Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

Good luck on getting the presales. Scalpers are hungry for Stones tickets, and they know the ticket system better than any of us.

Who's forking 800 a seat out? People who see it as a special event, and the possibility of Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman showing. They're not guaranteeing anything except the 70 songs they're going through (Keith wanted the variety, Mick wanted something more standardized) , and the only way I'd pay that is if they were doing Sticky Fingers or Exile from beginning to end.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck on getting the presales. Scalpers are hungry for Stones tickets, and they know the ticket system better than any of us.

Who's forking 800 a seat out? People who see it as a special event, and the possibility of Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman showing. They're not guaranteeing anything except the 70 songs they're going through (Keith wanted the variety, Mick wanted something more standardized) , and the only way I'd pay that is if they were doing Sticky Fingers or Exile from beginning to end.

If I made £40000+/year I wouldn't mind paying £1000 for front row seats to one of these show. Unfortunately at the moment I make £0.

If I made £40000+/year I wouldn't mind paying £1000 for front row seats to one of these show. Unfortunately at the moment I make £0.

That's when you try to find alternate ways of getting in....

mi6.jpg

I'm gonna try to get a ticket tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Lol, didn't think so.

Hoping P5 and I have more luck!

Me too...I'm pretty nervous though! :nervous:

Same, but hopefully we can get some! When is the presale for Newark?

Dunno about Amex, but I'm pretty sure the Facebook presale is Monday.

I've learned not to give up on Ticketmaster/Live Nation and keep coming back, because I wound up getting tickets the day before the show for a show that sold out in 2 minutes. And we know they tend to release tickets the day of the show, but in this case, highly doubtful.

There should have been better limits placed on this, it just becomes a free for all when ticket brokers nationwide meddle for an event. It should have been a lottery system.

I guess the pit tickets are big money ones.

There should have been better limits placed on this.

Facebook presale was a limit of two tickets.

It was limited number of tickets available via the Facebook presale.

The American Express presale is still to come and they have to save a whack of tickets for that.

And the Stones Archive presale will also have some.

And they'll hold a few back for General Public sale.

The Facebook presale also had 100 tickets available for the General Admission section inside the "tongue" for a tidy sum.

Gone...instantly.

There should have been better limits placed on this.

Facebook presale was a limit of two tickets.

It was limited number of tickets available via the Facebook presale, the American Express presale is still to come and they have to save a whack of tickets for that.

And they'll hold a few back for Genereal Public sale.

The Facebook presale also had 100 tickets available for the General Admission section inside the "tongue" for a tidy sum.

Gone...instantly.

Considering you can create as many Facebook profiles as you want, it's not the best system. I think the people who had the best chance were the ones who bought the bootlegs through their website.

Fuuuck...I could've sworn the FB presale was Monday.

I received an email saying that some presales were Saturday, I presumed it meant the Amex one as well, based on wording.

Then other reports surfaced regarding on sale dates and it all became murky.

In poking around and trying to get prepared I discovered the Facebook presale was this morning...and I found out very last minute.

It was a joke really, they posted the password a day early and there were no special Facebook links for the presale, you just took that code and went to Ticketmaster.

It was the worst Ticketmaster bogdown I've experienced since AC/DC's Black Ice tour.

It was pretty shitty to be honest, the choices at any price level seemed to be sideview and rear stage seating.

And another seat choice was "folding chair only"..whatever that meant. :shrugs:

I think they used the Facebook presale to clear out the shittiest of shitty seats first.

One woman posted that she was actually able to pull up two seats that were at the third level, practically in the rafters..sidestage.

They wanted $250 per ticket for that.

She was so disgusted she passed on them.

The VIP packages that went on sale a few hours later were absurdly priced, but they sold out instantly.

Anyone know any more about the Stones Archive presale?

VIP packages that are essntially bundled with the Brussels Affair box set.

Oh....on their own, the Brussels Affair box set has 3 price range levels, between $750 -$1500 US

So tag that on to the Archive presale price for starters.

Zint, you still trying to go?

I'm trying. :lol:

This quickly left a bad taste in my mouth though.

I mean...$250 for third level sideview?

Watching VIP packages sell out instantly at $2500 quickly made this feel like a gig not intended for the "salt of the earth".

I'll try American Express, but based on the way the two presales went today...with people from around the world trying for tickets, I'm not holding up much hope.

On sale to General Public will be over in seconds, guaranteed.

I have a feeling I won't be able to see The Rolling Stones :(

Same...let's keep our fingers crossed though!

Hey, someone's gotta land the tickets! :)

Truth! We'll see how obscene the second-hand prices are if we don't get them in the general sale...we haven't ruled out that option yet.

Truth! We'll see how obscene the second-hand prices are if we don't get them in the general sale...we haven't ruled out that option yet.

You still going to be able to try to get my ticket, P5? I can give you the money when/if you do. :)

You still going to be able to try to get my ticket, P5? I can give you the money when/if you do. :)

Yea, I can do my best :lol: I'll text you about it tomorrow ;)

HOF tickets were harder to get, but these in NJ for the Stones still went pretty fast. The news stories certainly contributed to the demand.

Best I could do was a single in 213 row 8 so I threw it back, I wouldn't want to sit alone unless it was a really, really good seat.

They keep saying there's a strong likelihood more US shows will be announced, I hope so.