What was New-GNR's worst gig?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

What was New-GNR's worst gig?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Old guns had far more horrible shows (often due to Slash's sloppy playing and Matt's boring drumming in the fast songs), but I suppose this section is for newGuns, so carry on.

Fuck dude, aren't you the guy who gets pissed when anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns?

Remember this the next time you bitch about this kind of bullshit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Detroit 2002 the only New-GNR show that didn't close with Paradise City?

No, one of the early Canadian 2010 shows closed with Nightrain, andPC closed the main set (Honestly don't remember which one off hand).

Jan 19, 2010 Credit Union Centre, Saskatoon, i have the amazing bootleg.

Edited by bionic56

Old guns had far more horrible shows (often due to Slash's sloppy playing and Matt's boring drumming in the fast songs), but I suppose this section is for newGuns, so carry on.

Fuck dude, aren't you the guy who gets pissed when anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns?

Show me a post that backs up what you just said. Or shut your mouth.

I think this question has to be taken with a lot of publicity taken into account.

In 2002, there was an aura about Axl and his new band. The comeback if you might say. And for his poor vocal performance and strange looking lineup, I think it for me was the worst gig (not technically, but publicity wise).

Although the 2011 concert is up there (Axl was awful, and a few fuck ups by the band too) it doesn't reach the height of the VMA's purely because 10 years on, less people give a shit.

It's weird but if you ignore 2002 vocals/band (as great as they were, the general public weren't going to get behind that band tbf) and think if you had Axl/2006 how different things could have been. Especially considering after that you got 2010 vocals. I mean, nobody would ever consider newgnr>>>oldgnr but people might have stood up and taken notice

yeah,I agree,Rio IV is the worst performance I've seen

by any band.and I've seen shit through the years.

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

Are you sure ???

What the heck is that? Is he high on helium or something?

It was the reading festival 2008, i was so, so fucked off. Really wanted to see KOL , i just walked off and caught train back to Slough after 30 mins of this. £89 down the drain.

Do you not realize that this is fake?...

Show me a post that backs up what you just said. Or shut your mouth.

Shut my mouth? Or what? What are your going to do about it? Oh that's right, nothing because it's the fucking Internet.

Dude, I've got better things to do with my time than to find evidence that you're full of shit since you just reek of it. It would be like finding evidence that water exists. Would only need to turn on the tap. Anyone who's familiar with you Popcorn doesn't need proof to know what I'm talking about.

Back on topic, if I had to name my top five, it would be:

1. Rock in Rio IV

2. MTV Music Awards '02

3. Detroit '02

4. Chicago, '12

5. Can't remember what show it was, but it's in 2002 in Japan where Axl is just butchering Nightrain.

rir 2011 made me realize nu-gnr became a joke.

Then why are you still here.....?

because i'm a big fan of guns n' roses. what about you? just to bitch about people who don't worship axl? thought so.

Clearly you are a big fan of guns n roses... you are 20 years in the past.

And it's not just Axl lmao everything you post is just cupcake, cupcake, cupcake.

It's ridiculous.

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

Are you sure ???

Wow. That was embarrassing to watch. Everyone has bad nights, but that was.. wow. I don't really listen to them, I'm sure 99% of their performances are fine, but it sucked that one had to be in front of such a huge crowd and televised.

edit: as for the matter at hand I went Rock in Rio IV. It was just a bad bad night in front of a whole lot of people.

Edited by TeeJay410

I have to give honerable mention to Detroit in 2002. I was at that show and Axl threw the mic up in the air during patience and just walked off stage and then the lights came on. It was just a really lackluster show the whole time, and that ending was just horriable. This show is one of the main reasons why I never truelly embraced that version of gnr.

I was at that show too and enjoyed myself. Axl forgetting the words to Patience and storming off would have bothered me if it was early in the show, but they were in the encore and the only thing we missed was Paradise City. It wasn't enough to ruin what up until then had been a pretty good night.

Rock in Rio IV on the other hand, that was embarrassing for all concerned.

Are you sure ???

Wow. That was embarrassing to watch. Everyone has bad nights, but that was.. wow. I don't really listen to them, I'm sure 99% of their performances are fine, but it sucked that one had to be in front of such a huge crowd and televised.

You guys do realize that this video is messed (ie. fake) with right? Go watch the real version, it doesn't sound anything like this.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Why is Rock in Rio III (2001) on that list? Seriously, it is in my opinion one of the most amazing Guns N' Roses concerts, old and new.

You're alone of thinking that. The crowd was great, the band was shit and Axl was even shittier.