Rolling Stones 50th thread

dalsh327

Haven't seen this discussed. Picture on Twitter from Monday, presumably of a setlist of songs being worked in rehearsals:

2012RollingStonesTwitter161012.jpg

I dig some of the choices B)

You can tell there's more underneath that page. Should be interesting to see if they do the show in chronological order, I'm sure they're going to have a really cool intro to the concert, and prob. have a few they've rarely done in concert.

Being that Johnny Depp put Keith in a couple of movies, wonder if Keith told him to pack a guitar.

Certainly not the final setlist, especially seeing as She's So Cold is listed twice (It was great in '05 and I'd like to see it again, but once in the gig is fine :tongue2: ).

Excited at the prospect of some of the early tunes on the list - The Last Time, It's All Over Now, and Not Fade Away would all be fine with me :)

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A LOT of backlash on the internet over ticket prices!

And justifiably so IMHO....would have been nice if these guys had thrown the longtime fans a bone with affordable ticket prices... I am guessing that you will not get near the floor for less than the $250 ticket but most likely the $450-750 tickets will be the choice seats.......with downloading killing the money in new music releases the money is in the touring so it is a sign of the times I guess.......... :shrugs:

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I read that they themselves wanted £1,000 per ticket.

Would not surprise me..do you ahve a link to the story as I would like to share this on the Stones forums I belong to..........

Sure. Doubt this is too credible but: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2218823/The-worlds-greediest-rock-band--As-Stones-demand-1-000-ticket-rake-16m-nights-work-fans-question-motives-new-tour.html

I'm gonna try to get a ticket tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope.

To which location O2?...AMEX presale for Newark is not until Monday?

I received an email that said it was Saturday, Stones site says something's up for presale Saturday.

Now I don't know for sure! :confused:

Newark is not until next week.

Also, I agree that the ticket prices are laughable. I mean hell, they should have at least some $250 option for some floor seats or something. $800 just to get a floor seat, and not even GA, and not even guaranteed up close, it just silly and upsetting. I mean the least they could do is throw in a free lithograph! :lol:

As long as they don't announce extra dates, get what you can get, because they're estimating over 1 million people are going to try to get dibs on the 4 shows. I've seen Tom Waits tickets on Stub Hub going for $3,000 a while back, because his manager made scalping near impossible.

If they're doing more shows next year, and they're taking a "let's see how these shows go first" approach, they'll still be high, but the demand won't be.

It is possible the Stones will do a free show or a festival in the next year, there's been rumors of Glastonbury happening.

The one thing that hasn't been discussed, and talked about for years, is an Aerosmith/Stones show, and with Aerosmith's first album coming up on it's 40th year? Might finally happen. That, without a doubt, would be one of the biggest co-headlining tours ever. There's no rivalry or anything between both bands.

MickTyler94.jpg

The one thing that hasn't been discussed, and talked about for years, is an Aerosmith/Stones show, and with Aerosmith's first album coming up on it's 40th year? Might finally happen. That, without a doubt, would be one of the biggest co-headlining tours ever.

The Stones don't co-headline tours.

Not gonna happen.

The one thing that hasn't been discussed, and talked about for years, is an Aerosmith/Stones show, and with Aerosmith's first album coming up on it's 40th year? Might finally happen. That, without a doubt, would be one of the biggest co-headlining tours ever.

The Stones don't co-headline tours.

Not gonna happen.

Well, then, "special guest".

I'm gonna try to get a ticket tomorrow, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Lol, didn't think so.

Hoping P5 and I have more luck!

To be fair, I didn't do the presale, I was regular sale. I couldn't even get to the screen for the first 6 minutes or so, it just kept me waiting. When I finally got there the only thing still available were floor tickets for £406.

(There were already a big bunch of tickets on getmein.com, Ticketmaster's resale site, but they went at at least four times their original price, with the most expensive ones being in the thousands.)

Who knows, I might look back in a few years or decades and think that it would've been worth £400...