Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

We'll keep posting Stones, but just keep tabs on how much they're scalping tickets for until the day of the show. Curious to see how ridiculous it gets. Also keep in mind Virgin and the Stones have contests for tickets, and NY/Philly radio stations for any giveaways.

I think "Crossfire Hurricane" is going to be the next discussion, not sure if HBO's broadcasting it, or it's just going to be in theaters.

I'm expecting 2013 shows to happen based on how Mick and Keith have been talking about next year. They might also bash out some new songs pretty quickly.

Also with WWE involved, wonder if people in the org are getting tix.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll keep posting Stones, but just keep tabs on how much they're scalping tickets for until the day of the show. Curious to see how ridiculous it gets. Also keep in mind Virgin and the Stones have contests for tickets, and NY/Philly radio stations for any giveaways.

I think "Crossfire Hurricane" is going to be the next discussion, not sure if HBO's broadcasting it, or it's just going to be in theaters.

I'm expecting 2013 shows to happen based on how Mick and Keith have been talking about next year. They might also bash out some new songs pretty quickly.

Also with WWE involved, wonder if people in the org are getting tix.

Yes HBO is going to broadcast Crossfire Hurricane as I have seen ads for it..and Ronnie said recently in an interview that once the Stones machine gets going it is hard to stop it so he hinted at more shows to follow...........

Edited by classicrawker

..if I want to pay 850 bucks to sit lower stand in the back curve.

I have never understood concert pricing. Why do nearly all venues consistently charge top prices for floor or lower level seats that are on the opposite end of the stage? Most fans care more about proximity to the stage than being on the ground or close to it. I would much, much rather be on the second level within a section or two of the stage rather than be on the floor at the opposite end. Shortest distance to the stage is always preferable, regardless of whether that distance is across the floor or upward.

Scalpers might take a bit of a bath on this.

I can go to Ticketmaster and still pull up "at cost" tickets...over 800 bucks mind you.

But it seems a lot of people are saying, "know what?, shove your $800 tickets".

People don't seem to be running around in a frenzy willing to pay any amount to get in.

..if I want to pay 850 bucks to sit lower stand in the back curve.

I have never understood concert pricing. Why do nearly all venues consistently charge top prices for floor or lower level seats that are on the opposite end of the stage? Most fans care more about proximity to the stage than being on the ground or close to it. I would much, much rather be on the second level within a section or two of the stage rather than be on the floor at the opposite end. Shortest distance to the stage is always preferable, regardless of whether that distance is across the floor or upward.

This is true. Sometimes back of the lower bowl will be a bit cheaper (it was for KISS anyways), but more often than not it's a standard price. AC/DC was $100 no matter if you were front row on the floor or at the back of the arena which is crazy to think the guy with the best seat in the house actually paid the same as the guy at the back.

Well I just dropped a good chuck of cash on a new Oppo blu-ray deck.

Might just sign off on this gig...I dunno, we'll see.

Mind you, if P5 gets through and scores a spare ticket!! :wub:

No chance of a spare from me - as it is I had to ask BS to send me his money in advance just in case I get through, as I also had to get tickets for Maiden in Malmo this morning. Talk about a rock and a hard place - Maiden tickets sell out instantly in Sweden and Rolling Stones tickets sell out instantly everywhere, both one sale in the same week :lol:

Twitter 8AM (CEST)

The Rolling Stones are playing a short warm-up gig tonight, Thursday 25th Oct, in Paris 350 tickets go on sale at the Virgin Megastore, Champs-Elysees, at 12pm today, €15 each. Two tickets per person. Names will be printed on the tickets. On presentation of photo ID at the venue ticket holders will receive a wristband. Doors open at 8pm

Guest Len B'stard

Been looking at the ticket prices, the message that The Stones send to me when they make tickets with prices that high is that, in short, they don't want people like me at their gig. Fair enough :shrugs: How about another free one at Hyde Park? :D

Guest Len B'stard

I seen a standing up front one for £999, so basically i got a coupla months to raise a grand, not impossible, i'm probably gonna have a crack at it but i'm not getting my hopes up. I got £500 spare cash at the moment, if i make a couple of good investments over at Bet365 i might be able make it :D Although on my own like a sad lonely git but fuck it, it's The Stones. And thats if that one for a grand is still there when i got the money or i can find another one.

Edited by sugaraylen

Looking forward to hearing what Doom and Gloom sounded like.

I would be surprised if an audience recording and video does not pop up on youtube shortly..........

I would not get too depressed if you don't score tickets for Newark as I feel pretty confident that the boys will tour some more next year unless there are health problems