Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

How was crowd reaction

It was great, actually.

Ali

You were there, right? How was the vocals from your seat?

Other than having a brain fart and messing up some words to WTTJ, and singing "Better" completely differently, I don't hear any real difference between tonight and a year ago. I think "You're Crazy, "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" were the best. My group of 8 people enjoyed it too.

Ali

I thought the band sounded great.

But Axl. Wow. Just wow. A bit embarrassing.

Eddie killed it. Axl....out of breath, messing up lyrics. Horrible.

I saw GnR last year and Axl was awesome. An "A" performance. Tonight he was terrible.

Anybody watch the chat screen on the side? Russtb or whatever his name was was worse than Axl. Constantly putting his website address out and badmouthing people the entire performance. Stfu and watch the show!

Overall it wasn't that bad, at least compared to something like Rio. I don't understand how he can sound great on some parts, and awful on others. I think the best sounding song vocal wise was Patience by far. Better sounded amazing instrumentally, and I liked the way Axl sang it (minus the voice). I recorded the concert and I'm uploading it to youtube now. Audio seems great, video may be choppy in some parts, I'll post it when it's finished uploading, but I'm sure someones recording is better! I hope his voice shapes up, but sadly, as the past tour showed, it probably won't anytime soon.

very nice recovery from axl. pulled it all together pretty well

Yes he did!

That was awful. If he doesn't care anymore, he should just quit. Shame because 2010 was not that long ago, the only year he's resembled the Axl of old.

I still will never know what happened to Axl's 2010 rasp.

so axl's lost his rasp and mickey is back? axl's throat blew out too? medical problem?

That was the worst I've ever heard him. I felt bad for the band. Bumblefoot looked embarrassed at the end of Jungle. Worse than 2002. Worse than Rio this year. Just so sad because he was the greatest frontman of all time. I mean, karaoke singers sound better. He must be beyond depressed to be that careless.

I just don't think he's serious about this anymore. Otherwise he'd put in the time and effort, not just in rehearsing but in putting out new music and getting GN'R back into the spotlight. He likes to tour a little bit, and sometimes work in the studio, and that's about it.

very nice recovery from axl. pulled it all together pretty well

Yes he did!

That was awful. If he doesn't care anymore, he should just quit. Shame because 2010 was not that long ago, the only year he's resembled the Axl of old.

I still will never know what happened to Axl's 2010 rasp.

so axl's lost his rasp and mickey is back? axl's throat blew out too? medical problem?

throat didnt "blow out" he started sing the wrong song and was like........ 'ohhhhhh shit'.

Why they insist on having these major webcasts as the first show they do is beyond me. I bet by the end of Vegas, Axl will be back on top of the world. Right now? Ugh...

Yeah, many people said that about the South America tour after Rock In Rio. Other than a few shows/songs here and there it's been "mickey mouse" for a majority of the time.

Summary for whoever didn't watch it:

If you don't care anymore Axl, quit. If you do, try harder.

Diabolical. Of course, like an abused wife i'll be back. Because that's what my relationship with GNR is nowadays. So, so embarrassing

Why they insist on having these major webcasts as the first show they do is beyond me. I bet by the end of Vegas, Axl will be back on top of the world. Right now? Ugh...

Yeah, many people said that about the South America tour after Rock In Rio. Other than a few shows/songs here and there it's been "mickey mouse" for a majority of the time.

By the time they hit the US, he was much better. An the UCAP tour? Fuckin' A, were those shows good!

How was crowd reaction

It was great, actually.

Ali

Other than having a brain fart and messing up some words to WTTJ, and singing "Better" completely differently, I don't hear any real difference between tonight and a year ago. I think "You're Crazy, "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" were the best. My group of 8 people enjoyed it too.

Ali

If you honestly thought it was bad, would you admit it?

Band was awesome. Axl was terrible. I saw them last tour and Axl tore it up, an "A" performance. Tonight he was awful.

I thought the band sounded great.

But Axl. Wow. Just wow. A bit embarrassing.

Eddie killed it. Axl....out of breath, messing up lyrics. Horrible.

I saw GnR last year and Axl was awesome. An "A" performance. Tonight he was terrible.

Anybody watch the chat screen on the side? Russtb or whatever his name was was worse than Axl. Constantly putting his website address out and badmouthing people the entire performance. Stfu and watch the show!

maybe axl should postpone tomorrow, jimmy kimmel, and vegas residency until he gets his throat problem cleared up with medical treatment and hospital doctors

Overall it wasn't that bad, at least compared to something like Rio. I don't understand how he can sound great on some parts, and awful on others. I think the best sounding song vocal wise was Patience by far. Better sounded amazing instrumentally, and I liked the way Axl sang it (minus the voice). I recorded the concert and I'm uploading it to youtube now. Audio seems great, video may be choppy in some parts, I'll post it when it's finished uploading, but I'm sure someones recording is better! I hope his voice shapes up, but sadly, as the past tour showed, it probably won't anytime soon.

They might come out at the finale.

Say whatever you want about KD Lang, but she's also 50 and was somehow magically able to not only nail every conceivable note, but she was actually holding the mic away from her face at times due to the clarity and power of her tone.

Eddie Vedder is now a couple of years shy of 50, yet he's capable of pulling it together at a moments notice, strap on an acoustic and blow the place away with the authority of his tone.

Axl? He's 50, and yet he continually refuses to take his profession seriously. I don't give a shit if you're a lawyer, a dishwasher, or a gravedigger.

If you have any personal pride, you invest in the skill required to perform said profession.

Were this the case, he wouldn't need 34 people on a message board rationalizing his performance.

Bottom line, any time the guy has had the slightest bit of public exposure, he's wilted.

I just don't think he's serious about this anymore. Otherwise he'd put in the time and effort, not just in rehearsing but in putting out new music and getting GN'R back into the spotlight. He likes to tour a little bit, and sometimes work in the studio, and that's about it.

Yeah, it sucks really. His heart doesn't seem to be in this anymore. He seems to enjoy making money touring the world having HIS band cover songs by another band.

How was crowd reaction

It was great, actually.

Ali

Ali

That's good to hear, I hope you guys are having a great time tomorrow, too :)