Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Heard the new track on the radio earlier and re-listened to it when I got home. Solid track for sure, it's typical Stones but with modern production values. I approve.

That's exactly how I'd describe it.

It's modern but you know exactly who is singing it. His voice sounds great on it. I'm sure it'll get lots of airplay.

Apparantly there's going to be a live pay per view from the Newark Dec. 15 show for those who can't make it.

Here's an excerpt from an article at rollingstones.com:

This partnership between Endemol and Dainty Group will see the final Stones show, staged at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on December 15, telecast live via pay-per-view at 9pm EST. The pay-per-view entitled “One More Shot” will be distributed by WWE, the world’s pre-eminent provider of pay-per-view programming.

WWE Chairman/CEO Vince McMahon said: “WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room, live on Pay-Per-View for “One More Shot,” the last date of their 50th anniversary shows.”

Unfortunately I'll probably go cheap as well. If I didn't owe nearly $2000 in random shit and home theater equipment on my best buy card, I'd probably get the expensive ticket. Oh well, still hope I can get a ticket :)

I've never been there but anyone who has said most of the seats there are good for concerts, the VIP boxes aren't obnoxiously high, they're low and wide, and there's a ton of HDTVs around the venue.

And you KNOW they're doing "Sympathy for the Devil" at the NJ Devil's homebase. Will Jagger wear a hockey jersey? We'll see. I'm sure they'll all getting one.

Apparantly there's going to be a live pay per view from the Newark Dec. 15 show for those who can't make it.

Here's an excerpt from an article at rollingstones.com:

This partnership between Endemol and Dainty Group will see the final Stones show, staged at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on December 15, telecast live via pay-per-view at 9pm EST. The pay-per-view entitled “One More Shot” will be distributed by WWE, the world’s pre-eminent provider of pay-per-view programming.

WWE Chairman/CEO Vince McMahon said: “WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room, live on Pay-Per-View for “One More Shot,” the last date of their 50th anniversary shows.”

Anyone know if the WWE PPV's in HiDef?

Think the PPV is going to be $50?

People are going to be flying in to see it. The shows are going to sell out in minutes. Funny thing is, the Stones did so many shows for Bigger Bang that no one was making a big deal out of it.

I'm pretty sure Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman will be at the shows, and some longtime friends of the band, but I don't think they want to turn it into a "Rolling Stones and Friends" show, either.

So, do I go to the PPV show and have my first pro shot show be the Stones, or go to the other show and enjoy both?

Go to the second show.

It is being billed as the "last" 50th anniversary show!

It's being filmed for release and you can say you were there.

This will get shown more than once on ppv.

Not to mention the inevitable blu release.

And they JUST might have something special cooked up for the ppv show.

Shoot for that one man, that's the event!