Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

rsgaleria4.jpg

I have a hard time believing they built that stage for 5 shows!

...which is good

I agree Zint... Maybe they wanted to do some shakeout dates to be sure they could still deliver..........I find it hard to believe they are not going to schedule more dates in 2013...... maybe not the full blown mega tours of the past but I can see them playing major cities around the world next year........

As Keef said in recent interviews, once the Stones machine gets rolling it is hard to stop.........

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rsgaleria4.jpg

...which is good

I agree Zint... Maybe they wanted to do some shakeout dates to be sure they could still deliver..........I find it hard to believe they are not going to schedule more dates in 2013...... maybe not the full blown mega tours of the past but I can see them playing major cities around the world next year........

As Keef said in recent interviews, once the Stones machine gets rolling it is hard to stop.........

They're only doing a few "50th" shows, and we don't know if there's going to be different special guests for each show. If they do tour next year, they'll prob. call it "Grrr Tour".

rsgaleria4.jpg

...which is good

They're only doing a few "50th" shows, and we don't know if there's going to be different special guests for each show. If they do tour next year, they'll prob. call it "Grrr Tour".

Guarantee you they'll use that stage though.

rsgaleria4.jpg

...which is good

I'd imagine it'll still be the 50 & Counting Tour, but I wouldn't count on the special guests. After all, Mick did say earlier this year that they really think of next year as 50 since Charlie joined in '63...

Tomorrow's guests are Eric Clapton, Florence Welch, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor.

I wonder if they'll have Gimme Shelter in the set every night but with a different female guest? :book:

I'd be surprised if Mary J doesn't sing with them in NY for one of the nights. That would be cool if the setlists are 80 percent different every show. Still hoping "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" with Taylor happens.

Tomorrow's guests are Eric Clapton, Florence Welch, Bill Wyman, and Mick Taylor.

I wonder if they'll have Gimme Shelter in the set every night but with a different female guest? :book:

I'd be surprised if Mary J doesn't sing with them in NY for one of the nights. That would be cool if the setlists are 80 percent different every show. Still hoping "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" with Taylor happens.

I think the intent is to have very different setlists each night.

As far as Can't You Hear Me Knockin' with Mick... :drool:

Tonight's setlist so far (I'll keep editing this):

Get Off My Cloud

I Wanna Be Your Man

The Last Time

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter (w/ Florence Welch)

Lady Jane

Champagne & Reefer (w/ Eric Clapton)

Live With Me

Miss You

One More Shot

Doom & Gloom

It's Only Rock N' Roll (w/ Bill Wyman)

Honky Tonk Women (w/ Bill Wyman)

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor)

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

---

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Satisfaction

Tonight's setlist so far (I'll keep editing this):

Get Off My Cloud

I Wanna Be Your Man

The Last Time

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter (w/ Florence Welch)

Lady Jane

Champagne & Reefer (w/ Eric Clapton)

Live With Me

Miss You

One More Shot

Doom & Gloom

It's Only Rock N' Roll (w/ Bill Wyman)

Honky Tonk Women (w/ Bill Wyman)

Wow...tastey so far!!

I want all these on DVD... Not just one. I mean fuck, Clapton?!! Awesome!

I could honestly see them doing a boxset of all the gigs, they did a DVD boxset for the Forty Licks tour and A Bigger Bang tour, so why not this one? And even if they tour next year, these gigs would surely be the ones to get released :shrugs:

I hope they'll play Winter and/or Sway with Taylor... :)

Yes!

I could honestly see them doing a boxset of all the gigs, they did a DVD boxset for the Forty Licks tour and A Bigger Bang tour, so why not this one? And even if they tour next year, these gigs would surely be the ones to get released :shrugs:

True. A box of the 4 or 5 50 years shows... I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Show's over...I have to admit I'm disappointed by how few songs rotated from the last gig. That's not to say this isn't a great core of a setlist, but only 3 rotated songs is a bit weak for the Stones (I haven't included Lady Jane and Satisfaction in the rotation as they were meant to be played on Sunday).

Show's over...I have to admit I'm disappointed by how few songs rotated from the last gig. That's not to say this isn't a great core of a setlist, but only 3 rotated songs is a bit weak for the Stones (I haven't included Lady Jane and Satisfaction in the rotation as they were meant to be played on Sunday).

If past tours are any indication they don't change their set lists much from show to show.........