards: 'We've booked shows in London and New York'

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has revealed that the band have been booked to play live shows in London and New York.

The legendary rockers had long been rumoured to be playing live again this year to celebrate their 50th anniversary, with frontman Mick Jagger claiming in July that the band were planning on sharing a stage together this autumn.

Despite the speculation, the band turned down the chance to play the Olympics opening ceremony and denied reports that they would play two shows at London's O2 Arena this November. But in an interview with Q magazine, Richards let slip that they had booked a run of shows in both the UK and the US – although he didn't reveal when the dates would take place.

He said: We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment. They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!
Richards also said the band's rehearsals were going from strength to strength, adding: "Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again. Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.??

"But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!"

The Rolling Stones will release a brand new Greatest Hits compilation in November titled 'GRRR!. The collection, which is being released to coincide with the band's 50th anniversary, will feature two brand new songs, 'Gloom And Doom' and 'One Last Shot', which were recorded in Paris last month. This is the first new material the band have recorded since their 2005 album 'A Bigger Bang'.

http://www.nme.com/n...ng-stones/66517

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,139 posts
  • 12-December 08

It was a massive disappointment. They hyped an unspecified event for their 50th on Facebook like it was the biggest thing ever, people were expecting an album, or a world tour or both, and then it turns out it's another compilation. What is this, the hundredth? Fuck this.

I'm a bit psyched about the two new songs though. I just wish that, while they got together two make two new songs, they had stayed together a little more, and write and record like twelve tracks and put out a new album. Would it have been that difficult?

There are "new" songs on Some Girls and Exile that people liked. Between those and the upcoming songs, that's an album's worth.

It's a pretty comprehensive collection compared to anything they've put out before.

I think there's some great archives coming out from the Stones over the past few years.

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,168 posts
  • 06-February 10

There are "new" songs on Some Girls and Exile that people liked. Between those and the upcoming songs, that's an album's worth.

It's a pretty comprehensive collection compared to anything they've put out before.

I think there's some great archives coming out from the Stones over the past few years.

Exactly! The Stones have released an amazing number of excellent archive titles the last few years and have another nice one, in conjunction wit ABKCO, coming up in "Charlie is My Darling" which not only includes a documentary from the 65 Irish tour but a CD of unreleased live songs from the same tour..already preordered mine..

http://www.amazon.co... deluxe edition

It is nice to finally see them opening up the vaults.................
IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,735 posts
  • 08-January 04

This. From the way they hyped and promoted if I was expecting an album, a world tour, or both. Man, most bands could learn a lot from the way this stuff was being hyped and promoted. *cough-gnr-cough* But this is essentially a bunch of tracks everybody already owns + two new ones. So basically I'm going to buy two horribly expensive new tracks. That's a bit of a rip-off. I already own The Singles Collection and Forty Licks. That's more Stones compilation albums that anybody should need, despite there being loads more.
Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,139 posts
  • 12-December 08

This. From the way they hyped and promoted if I was expecting an album, a world tour, or both. Man, most bands could learn a lot from the way this stuff was being hyped and promoted. *cough-gnr-cough* But this is essentially a bunch of tracks everybody already owns + two new ones. So basically I'm going to buy two horribly expensive new tracks. That's a bit of a rip-off. I already own The Singles Collection and Forty Licks. That's more Stones compilation albums that anybody should need, despite there being loads more.

The Stones have always thrown a bit of hype into their tours since the 80s and sold expensive swag at their shows. I think the bigger deal this year are "Charlie Is My Darling" and "Crossfire Hurricane" and the four concerts. The collection's pretty comprehensive, prob. could've put a Blu Ray version of it out, being that most of those songs they've either made videos for, or performed on TV.

"Singles Collection" is great, but you wind up skipping through some of those songs, for some reason I never liked "Forty Licks" because of how they laid the songs out. This one's more like a comprehensive singles collection in running order.

Zint

Zint

• SILVER
  • 17,232 posts
  • 24-February 06
It is nice to see the vaults open, but they can shove Grrr.

2i0u9oh.jpg

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 29,627 posts
  • 10-July 07
Bring on more stuff like Don't Stop.

Zint

Zint

• SILVER
  • 17,232 posts
  • 24-February 06
I've got my preorder in for the deluxe Charlie Is My Darling.

That's going to be pretty cool! :devilshades:

2i0u9oh.jpg

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,599 posts
  • 14-February 11
They really need to put out some of the rarities that been bootlegged for years..

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,139 posts
  • 12-December 08

They really need to put out some of the rarities that been bootlegged for years..

I think they'll put a couple of more Deluxe editions out & more live archives. The IBC demos made the bootleg rounds for a while.

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 14-August 07
I want an Exile remaster or remix. yes its a perfect album but it sounds like Mick is singing into a towel half the time.

BRING BACK LENNY.

He isn't banned.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 11,139 posts
  • 12-December 08

I want an Exile remaster or remix. yes its a perfect album but it sounds like Mick is singing into a towel half the time.

Another one? What was wrong with the one they did a couple of years ago? There's still people who prefer the Virgin Records reissue with a few of the "muddy" songs that got remixed and burned a copy mixing them both.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,922 posts
  • 01-February 06

Exactly my thoughts

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users