2º Bridge School Benefit Show Oct 21, 2012

NachoLZ

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is not that bad? The fact that he flubbed the lyrics, or the fact that his voice sounds like a wounded cat? This is not what Axl Rose freaking sounds like, I don't care how old or sick he is. I'm not whining, I am honestly confused. I wouldn't want to see ANYONE who sings like this perform. Forget the fact that the name of the person singing is Axl Rose... if his name was Joe Bareass, I'd be like.. WTF is this?

I am literally in shock at how awful the acoustic WTTJ clip sounds. Maybe this isn't the right place to express serious emotions, but I honestly care about Axl Rose and what I heard disturbed me greatly. I'm in complete denial that this is what he can possibly sound like. It's as though the audio has been tampered with in some way, it is that bad.

it's not the audio. something is wrong with axl's voice. could be strep. or something more serious. we don't know. we're not doctors. but it sounds like axl need hospital treatment and time to heal his voice.

Thank you because it doesn't seem like anyone is taking this seriously. Haters are pouncing on it and fans are saying "it's not that bad" but I think there is serious shit going on here. It's like watching Jerry Garcia during his final days with the Grateful Dead. It's freaking me out.

STOOOOOP WHIIININGGGG NOOO ONEEE CARESSSS ABOUUUTT YOUUU AND YOUUUR FEELINGGS! :)

Stop bitching about Axl's voice for God's sake...I've been watching Guns since 1990 and i pretty much have most of the bootlegs from day 1...The golden 1991-1993 era was golden not because of Axl's voice but because of the attitude of the band..Axl had some very shitty moments during his early days,i wonder how you forget about it...the point is that he is out there doing this thing and i support him and the boys...Things have changed,music industry is completely different now and being on the road is the only way a band can make money nowadays...India?Jakarta?...I won't be surprised if the band plays South Pole next year but that's the way it is...take it or leave it...

Once a fan always a fan.Rock on Axl

Stop bitching about Axl's voice for God's sake...I've been watching Guns since 1990 and i pretty much have most of the bootlegs from day 1...The golden 1991-1993 era was golden not because of Axl's voice but because of the attitude of the band..Axl had some very shitty moments during his early days,i wonder how you forget about it...the point is that he is out there doing this thing and i support him and the boys...Things have changed,music industry is completely different now and being on the road is the only way a band can make money nowadays...India?Jakarta?...I won't be surprised if the band plays South Pole next year but that's the way it is...take it or leave it...

i must have Romneisa. cause i wasn't a fan of guns n roses then. i was a fan of guns n roses when robin finck, buckethead, and brain were the nu-big guns of guns n roses. when axl first started playing madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy live with them. with robin, bucket, and brain on stage. around the world. so i don't know about that period. i don't know about the golden 1991-1993 guns n roses bootleg era. but you're saying axl sounded like he had strep throat then in the 90's like axl did at both benefit shows?

Edited by finck6

i must have Romneisa. cause i wasn't a fan of guns n roses then. i was a fan of guns n roses when robin finck, buckethead, and brain were the nu-big guns of guns n roses. when axl first started playing madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy live with them. with robin, bucket, and brain on stage. around the world. so i don't know about that period. i don't know about the golden 1991-1993 guns n roses bootleg era. but you're saying axl sounded like he had strep throat then in the 90's like axl did at both benefit shows?

I think some of the songs were cool and some of the songs were not cool,as far as Axl is concerned...they were OK shows and that's it...it is definately not the end of the world 'cause Axl sucked on some songs or he had a strep throat..

Go find some bootlegs or videos. There were absolutely some rough nights 91-93. Even the concerts from Tokyo that got released have some brutal moments in them.

Go find some bootlegs or videos. There were absolutely some rough nights 91-93. Even the concerts from Tokyo that got released have some brutal moments in them.

is the tokyo guns n roses concert on youtube?

What is not that bad? The fact that he flubbed the lyrics, or the fact that his voice sounds like a wounded cat? This is not what Axl Rose freaking sounds like, I don't care how old or sick he is. I'm not whining, I am honestly confused. I wouldn't want to see ANYONE who sings like this perform. Forget the fact that the name of the person singing is Axl Rose... if his name was Joe Bareass, I'd be like.. WTF is this?

I am literally in shock at how awful the acoustic WTTJ clip sounds. Maybe this isn't the right place to express serious emotions, but I honestly care about Axl Rose and what I heard disturbed me greatly. I'm in complete denial that this is what he can possibly sound like. It's as though the audio has been tampered with in some way, it is that bad.

it's not the audio. something is wrong with axl's voice. could be strep. or something more serious. we don't know. we're not doctors. but it sounds like axl need hospital treatment and time to heal his voice.

Thank you because it doesn't seem like anyone is taking this seriously. Haters are pouncing on it and fans are saying "it's not that bad" but I think there is serious shit going on here. It's like watching Jerry Garcia during his final days with the Grateful Dead. It's freaking me out.

Jerry Garcia was only 53 when he died, he looked like he was 75. That's not a great comparison.

Just watched Axl and Neil Young performing together. Wow! It was awesome.

That song brought back so many memories for me.

I know it had to be a very proud moment for Axl and GNR to play a Neil Young song with them.

I only hope that Neil didn't get Axl's strep throat since they were sharing the same mic! lol

Anyway, I thought it was a memorable performance by all.