What was New-GNR's worst gig?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

What was New-GNR's worst gig?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VMA 02. I mean, that was just sad. You can't blame the weather or sound problems on that one. That was all botched by Axl, no matter anyone says. But at least, for better or worse, it got people talking about Gn'R. And Jimmy Fallon going ape-shit was/is funny to watch.

Lol @ those gullible people who think that the Kings of Leon shreds -video is true :D. But then again, some people might think the Guns' VMA performance is a shreds video and a fake :D

Edited by jekylhyde

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock In Rio IV is close to the top. Just horrible from start to finish, except maybe Knockin, where Axl seems to regain some sort of passion, then he loses it again during Patience...I remember thinking there's no way they can do the tour after this, but they did, and I saw them 4 times and loved every single time.

I have to go with the VMAs though. It was Axl's chance to shine, and with a kick ass performance (and probably a different look) maybe he could have made that version of GNR into the mainstream success some of the fans on here seem to crave the band to become. But he blew it, by looking ridiculous, by losing his breath, and by not being able to announce a release date for his new album.

yeah,I agree,Rio IV is the worst performance I've seen

by any band.and I've seen shit through the years.

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

Are you sure ???

Wow. That was embarrassing to watch. Everyone has bad nights, but that was.. wow. I don't really listen to them, I'm sure 99% of their performances are fine, but it sucked that one had to be in front of such a huge crowd and televised.

edit: as for the matter at hand I went Rock in Rio IV. It was just a bad bad night in front of a whole lot of people.

that video is fake. can't believe anyone wouldn't realize that.

the pukkelpop nightrain isn't really any worse than some of the other '02 performances until the 'take it' voice crack. i mean, the band played the song great in '02, but axl's voice was always a little helium-ish on that track back then.

yeah,I agree,Rio IV is the worst performance I've seen

by any band.and I've seen shit through the years.

I respect your opinion, but jeez that's a little over the top aint it ??? worst ever by any band ?

Are you sure ???

What the heck is that? Is he high on helium or something?

It was the reading festival 2008, i was so, so fucked off. Really wanted to see KOL , i just walked off and caught train back to Slough after 30 mins of this. £89 down the drain.

Do you not realize that this is fake?...

Ahhh jeez, really

the pukkelpop nightrain isn't really any worse than some of the other '02 performances until the 'take it' voice crack. i mean, the band played the song great in '02, but axl's voice was always a little helium-ish on that track back then.

:rofl-lol: LMFAO at the "Take it!" at 3:39. Other than that, very solid!

Have to argue with both of you here. Though I haven't watched other performances of Nightrain from 2002 in quite a while (so I'm not sure if the problem is found in other performances), I would have to say that the "take it" voice crack isn't the only issue with his performance. Listen to him sing "Never to return." Completely flat. Not just bit a little bit - way off.

But yes, for the most part, this was Axl's voice in 2002, especially on Nightrain. So it might be a little unfair to pick this particular performance (because really, listen to the voice and try to tell me it sounds great when you compare it to 2006 or 2010), but if you combine his off-key singing with the "take it" flub, it stands up as one of the worst vocal performances of Nightrain ever. Mind you, Buckethead always rocked the ending, so there's that.

Edited by downzy

Old guns had far more horrible shows (often due to Slash's sloppy playing and Matt's boring drumming in the fast songs), but I suppose this section is for newGuns, so carry on.

Fuck dude, aren't you the guy who gets pissed when anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns?

Remember this the next time you bitch about this kind of bullshit.

Show me a post that backs up what you just said. Or shut your mouth.

Shut my mouth? Or what? What are your going to do about it? Oh that's right, nothing because it's the fucking Internet.

Dude, I've got better things to do with my time than to find evidence that you're full of shit since you just reek of it. It would be like finding evidence that water exists. Would only need to turn on the tap. Anyone who's familiar with you Popcorn doesn't need proof to know what I'm talking about.

Oh I see! You make up a lie about me, then get all touchy and start posturing like a tough guy when I ask you to substantiate your claims. But you're too proud to admit you're wrong. No, instead you say the most moronic thing ever: that I "reek of it." That's it? That's your evidence? Brilliant, Holmes. I've never gotten pissed when "anyone brings up classic-era members in any thread relating to Nu-Guns" so shut the fuck up you filthy liar. Like I said, shut your mouth.

Like I said, shut your mouth.

Or what?

I can see you're just desperately trying to obfuscate the situation and show off your e-peen to me, tough guy. But hey, great job dodging the fact you spewed a lie about me and then were too chickenshit to admit you just pulled that lie out of your ass (based on your errant wannabe psychic abilities).

Oh and please let me know when you learn what "figure of speech" means, as in: when I tell you to shut your mouth, I'm speaking figuratively, not literally. :jerkoff:

On topic:

I would say Rock in Rio IV is worse than the VMAs because the VMAs were more of an uneven performance as opposed to the universally-regarded-as-bad RIR IV gig.