Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Zakk Wylde with Slash - Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live At Gibson's 100th Anniversary)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
How cool..

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Kapitch_77

Kapitch_77

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts
  • 18-February 06
I saw that performance on another video a few years ago and we couldn't hear Slash properly, the quality on this one is better. Cool indeed, thanks.

Free Bird

Free Bird

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 11-August 12
Still, almost unhearable

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,034 posts
  • 03-April 03
It started out as a fun jam, but it just gets dragged on and on...

LA_0013

LA_0013

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
  • 09-July 03
Shame Slash's guitar is too low in the mix.

Couple of legends letting loose right there. Both bringing their own style and chops to the table. Very cool

LA

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12
Zakk wipes floor with Slash any day, any time
Formerly known as Son of a gun

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,034 posts
  • 03-April 03
Doubtful. He didn't this time.

sweetness

sweetness

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,734 posts
  • 01-February 06

lol, k

am I the only one who thinks Black Label Society is one of the most awful bands of all time and everything Zakk did with Ozzy was boring as all hell? I do like Zakk because he seems like a genuine guy, but as a guitar player he's always bored me to tears, chugs and pinch harmonics are only exciting for so long :shrugs:

Posted Image

pugachev

pugachev

DEMI-GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts
  • 10-March 10
Can't stand Zakk, especially his butchery of Randy Rhoads' material.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,034 posts
  • 03-April 03

lol, k

am I the only one who thinks Black Label Society is one of the most awful bands of all time and everything Zakk did with Ozzy was boring as all hell? I do like Zakk because he seems like a genuine guy, but as a guitar player he's always bored me to tears, chugs and pinch harmonics are only exciting for so long :shrugs:

My main beef with him is that he just plays the same solo, and it doesn't always fit. Whether with Ozzy, BLS, Pride & Glory, or guesting with ABB or NuGNR.
Like here, he couldn't sound more out of place if he tried:

MEXzilla

MEXzilla

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • 16-May 12

lol, k

nope zakks band sucks major balls.He never created anything as creative or as good as Slash nuff said. I do agree that he seems like a cool guy.

Dark Knight

Dark Knight

DEMI-GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 12-August 12

lol, k

nope zakks band sucks major balls.He never created anything as creative or as good as Slash nuff said. I do agree that he seems like a cool guy.

hahaha look at slashites they fucking got angry as I said Zakk mops floor with Slash BLS, P & G, Book of Shadows shit all over everything Slash has ever done post Guns Zakk is more versatile he does n`t recycle bluesy cock rock over and over again unlike Slash anyway, each to his own i like Slash but he`s fucking overrated

Edited by Son of a Guns, 24 October 2012 - 04:37 AM.

Formerly known as Son of a gun

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,034 posts
  • 03-April 03

Zakk is more versatile he does n`t recycle bluesy cock rock over and over again unlike Slash anyway

No, he recycles the same licks/runs, and the same songs, and the same pinch harmonic over and over again without regard for the chords or melody.
Seriously BLS has not made a new song since 1919 Eternal...

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11
FFS! - this isn't a Slash vs Zakk thread.. it's good, they both play well.. sure I like Slash more :D

gnr_zps958a9313.png

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,034 posts
  • 03-April 03
But of course it can never be. Someone has to pretend that Zakk can wipe anything...
Actually the dude deserves credit for doing so well, despite not being Randy Rhoads. :mellow:

Edited by moreblack, 24 October 2012 - 12:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users