Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl Rose Interview - 2001

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

31illusions

31illusions

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts
  • 10-September 07
Wow. Never seen this before. You can totally see a difference in his face. No eyebrows!

Posted Image

GUNS N' ROSES

lukepowell1988

lukepowell1988

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts
  • 05-September 11
Looking Nice and shiny after a dose of plastic surgery

Guns "N" Roses !!!

k12

k12

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 17-November 11
yea this was like the first footage of Axl since like 94, amazing he just disappeared off the earth, still dont know why he got all that plastic surgery and botox, and it looks like he shaved his eyebrows in that interview

Guest_RonMexico82_*

Guest_RonMexico82_*
  • Guests
  • --
totally weird.

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 08-August 06
What's even weirder is that his voice is very different to his "normal" deep speaking voice. Maybe he had botox done on the vocal chords too... :confused:
Old-timer Gn'R fan since '87... 

phaeryen

phaeryen

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts
  • 05-May 07
It's so funny because that sports guy didn't have any fricken idea what an impossible thing he just did there. But it went fine for everybody. Axl was all mellow and smiles and enjoying himself... still, you gotta giggle at the oddity of that actually happening. :xmasssanta: :rofl-lol:
FUCK GNR. -Ron Thal, September 13th, 2012.

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • 04-December 11

yea this was like the first footage of Axl since like 94, amazing he just disappeared off the earth, still dont know why he got all that plastic surgery and botox, and it looks like he shaved his eyebrows in that interview

Actually, this is AFTER rio, this is summer 2001.
It's interesting, Rio he had a lot of wieght on him and thick eyebrows, here he is thin and has none. Really makes you wonder if the summer 2001 tour was really cancelled because of buckethead being ill....

gnrjanus

gnrjanus

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • 09-November 05

It's interesting, Rio he had a lot of wieght on him and thick eyebrows, here he is thin and has none. Really makes you wonder if the summer 2001 tour was really cancelled because of buckethead being ill....

I cant find the pictures, but maybe someone here knows them, They are from the 2001 shows, where Axl is in his Blue suede jacket with sparkles etc. and his hair in a pony tail and a pale white face and real skinny... Some said he had Cancer... tried to find the pictures. but no luck. they are out there!

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • 04-December 11

I cant find the pictures, but maybe someone here knows them, They are from the 2001 shows, where Axl is in his Blue suede jacket with sparkles etc. and his hair in a pony tail and a pale white face and real skinny... Some said he had Cancer... tried to find the pictures. but no luck. they are out there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't get how he had so much wieght on him at rio during PC and in pictures of him taken in public around the time of the show, but then in these pictures he looks so frail....

Edited by liers, 21 October 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Nintari

Nintari

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts
  • 13-December 09

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't get how he had so much wieght on him at rio during PC and in pictures of him taken in public around the time of the show, but then in these pictures he looks so frail....

Just a wild guess, but after the Rio show, the entire internet EXPLODED with fat jokes ect. and he was mocked relentlessly. Maybe he took it to heart and stopped eating/went anorexic? That's my guess anyway. There's no WAY you could eat healthy and exercise THAT much weight away in that short of time.

And just for the record, the first REAL public appearance was in the summer of 2000, when he joined Gilby on stage where photos were taken. It predates the HOB and Rio shows.

Edited by Nintari, 21 October 2012 - 05:37 PM.

4. Itchy. Tasty.

Jordan Rose

Jordan Rose

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • 04-March 08

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's because they're from the New year's eve shows a year later! There was one pre Rio show at the HOB in Vegas in Jan 2001 which we have pics and audio of. He wore the black dragon shirt, was chubby and had is mega-hair extensions/plugs in that he had at Rio. He didn't drop 5 stone in a few days!

These pics are from two shows at The Joint in Vegas a year later from which we have zero pics and audio, as far as i'm aware, which is really tragic. Because THIS is how I always envisaged Axl coming back. Yeah, a tad older, but lean, great hair, in the same amazing shape, cool jacket, rock star etc. He obviously took the criticism of his shape at Rio to heart and worked the fuck out to get in shape. Yet by the start of the 2002 shows 6 months later he'd chunked up a fair bit, had a bunch more surgery which made him look less natural then in these awesome pics, and got the braids, allegedly to hide botched hair treatments.

People always want the HOB concert released and I don't know why. He was out of shape and sang weak falsetto a la Rio. We may never know but from these pics i'd guess that he was on fire at the 2 Nevada shows.

Edited by Jordan Rose, 22 October 2012 - 04:10 AM.

I have lived and breathed Axl Rose's 'new' music every single week of my life since I got a bootleg of Rio 3 in January 2001. That is why I reserve the right in 2012 to be utterly pessimistic, butt-hurt, whiney, disillusioned, disappointed and down-right fucked off. "Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''Axl on Slash, 2000. Irony.

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • 04-December 11
At the new years shows at the end of 2001 he had some of the braids...
Posted Image
Posted Image

And he was normal wieght. The next time he was seen was in August 2002 at leeds festival.

So, beginning of 2001, he was fat, summer he was VERY thin, end of 2001 he was normal, 2002 he was thin.

James Bond

James Bond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • 19-December 04
It's always struck me as odd that he looks so different in that NBA interview. He's hardly recognizable, yet in 2006 he looked just like he should at 44. Braids of course, but his face looked like it hadn't aged since '94. Here, and in those blue jacket pictures, he just looks weird.

5206.jpg

Toronto 2006 - Hamilton 2010 & 2011 - Buffalo 2013

trqster

trqster

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • 08-August 06
Axl Rose, the man of the thousand faces... :confused:
Old-timer Gn'R fan since '87... 

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • 04-December 11

Axl Rose, the man of the thousand faces... :confused:

I think "thousand" is a bit low, I would aim more for ten thousand....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users