Who was the best NewGNR manager?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Who was the best NewGNR manager?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Honestly, Merck sounds bad from what Bruno posted. Azoff only wanted a reunion, and I know jack about the rest. As much as it pains me I might just have to go with the Lebeises here, just because they haven't done anything I strongly disagree with yet.

Edited by bacardimayne

i'd say dougie. gave us the illusions. the you could be mine single. you could be on mine on terminator 2 soundtrack. the EPIC november rain, don't cry, and estranged music videos. the 1992 mtv vma. 1992 mtv vma with axl and elton john performing november rain on stage. 1992 mtv vma Queen gives axl a lifetime achievement award. november rain dominates the charts as a popular single. axl rose cover and photo shoots with rolling stone magazine. oh my god on end of days soundtrack. the 2002 mtv vma. 2001 RIR. axl interview with kurt loder on MTV. the superstar hirings of robin finck, buckethead, and brain to guns n roses. a whole bunch of live shows featuring madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy. and a lot more!

Edited by finck6

Ya know what?, people like to bash Merck all the time on these boards but that guy got a hell of a lot done. He was the one who arranged the successful 2006 European and North American tours. He was the one who was in Axl's face constantly trying to make him work and focus on a new album. He was always at the side of the stage publicly supported the band, and he always spoke favourably about them. Fair enough some if his plans didn't follow the timescale he outlined but why presume it was his fault. With everything that has happened within the last few years, I think it proves it wasn't him to blame. Merck wanted the NuGNR to succeed and release the album in 2006, and who can argue it would of been better if it was released sooner...... All I can say is that Merck tried his hardest, he was not to blame for the album not coming in 2006, in fact quite the opposite.

i'd say dougie. gave us the illusions. the you could be mine single. you could be on mine on terminator 2 soundtrack. the EPIC november rain, don't cry, and estranged music videos. the 1992 mtv vma. 1992 mtv vma with axl and elton john performing november rain on stage. 1992 mtv vma Queen gives axl a lifetime achievement award. november rain dominates the charts as a popular single. axl rose cover and photo shoots with rolling stone magazine. oh my god on end of days soundtrack. the 2002 mtv vma. 2001 RIR. axl interview with kurt loder on MTV. the superstar hirings of robin finck, buckethead, and brain to guns n roses. a whole bunch of live shows featuring madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy. and a lot more!

good answer

Anyone but Merck. He almost fucked up our chance to have two of the greatest guitar players on the earth on board - first he said lots of bullshit about Buckethead to Axl, then he almost made Ron not join the band. So, fuck him.

Goldstein was the manager from 1991 to somewhere up until 2005 to my knowledge so I would not go blaming Merck for Bucket's departure. I also would not believe Axl's word that it was miscommunication on management's behalf that Bucket left either. Is Axl so detached that he can't even call his handpicked bandmember up to see where he has been? Maybe Bucket got fed up with having to go through middlemen just to speak with the only person that truely mattered in the band?

Merck also made Ron almost not join the band? Lollll. Ron would have joined the band if they paid him monopoly money. It was management who decided to put off Ron joining because he opened his mouth way too soon. And again, this was in 2004, we don't know if Merck was managing at that time.

On topic. All the managers have sucked.

Anyone but Merck. He almost fucked up our chance to have two of the greatest guitar players on the earth on board - first he said lots of bullshit about Buckethead to Axl, then he almost made Ron not join the band. So, fuck him.

Goldstein was the manager from 1991 to somewhere up until 2005 to my knowledge so I would not go blaming Merck for Bucket's departure. I also would not believe Axl's word that it was miscommunication on management's behalf that Bucket left either. Is Axl so detached that he can't even call his handpicked bandmember up to see where he has been? Maybe Bucket got fed up with having to go through middlemen just to speak with the only person that truely mattered in the band?

Merck also made Ron almost not join the band? Lollll. Ron would have joined the band if they paid him monopoly money. It was management who decided to put off Ron joining because he opened his mouth way too soon. And again, this was in 2004, we don't know if Merck was managing at that time.

On topic. All the managers have sucked.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewforum.php?id=87 You are wrong, though. Merck sucked no matter how you look at things. Bucket did not come back probably - from what we've been told - because Axl said those bad things about him - and who made up that stuff about Bucket to Axl? GnR's manager, Merck. That much is true because in the chats Axl was much cooler about welcoming Buckethead back as a guest, and in 2006 they tried to get him back. Oh, and Merck was like "we never contacted Bumblefoot, he wants attention" in 2004, but he had to welcome Ron one year and a half later because they needed a guitarist. Even when Ron came on board, he wouldn't let Ron have copies of the unreleased tracks - anyone could have downloaded them, but Merck had to act like a fkn asshole, stupid moron and wouldn't let band members have copy of the songs. So, he's a liar, an asshole. Merck tried to make both Ron and Bucket look bad because he's a moron, simply put. Both these guys are music lovers and will not take shit from anyone - that's why Bucket left, that's why he didnt join Ozzy because he was asked to take his mask off, that's why Ron blames whoever he feels like blaming whenever he wants. As far as I know they love music and hate all that drama.