Jeff Buckley

The Real McCoy

220px-Tim_Buckley_-_Happy_Sad.jpg

this album by tim buckley contains the song "dream letter". it's an ode and apology to his ex-wife, mary guibert, and his son jeff buckley. This is the second song Buckley wrote about the pair, the first being "I Never Asked to Be Your Mountain" on his previous LP, Goodbye and Hello. In comparison to that song "Dream Letter" has a more apologetic tone.

he was the greatest rock artist in the nineties without a doubt

+1

Mindblowing voice and great songwriter, he was able to pour so much emotion into every single song. And everytime I listen to his music I wonder why such a talented guy could depart from this world so early...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

If you haven't already, check out the "Live at Sin-e" album. Just Jeff and his guitar, but somehow he just seemed to fill the room. Its the only way I can think of describing it. Lots of awesome covers on there as well as renditions of songs from Grace.

Jeff Buckley - Just Like A Woman:

I thought Jeff Buckley was for chicks and gay guys?

That is true. Only for gay guys and chicks. Cause he's singing all emotional and shit and about love and really high like a girl. Real men listen to Black Sabbath while they pump iron.

Edited by Rovim

The fact that such a talent died at such a young age is just sad. He had so much emotion and honesty in his music. And he never overdid anything with vocal or guitar playing and he had amazing guitar skills. Also he deliberately left Forget Her of Grace because he knew it had potential to be radio hit and it would water down song meaning for him.