Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Axl Rose Interview - 2001

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

ChrisMaciel

ChrisMaciel

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • 17-October 05
His hair wasn't braided in the first Vegas show (29/12/2001).

Jordan Rose

Jordan Rose

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • 04-March 08
Wow, i'd never seen those live 29/12/2001 pics, just the backstage from night 1 in blue jacket. I know what that one person means about him looking most 'normal' in 2006 in terms of ageing/lack of bad surgery but in terms of the overall look the last 2001 look is my favourite. That's how he looks in my head in the alternate universe where they dropped CD in 2002 and he took over the world with Bucket, Finck and Brain. Why the fuck he changed to the white trainers/sneakers, baggy trousers/pants, oversize football jerseys and braids i'll never understand. The jeans and those cool, long open jackets looked bad ass.

2006 was awesome though: no stupid hats, occasional sunglasses just to be a rock star. Waistcoats were a bit naff but generally looked and moved like a still-hungry rocker ageing gracefully.

But not he spends the entire show hiding behind those crap hats and sunglasses. I know he's occasionally done the bandanna and no hat when he's been in a very good mood but not often. And I personally think the near permanent feature of the hat since 2009 is because whatever he's been doing to replace/fix his hair since 2001 isn't quite right and he's mega self conscious about it.

Duff said decades ago that Axl was paranoid about losing his already thin hair. It looks as though he's had the standard grafting job where they move strips of hair follicles from the back of your head and put them on top.
I have lived and breathed Axl Rose's 'new' music every single week of my life since I got a bootleg of Rio 3 in January 2001. That is why I reserve the right in 2012 to be utterly pessimistic, butt-hurt, whiney, disillusioned, disappointed and down-right fucked off. "Basically, to me, it was because I am watching this guy and I don't understand it. I don't get it. I wanted the world to love and respect him. I just watched him throw it away.''Axl on Slash, 2000. Irony.

jimb0

jimb0

GOD

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts
  • 04-April 05
Axl looked fucking awesome at the second run of Vegas New Year shows. I was hoping he'd stay that way.

2006 Axl slimmed down while on tour and there's even a pic where he doesn't look that bloated with his shirt off and a coat over.

2007 Axl just got chunky again.

2009 Real real chunky.

December 2010 - band interview. Axl was looking real slim again.

2011 Rio and on - Bloating back up.

What does this have to do with his music? Axl is way more out of breath when he packs on pounds, and his showmanship is not nearly what it is when he's lighter.

I don't buy the hair thing tho.. theres a performance of don't cry in 2010 where he has no hat or bandana and his hair is fine.

I do take this weight fluctuation as a sign that he's drinking more. In those pics in the thread he's drinking red-bull. Now you see the man with a drink almost everywhere he goes. And everyone knows that is not good if he wants his voice half decent. That in combination with the weight and the age... I'm not expecting to be blown away anytime soon.

fuck     been at work all day , could some one please Piss on Me ???

liers

liers

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • 04-December 11

Wow, i'd never seen those live 29/12/2001 pics, just the backstage from night 1 in blue jacket. I know what that one person means about him looking most 'normal' in 2006 in terms of ageing/lack of bad surgery but in terms of the overall look the last 2001 look is my favourite. That's how he looks in my head in the alternate universe where they dropped CD in 2002 and he took over the world with Bucket, Finck and Brain. Why the fuck he changed to the white trainers/sneakers, baggy trousers/pants, oversize football jerseys and braids i'll never understand. The jeans and those cool, long open jackets looked bad ass.

2006 was awesome though: no stupid hats, occasional sunglasses just to be a rock star. Waistcoats were a bit naff but generally looked and moved like a still-hungry rocker ageing gracefully.

But not he spends the entire show hiding behind those crap hats and sunglasses. I know he's occasionally done the bandanna and no hat when he's been in a very good mood but not often. And I personally think the near permanent feature of the hat since 2009 is because whatever he's been doing to replace/fix his hair since 2001 isn't quite right and he's mega self conscious about it.

Duff said decades ago that Axl was paranoid about losing his already thin hair. It looks as though he's had the standard grafting job where they move strips of hair follicles from the back of your head and put them on top.

He did a few shows with nothing on his head in 2009 and 2010, and also had nothing on his head for a few minutes at a concert in 2011 and his hairs all there still, a little thinner than 2001, but that's to be expected, he had his hair in braids for 7 years.

Edited by liers, 22 October 2012 - 08:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users