BOARD UPGRADE 3.1.3 -> 3.3.4

highvoltage

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what will be the benefits mate ?

Loads of new features. I'd post the upgrade list, but because we're so far behind in versions at the moment (almost 2 years), there's a lot more we'll be getting than what's in it (it's only got what's different from the version immediately previous).

The site will have a small facelift too! :)

I'm also hoping to have the search platform upgraded because this one sucks, but waiting to hear back from Invision about it.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

3STRANG3D

Group: Reduced Supporter Privileges

Just saw this. How come he/she is in such an unusual group?

Cool with the forum upgrade, by the way.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

4 to 6 hours downtime? you're fucking insane. That's way too long. I have no life. Hope I survive this.

Hoping for a lot less than that.

It's been pointed out that this is the date of the Bridge School Benefit though.... I'm going to ask them to push it to Tuesday and see what they say.

4 to 6 hours downtime? you're fucking insane. That's way too long. I have no life. Hope I survive this.

It's been pointed out that this is the date of the Bridge School Benefit though.... I'm going to ask them to push it to Tuesday and see what they say.

That would be most preferable :thumbsup:

That would be most preferable :thumbsup:

I know - but my exams, trip to the US and the Vegas shows are all coming up, so I needed to get this out of the way as soon as possible or it wouldn't happen before January.

Monday was a good day for me because I don't have to go in to uni. Can't afford to delay to the week after that, so we'll just have to make the best of the situation and hopefully we won't experience too much downtime.

I'll let you guys know the precise date/time as soon as I receive word.

So what time will this be?

It's up to Invision. It's a bit frustrating actually - at work, it's part of my job to make sure upgrades like this are successful, and they're meticulously planned days or even weeks in advance. If someone asked when an upgrade like this was going to take place, I'd be able to tell them everything.. from when to how long it was going to take, to what might go wrong, etc etc... that's the standard I'm used to.

Getting info out of these guys as to when and how they perform the upgrade has been really difficult, but I've been led to believe they'll do it basically whenever they get around to it on Tuesday. Not great because I'll be in an exam for some of it in my timezone, but hopefully it won't overlap.