What's your internet speed?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I paid 9 Euro for my last broadband, which was on 15MB per second.

I also remember that some people from UK and Ireland I talked to told me that they can't use over 20GB a month, or they'll cut off their internet. I had never heard of that before. Is that common outside of Sweden?

Yeah in the UK some internet providers have introduced caps on downloads and after that your speed gets really slow, however you can get unlimited downloads packages as well which are now quite common. Quite a few of the people I have talked to from the US have usage limits and it comes across as being very common in the US/ Canada. Is this true?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can contribute to this conversation is "lol Spain" and "lol Peru". Is there any Spanish speaking country that doesn't suck? :P

While maybe not as good as Sweden, the UK is generally pretty good for broadband. I think that overall we get a better deal than the Yanks, which is at least something. :D

I disagree. Swedes pay more for some goods, ok...but they also earn much more money than us. So, I still believe there is a "way of life" in there! Here we just have a "way of survive".

Good job you've got all the British tourists to keep the economy afloat then eh? ;)

Yeah... but we prefer Japanese tourists. They spend much more money and they are way more quiet! But this is full of Brits, yep.

And the Americans. :lol:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

The only tourists we have are Germans. Well, we do have Norwegians too, but they don't count. The only reason they come here is because Sweden is almost identical with how Norway is, just a lot cheaper.

All I can contribute to this conversation is "lol Spain" and "lol Peru". Is there any Spanish speaking country that doesn't suck? :P

Cuba. They don't have problems with their internet speed... :unsure:

The only tourists we have are Germans. Well, we do have Norwegians too, but they don't count. The only reason they come here is because Sweden is almost identical with how Norway is, just a lot cheaper.

Who wants to go to a cold dark country?! :P

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate bt as my mate was supposed to be getting 20mb and he was getting 1mb sometimes 0.9. I rang up on his behalf and complained and said you better get someone here figure out why it's so slow. Next day a bt technician came out and found a fault in the line and fixed it. Just gotta threaten to leave and they shit themselves.

• 1 month later...