2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend was at the show and just texted me "Better show than yesterday, although Axl was still pretty off. Neil was badass"

I hope there is a video of Neil and GNR!

Disagree with that assessment about being "pretty off". His voice was fuller, even raspier, than last night for those who dig that tone.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ok show. Axl defiantly at his worst from what I've seen from all the shows I've been to . Neil young duet highlight. Poor Axl. Neil young had more umph to his voice. Axl struggled to say the least. Still love the band. Axl will always be one of the best

Axl was pulling back on his volume on that song with Neil Young. I don't know why. Perhaps because he had never sung it before.

Ali

My friend was at the show and just texted me "Better show than yesterday, although Axl was still pretty off. Neil was badass"

Disagree with that assessment about being "pretty off". His voice was fuller, even raspier, than last night for those who dig that tone.

Ali

Of course it is all subjective, but to my friend he was pretty off - although he did say it was better than last night

From the people here who have recapped the night it does indeed sound like Axl was able to deal with his voice a bit better so that's good

Ali

Of course it is all subjective, but to my friend he was pretty off - although he did say it was better than last night

From the people here who have recapped the night it does indeed sound like Axl was able to deal with his voice a bit better so that's good

He did. I feel strongly his voice was richer and more full, like he was blending his head and chest voice much better. My girlfriend pointed out he had more vibrato tonight too. Noticeably more.

Ali

He did. I feel strongly his voice was richer and more full, like he was blending his head and chest voice much better. My girlfriend pointed out he had more vibrato tonight too. Noticeably more.

Ali

That is good to hear :thumbsup:

How was the tune they did with Uncle Neil?

No one has answered the most important question. How was the fuckin Goose?!?! Show stealer again?

I think it would go without saying that of course he did.

Just got back from the show. Fucking amazing!!!! I love this band so much! Seriously the chemistry between the members was perfect, axl sounded great, and the performance with Neil wa legendary.

The look on axl and Richards faces when they were just watching Neil perform was priceless. Can't wait for Vegas!!!!!

Just got back from the show. Fucking amazing!!!! I love this band so much! Seriously the chemistry between the members was perfect, axl sounded great, and the performance with Neil wa legendary.

The look on axl and Richards faces when they were just watching Neil perform was priceless. Can't wait for Vegas!!!!!

I'm glad you had fun but how can someone with a strep throat sound great? How does that work?

I'm glad you had fun but how can someone with a strep throat sound great? How does that work?

Judging by how much people claim to love how Axl sang in the worst part of the 90s, they actually like those growling, grating noises.

Judging by how much people claim to love how Axl sang in the worst part of the 90s, they actually like those growling, grating noises.

He never sounded weak though, I've never seen a video of the old era where he sounds terrible. He always had the power in his voice.

So the strep throat that destroyed his voice 24 hours earlier was miraculously cured?

I didn't even know he had strep. I rarely come on these forums anymore... Seriously the cupcakes are out of control....I would never spend my time on a forum just to complain... My life is way too rad to focus on the negative...

But to each their own I guess.

But yea, he sounded awesome.

He never sounded weak though, I've never seen a video of the old era where he sounds terrible. He always had the power in his voice.

That is true. He sounded like he had a strep throat but just used force to push through.

I didn't even know he had strep. I rarely come on these forums anymore... Seriously the cupcakes are out of control....

That's unfortunate but surely not all forums are like that...

There are some shows in 1991-92 where he sounded absolutely awful. All rasp with hardly any pitch. Literally a dying cat. Tokyo 92 is an example.