Bridge School Benefit Show and Webcast Oct. 20, 2012

gmsugaree

Axl had strip throat this night to...Could it be the audio in the shcool dance videos?

It depresses me that I was only 1 year old when this aired. What I would do to go back in time and attend any show between 1987 and 1993.

I never liked that jungle performance at all. Sure he has power, but it's way too fast and he sings everything off key. You simply cannot say that he sings well in that video...same with most stuff from the 91 tour, indiana show in particular.

That is an awesome performance of "Jungle." You're nuts!

Guys you need to stop comparing 50 year old Axl to Axl in his prime!

True enough, but a lot of singers still have it. Klaus Meine, for example. Axl was on another level as a rock singer. Clearly it does and has taken its toll. However, even a couple short years ago he sounded very ahead of where he is today. I think people would want THAT. Not necessarily thinking he can reclaim his glory period from the middle to late '80s.

Here is Axl in 2010 and he sounds awesome. So I think the complaints are a little justified. He does not sound like this today.

thats really good. probably drunk enough to just let it flow that nicely :) + whole appearance is more good old Axl there....moves and stuff.

I know this topic has drifted down the list, but I just wanted to add some context to the whole strep throat thing. My five-year-old son told me on Friday night as I was putting him to bed that his throat was hurting. I asked him if he thought he was getting sick and he said, "No." Saturday rolls around and he's not quite acting like himself and his throat is hurting, but he has no fever. Saturday afternoon: we're out of town heading to a birthday party. Said five-year-old comes and sits by me on the couch at my folks' house and his forehead is on fire! Thermometer reads 102 F. We're an hour from home so we give him some ibuprofen and he misses the party. Sunday morning, fever is still out of control and his voice is very hoarse, throat swollen, no appetite (not even for democracy). I take him to the urgent care clinic down the road, they swab test him and he's positive for strep throat (not to mention scarlet fever with the rash all over his body and an ear infection). Doctor prescribes antibiotics, but there's no rural pharmacies open, so I make the two-hour round-trip drive to San Antonio, give the boy his first dose of meds before bed last night. Second dose this morning. By this afternoon, throat is no longer painful, no fever, appetite is back and voice is clear as a bell.

All that to say this to all those haters thinking Axl was making excuses or someone was making them for him because he sounded better on day two: Suck it!

But I still agree that he likely didn't warm up before the first show either so I imagine it was a little bit of both.